Heard coming off Lexapro is wicked...

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:05 am

It's been about 3 weeks since I've gone off and I still feel great. For about 2 weeks after, I would have minor issues: brain zaps, feelings that my emotions would overwhelm me, but the worst was the tiredness. By the evening, I could barely stay upright! The good news is how great the sleep has been. I think I started having more vivid dreams too. I just keep telling myself to float with any weirdness, and keep working the program. I start session 14 today. By the way, coming off Lexapro wasn't wicked for me for what it's worth. :cool:

weakeye

Post by weakeye » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:24 pm

I currently take lexapro and have't had any weight gain that has been to abnormal. I had a really bad time getting off of Paxil. I had taken it for almost 10 years and it was horrible trying to switch to Lexapro. I looked up on the internet and they say that some of the side effects of getting off medications like paxil, lexapro and stuff like this are similar to those getting off of heroin. I do believe it because i experiance it all. It was horrible. Make sure you don't stop taking it without being monitored by a doctor.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:48 pm

I have been tapering off of lexapro for 6 months now and will be off of it in mid February. I went off of it about 8 months ago and i has severe "discontinuation syndrome" symptoms. I take the liquid form and am now on 2ml/day. While it is very important to be monitored by a doctor, my doctor had me taper over one month and that was TOO quick for me and that is when I got all these horrible withdrawl reactions. I am on my own tapering program, my doctor still thinks I am crazy for tapering for so long, even after I told her about the discontinuation syndrome stuff that I went through. BUT I will say that every body is different. I had no or very little symptoms years ago when I got off of effexor.
I was on Leaxapo for about 2 years (this time around), just so you know.
Again, every body reacts differently, but I would recommend a VERY SLOW taper.
Good Luck,
Mary

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:55 pm

just for everyone's info, I am on this discussion thread about lexapro on a different meds site:
you might want to check it out:
<A HREF="http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-con ... 1-239.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-con ... 39.html</A>

Peace,
Mary

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”