zoloft

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
rebka

Post by rebka » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 am

Is anyone happy with taking zoloft and would
recommend it.

ronda stephens

Post by ronda stephens » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:03 pm

I took Zoloft for about 2 months, I did not like it, it made me feel very unmotivated to do anything so I am off of it and feel like myself again. Even with the anxiety I know how to deal with that the Zoloft feeling was too weird for me. I have heard that about half the people Love it and half don't. Talk to your DR about what feels right for you

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi, I have been taking Zoloft for several years, It does have side effects but for me they went away after about a month or so. My only real complaint is weight gain. It does help. My goal is to get off of it with this program. Hope this is helpful. good luck:)

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:42 pm

I have been on Zolof for 4 years too. Started small dosage but I am up to 200 mg + mood pills + sleeping pills. It seems alot but my doctor said that depression & anxiety are also due to a chemical imbalance in the body. The medication does help me focus and deal with daily activities but I don't believe in staying on it for the rest of my life. At least I hope I don't. If I had a choice, I definitely would not want to be dependent on drugs but if you need help, then do what is necessary.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:39 pm

I hate Zoloft. I have only been taking it for about 2 months and have aready started weaning off. I went from 75mg, to 50, and today went to 25. It gives me terrible intestinal trouble and has brought back my anxiety and panic which I haven't had for years. I was put on it for depression after my hysterectomy.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Mine nearly drove me to a bed-ridden stupor.

I think they should've outlawed that drug long ago!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 am

Zoloft has worked great for me for a long time. When it comes to meds it's such a personal thing. What one person things is a Godsend, another thinks is a nightmare! That's why unfortunately, alot of times you just have to try them until you find the one that works best for you. I had bad experiences with a couple of the newer drugs but I usually don't share that on here when someone asks about them because I wouldn't want to deter them from something that might work great for them! Good Luck!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Worked wonders for me and help with all of the fears. Be prepared for side effects but they do go away after a few weeks.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:33 am

I was on it for 3 years and it stoped working. So I was put on other stuff and it didnt work. It's been 1 yr and I have tried Prozac, Cymbolta and other one that didnt work. Now since it has been a year I am back on the zoloft because it works wonders for me. I have severe panic disorder, ocd and some depression. I love it. I had some side effects that went away after 2-3 weeks.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”