Omega 3??

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
thinker

Post by thinker » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:34 am

I dont know if anyone watched Oprah yesterday, but there was some really interesting stuff on it..One thing was that Omega 3 can really help with anxiety!1Has anyone tried this?? I am still on Xanax twice a day and I have been feeling like I could maybe cut out my night dose..It will probably be easier to do if I have something else (omega 3) to add instead..I am also wondering if anyone took it with xanax or something else..I read some stuff on the internet that says people report feeling calm within a half hour of taking it!!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:42 am

HI
I take a comco Omega 3-6-9 I have been feeling a bit better I wonder if that is it. I was taking it as a nutritional supplement and have only been taking it a month
I wish I would have recorded Oprah...

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:49 am

I take Omega 3 and it isn't a magic bullet. I haven't really noticed a big change but it takes time for suppliments to make a difference. I would deffinately take it along with a good B and Multi-Vitamin. I don't buy into taking too many things other then what I mentioned, it is just a waste of money in my opinion.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:02 am

I dont know about omega 3 helping anxiety, but i take it cause it lowers cholestral, :) nelly

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks guys, I just thought it might be worth a try, I already take a multi and cal/mag which is supposed to help but I thought it might be a little extra calming..Maybe I will get some and see.

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Omega-3 is good in general, so it can't hurt. I took it for a while, but did not stick with it and plan to start taking it again. I have a friend that takes a product called Formula 303 that has Valerian Root, Passionflower, and Magnesium in it and she says it calms her down tremendously. She is a very high-strung person, so I'm thinking about trying it, too. As we all know, Valium is made from valerian root and I've read a lot about magnesium having a calming effect, but not sure about the passionflower. Hope the Omega-3 works for you.

Leopolda

Post by Leopolda » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:50 am

Omega3 is good for everyone, you get it in fish etc. But taking a supplement is great, cause they have found it helps with things like cancer and heart problems and lowers cholestral.. And these days, its cheaper than statins... take care Nelly:)
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.....Mother Theresa

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:19 am

I can't say enough about Omega 3 supplements. They are not a magic bullet but they do help tremendously. My doctor raised my dosage from one capsule to four daily and I noticed the difference within weeks. I also take a lot of B vitamins too!

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:25 am

I take a multivitamin that concentrates on co-enzyme q10, b-complex, and oh shoot I can't think of it now. I started taking these years ago because of having moderate dysplasia and it is supposed to help with the immune system. Anyway I don't think omega 3 is in there. Does anyone have a brand they like? Are they all the same? I have a very slight cholesterol issue so I wouldn't be taking this for anxiety but heck if it helps why not. I don't eat enough fish...I know that.

Sassesue

Post by Sassesue » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:26 am

Oops it posted w/o me finishing...now I can't remember what I was going to say hahaha. Sorry about that.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”