Needed: Miracle Drug for Anxiety

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Sonic Max

Post by Sonic Max » Fri May 16, 2008 7:13 am

OK...

Hello everyone. Last winter I came down w/ a real bad case of Sciatica...the pain was astronomically bad. I went on Oxycodone & physical therapy to fix me up...& by the time the pain went away (probably from my religiously practicing the physical therapy exercises)...I had developed a dependency on the Oxycodone. I was then placed on Subutex...to wean me off the Oxy...which worked wonderfully well. But now that the Subutex is out of my system & I'm back to normal...I'm not so normal.

I seem to be suffering from anxiety, really bad...mixed w/ depression, I guess. I've never been more nervous in my life...having anxiety attacks on a daily basis...at the same time I have this overall, general feeling that I will never achieve happiness again.

So my question is...someone told me about a new classification of anxiety/depression wonder drugs...that calm the patient down w/ narcotic-like effect at the same time as they produce a feeling of well-being & euphoria.

Is this what Xanax is?

Or...how about: Ativan, Buspar, Celexa, Prozac & Zoloft?

When I was on the Subutex...the effect lasted for a very long period of time...sometimes as much as 24 hours plus...& I felt the best I ever have in my life. I was told that the new anxiety medications produce a similar feeling to Subutex.

In need of some advice in this area...thanks,

SM

BrendaDreams

Post by BrendaDreams » Fri May 16, 2008 9:38 am

I've never found a med that was that effective. Xanax can be addictive too. Could the anxiety just be part of your recovery from the oxycodone? It might resolve itself if it wasn't something you already had before the other meds.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"- Eleanor Roosevelt

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Fri May 16, 2008 10:32 am

I totally agree with EMMA. There is no "miracle drug." Your greatest miracle would be this program. Do you have it? If not, you need to get it. I'm doing things I couldn't do before and have LESS anxiety. Am I completely what I'd like to be? NO! Do I still have bad days? YES! Everyone still has bad days but can you overcome this anxiety? Yes! How bad do you want it? Get the program, do the forums, and go on chat. You'll get help.

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Fri May 16, 2008 10:34 am

I meant to see this doesn't mean you shouldn't take any meds. I still take ativan as needed, only about 3-4 days a month which I'm starting to think is hormonal since I don't take it other times. Also there are many very good books out there about overcoming anxiety. Lucinda's "Panic to Power" is helpful and people have mentioned many others. #1 priority should be completing the program and maybe going thru it a 2nd time as well.

Catherine Anderson

Post by Catherine Anderson » Wed May 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Originally posted by Sonic Max:
OK...

Hello everyone. Last winter I came down w/ a real bad case of Sciatica...the pain was astronomically bad. I went on Oxycodone & physical therapy to fix me up...& by the time the pain went away (probably from my religiously practicing the physical therapy exercises)...I had developed a dependency on the Oxycodone. I was then placed on Subutex...to wean me off the Oxy...which worked wonderfully well. But now that the Subutex is out of my system & I'm back to normal...I'm not so normal.

I seem to be suffering from anxiety, really bad...mixed w/ depression, I guess. I've never been more nervous in my life...having anxiety attacks on a daily basis...at the same time I have this overall, general feeling that I will never achieve happiness again.

So my question is...someone told me about a new classification of anxiety/depression wonder drugs...that calm the patient down w/ narcotic-like effect at the same time as they produce a feeling of well-being & euphoria.

Is this what Xanax is?

Or...how about: Ativan, Buspar, Celexa, Prozac & Zoloft?

When I was on the Subutex...the effect lasted for a very long period of time...sometimes as much as 24 hours plus...& I felt the best I ever have in my life. I was told that the new anxiety medications produce a similar feeling to Subutex.

In need of some advice in this area...thanks,

SM
This course is the miracle drug, because it leads you to self healing. Before buying the course 3 months ago I started on Xanax (lowest dose) twice a day. It helped me at a time when I just couldn't stand myself anymore because of the anxiety and panic episodes. Then of course I was afraid to take the medicine and prayed for still, another way to beat this negative state of affairs. Six weeks into the course, I was only taking the 1/2 tab at night to ease the fear of darness and not sleeping. Now, even that isn't necessary. It was a temporary path to a greater solution, which is this course. Be patient with yourself. You will beat it!
Best
Catherine Anderson-
FL

noejrg20

Post by noejrg20 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:17 am

TRY SEREDYN FROM AMORYN WEBSITE IT SEEMS TO HELP ME ALOT OR AS GOOD AS XANAX NUT NOT ADDICTIVE!! ITS ALL NATURAL HERBS!!

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 pm

You should take any antidepressant medications for your treatment of depression without getting effects of body. I will get an information of full list of anti-depressants medication, You can see Here.

lovemyfamily

Post by lovemyfamily » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:05 am

I haven't purchased the program yet because it is too expensive right now in our budget. I have been taking Seroquel and want to know if anyone else has taken it. I have only been on full (300 mg.) dosage for about 3 days. Last night thought I was going to drive myslf to the ER because husband and child are off hunting. But the more I read about the program, the more I think this may be the answer. I know I am my own worse enemy when it comes to depression and anxiety. It seems to make a complete circle sometimes. Anyone have an idea how to purchase for less than $500.+? I know about the monthly $70.00 but that is not in our budget either.

SusieQFish

Post by SusieQFish » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 am

How are you feeling now? Has the medication helped?
Originally posted by lovemyfamily:
I haven't purchased the program yet because it is too expensive right now in our budget. I have been taking Seroquel and want to know if anyone else has taken it. I have only been on full (300 mg.) dosage for about 3 days. Last night thought I was going to drive myslf to the ER because husband and child are off hunting. But the more I read about the program, the more I think this may be the answer. I know I am my own worse enemy when it comes to depression and anxiety. It seems to make a complete circle sometimes. Anyone have an idea how to purchase for less than $500.+? I know about the monthly $70.00 but that is not in our budget either.

Sherry10

Post by Sherry10 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 am

I am 45 years old and have been suffering from panic/anxiety/OCD disorders all of my life. I have been on every medication made for nerve disorders and can truthfully tell you there are NO miracle drugs. I have been in therapy 3 days a week for 5 years also which is also not a cure-all. I have severe back pain from spinal stenosis and have chronic osteoarthritis in my back and right leg. I started the program yesterday, today being my second day. I was a little anxious, but I truly believe from what I've learned so far that this progarm WILL help with my disorders. I bought the progarm on Ebay for $120. It had never been used, so I got a great deal. I did'nt check, but maybe your local library might have a copy of the program you could use. Just an idea. Good Luck to All and God Bless Us All.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”