anti-anxiety meds

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Karin Moberg

Post by Karin Moberg » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:00 am

Please take a look at <A HREF="http://www.pointofreturn.com" TARGET=_blank>www.pointofreturn.com</A>
I wish someone had told me about that site before I got hooked on Ativan for anxiety,,,took .5mg twice a day for 2 months after a trip to the ER after anxiety and depression had driven me nuts...hadn't slept for over 2 months,,,only occasionally 1/2 hour to 1 hour a nite!...
Anyhow, Ativan helped a little at first but when you try to get off of it?...It is worse than the anxiety..
I'm not a doctor and I can't tell you what to do but if I were you I wouldn't start...it just isn't worth it...keep with the program..I just started,,I am still trying to get off Ativan and have to use the website above to get all kinds of supplements to ease the withdrawal...I have been going through hell with bad headaches, spacey/dizzy, blurred vision, stomach/instinal problems galore, sensitivity to light and sound, flu-like chills/sweats...and much much more...you can write me at katinkamoberg@yahoo.com if you like..
Hang in,,,I will too..somehow..you are not alone...
Karin
Riverside, CT

Originally posted by maxygolf:
I think my post disappeared.
I want to know if anti-anxiety meds would help and if I should talk to my doctor about using them.
I have generalized anxiety and ADD and can't sit still to listen to the tapes or relaxation tape or do the homework. I have a coach because I knew I'd have this problem.
I have to pace if I talk on the phone.
I flunked out of school because I couldn't sit and read the textbooks. (I got back in)
Anti-depressants don't help, neither does valium and certain sedatives make me climb the walls.
My self esteem is bad because I tell myself I'm laze not to work on the program or exercise but I have agoraphobia and going outdoors is like pulling teeth.
Has anyone been this way and does anti-anxiety medication help this?

Karin Moberg

Post by Karin Moberg » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:02 am

new here...totally side effects...I had/have them from Ativan but getting off
go to <A HREF="http://www.pointofreturn.com" TARGET=_blank>www.pointofreturn.com</A>
They can help..
Alesandra Rain is wonderful,,very caring ...she will help you get off of it safely..

Karin

Originally posted by MINISTOCK7:
i took a lexapro 10 pill about three hours ago and now im awake feeling very weird with crazy thoughts going in and out of my head,feeling super anxios and very amped up please help

maxygolf

Post by maxygolf » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you for that encouragement Don 56. It sounds like the best way to go. I need examples to follow

jk55

Post by jk55 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:43 pm

Don, that was a great post and so true. I wish psychiatrists would recommend an exercise routine that you would have to stick to for a month before he is able to prescribe any medication. If anyone doesn't believe exercise helps, they haven't tried it. I started on a walking regimen and like Don says, by the end of it, I am so tired, I dont' have the energy to worry about anything. I have been off my routine for about 2 wks now as my kids have started baseball and it seems like i never have time anymore and I can tell you, I notice that my awful thinking has started to kick up again. I am on wk 3 of the program and have learned so much which has helped and tonight I made it a point to get a walk in and it has really helped. Give it a try.
I was on Lexapro and while it took my panic away, I was still having the obsessive thoughts. It was an awful feeling to go through all the thoughts and processes that precede a panic attack but not actually have one. I got off that and recently got off prozac as well. I am determined to make it w/out meds, I know I can. I just don't think the side effects are worth it.
I intend that I live my life in tranquility and peacefullness, free of unneccesary worries and beliefs.

play82

Post by play82 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:17 pm

This is old, but in case people are still reading old posts...I have to say, stimulant medications (ritalin, adderall) were soooo helpful for me! Now, after a serious illness, I have depression/anxiety to contend with, but if I don't take the ADD meds, I really panic, get anxious and depressed. For some people, they can make you jittery and more nervous, but for many with ADD, it is panic and anxiety provoking to not be able to get things done etc. Keep an open mind.

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:32 am

Originally posted by hayley:
HELLO,

I AM TAKEN LEXAPRO 20MG NOW. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. SO NOW I PANIC WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE IT I HAVE BEEN ON IT 4 WEEKS TODAY. EVERYONE HAS SAID HOW AWSOME IT IS, BUT I FEEL IT IS NOT FOR ME I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY RESULTS FROM IT. I SEE MY DOCTOR ON TUES. AND HOPE TO CHANGE IT. ALSO I AM NEW TO THIS CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY EXPERIENCE PANIC ATTACKS ALL DAY LONG ONE AFTER THE OTHER. I WAS JUST TOLD A WEEK AGO I HAVE PANIC DISORDER I CAN STILL HAVE PANIC ATTACKS ON XANAX. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP THAT WOULD BE AWSOME.
THANKS HAYLEY
Hayley: I too have had panic attacks that would go on all day. My body was so charged up that i just could not get calmed down. I had been given Xanax to take but was so against it that i would wait until i was in tears and then take half a tablet of .25. Finally, my doc got on me and told me that i was trying to put out a house fire with a garden hose. Take a whole tablet - I did and realized i could function just fine. I am now able to work and participate. I am still taking the xanax, back to 1/2 a tablet per day, but not worrying about it. It might be my regiment for the rest of my life, maybe not, but it will allow me to get through the program and find out.

Hugs to you - its hard having them for such a long period of time.
cj

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”