cymbalta

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
sammi

Post by sammi » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Has anyone taken cymbalta and has it worked for you? I don't find that I feel much different than I felt before taking it.

danacan

Post by danacan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Sammi, i haven't been in the forums for a long time but i came in tonight and your post cought me eye. I have taken Cymbalta for depression in the past and it did help me. I was on 90 mg a day. From what i was told that was a high does, i don't know what amount you are taking and how long you have been on it but i also know it took about two weeks before i noticed any change and then it was just a small change but as i took it longer i started to see more changes for the better but then i found the program and between the taking the meds and working the program i am off my meds now but i watch myself knowing that i might need them or not ( i hope ) in the future but either way i'm ok with it. If you don't feel your meds are helping you/ you really should talk with your Dr. your Dr. has no way of knowing how you feel inside only you truely know how that feels so share it and see if you can get the help you deserve. Take care i hope that this might help. Keep your chin up there is always hope!!!

honeydew3

Post by honeydew3 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:27 am

My doctor wanted to try adding Cymbalta to my current medication. He also prescribed trazodone for sleep. The first day of taking Cymbalta my insides were crawling the entire day. The next day I took it along with the trazodone before bedtime and ended up sick in bed for 2 days following. I literally had to crawl to the bathroom from severe nausea. Now I do not know whether it was the Cymbalta or trazodone that made me sick.

From what I know, it can take awhile (weeks) before you could notice any improvement. It is great you don't have side effects. I hope it works for you!

Gonzo1

Post by Gonzo1 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 pm

Cymbalta has only minor side effects, few serious side effects include difficulty in breathing, rapid heartbeat and palpitations. you can find more information about this drug at International drug Mart, which also provides you with the information on various other medicines that interact with cymbalta and increase the intensity of side effects.
<A HREF="http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/cymbalta.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/cymbalta.html</A>

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:47 am

I have been on Cymbalta for a couple years now. Besides the depression, the doctor put me on it for pain, 120 mg/day. That's double what the manufacturer claims will help.(must have had happier lab rats!lol) It helps and does take the edge off the pain that won't let you even get out of bed some days. Still have to take Lunesta for sleep, but that's another story.

If you are not getting the results you think you should after six weeks, talk to your doctor about raising the dosage.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”