Lexapro question

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
holly

Post by holly » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm

I am interested to see about weight gain on Lexapro? Please share if you are on Lexapro and whether you gained weight?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:59 pm

I am only about 4 weeks now, but havent gained any yet.

ranger100

Post by ranger100 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:11 pm

i'm at 3 weeks and i haven't gained either but i definitely got my appetite back!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:37 pm

holly-hope you're still out there. I am new here-am amazed to see people mentioning lexapro and weight gain! I have been on it a year and have gained 40 pounds! My doc said it wasn't the med!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:51 am

I've only been on Lexapro three weeks, but specifically asked my doctor for a med that didn't cause weight gain. I've been on others before that did. She said this one is the best for those who are concerned about a drug that might cause weight gain. So far, so good.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:41 am

I gained 20 lbs in 3 months on Lexapro. After the medication kicked in (after about 3 weeks) my appetite came back with a vengence.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:46 pm

i have been on lexapro since june of 2007 and have not gained weight with it. i had lost alot of weight because of my anxiety and depression. i started taking the medication i still lost weight.

even when the medicine started working i still lost weight because i watched what i ate and exercised.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:26 am

Yes, 20lbs in 2 years because of a ravenous appetite while on Lexapro.

I am not going to stop taking it, it works so well, so I am going to just have to deal with being fat.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 am

ive been on lexapro for 4 weeks almost...dont see a difference really,unless im getting skinnier by the day...who knows.it is what it is...hehe

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:34 pm

i think its the individual. We all react differently. I've been on LexaPro for 2 years and haven't really gained any weight. The only thing I gained was muscle weight but thats from going to the gym.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”