Questions and experiences with prescription medications
lilchrissy

Re:

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Great post and so true Janine! Keep up the good work :D

WW

Re: Re:

Post by WW » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:16 pm

lilchrissy wrote:I get mad every time I see this threads title... I was told that for many years before I used CBT and the TEA forms to get better and have been COMPLETELY med free for years now and feel like I am getting better and better all the time. Don't let drug companies that profit from this line of thinking control the message! :!:
Me too Chrissy! A total disservice to those who are still suffering. Awesome post! :D

lilchrissy

Re: Re:

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm

WW wrote:
lilchrissy wrote:I get mad every time I see this threads title... I was told that for many years before I used CBT and the TEA forms to get better and have been COMPLETELY med free for years now and feel like I am getting better and better all the time. Don't let drug companies that profit from this line of thinking control the message! :!:
Me too Chrissy! A total disservice to those who are still suffering. Awesome post! :D
Indeed it is!!!

forever young 06

Re:

Post by forever young 06 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 am

I have read thru all these post. I used to be on here a lot but there is not much going on so sad. I wonder what happened to lyndalu as she hasn't posted since last year and she was going off her meds.It can be dangerous I am really scared of drugs now and used to not be. I went on imipramine in the 80s as I was almost house bound and they helped me but I never really worked hard on getting totally free just relied on the meds. the yrs took a toll on my colon so decide to try newer meds long story short went on Prozac for a yr then went off. started having weak spells that wasn't panic or anxiety related but decided might be so went back on meds had trouble now on celexa because Prozac gave me the worst insomnia. I have been on celexa for 2 months and starting back with the spells. my dr said going off the meds is dangerous he told of a lady who was biopalar who went off her meds but was in a coma. scarey

lilchrissy

Re:

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:45 pm

A couple of things to remember: Bi-polar is very different than other anxiety disorders and needs stabilizing meds. Also doctors have incentives to write prescriptions so it is in their financial best interest to promote the need for meds. I know several people (myself included) who went off meds and feel better than they ever have in their lives and all of these people were told they would need to be on meds for the rest of their lives.

WW

Re:

Post by WW » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Lyndalu is back I just responded to one of her posts a few minutes ago and she even said she is doing well now :D

LyndaLu

Re:

Post by LyndaLu » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Is that all that doctors do, give us medications !
I am talking about medications for physical health conditions in addition
to psychiatric medications.
I take medications for ulcerative colitis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis
and iron deficient anemia. Plus I need to start taking B12 too because I
have a B12 deficiency. I am also taking Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Buspar
and Seroquel. I am SUPPOSED to taking Caltrate, a vitamin, for
my osteoporosis, but I am not taking THAT right now.
I am only 53 years old and I am sure that some 90 year olds don't take
the amount of medications that I do.

I am taking a workshop called "Healthy Living" right now.
It takes place every Wednesday afternoon for six weeks.
The workshop is all about managing chronic illnesses,
whether they are physical or emotional.
Between the big book that comes with the workshop
and the workshop itself, I should be learning some
techniques to helping myself feel better.
I am sure that diet and exercise will be part of the class,
and that is what I am afraid of ( :o ). I am doing pretty
good so far with my road back to recovery for my mental
health conditions. Working on improving my physical health
is going to be the REAL challenge for me.

LyndaLu

forever young 06

Re:

Post by forever young 06 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:52 am

fill in the blanks with what happened to you. you were trying to get off your medication. so apparently you didn't. I know you took some meds for sleep. I need to figure out what to do for myself at this time. I wish I was able to get off my medication as it all has sideffects but am afraid to now as I had terrible weak spells on no Dr knows what caused them they don't seem to be anxiety related.

LyndaLu

Re:

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi forever young:

Taking myself off of my psychiatric medications was the biggest mistake of my life.
This is my own personal experience, it is not meant to be a replacement for
any medical advice or treatment that your own doctor has given you.
Each diagnosis is unique and so is their treatment plan.
For some people, finding the psychiatrist that is a right match for them is the key.
I hope you find the solution that is right for you.

LyndaLu

lilchrissy

Re:

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Lynda,
So nice to hear from you. I have often wondered how you were doing. I am glad things are going better for you :D
That healthy living class sounds like it will really be good for you too.
Doctors love prescribing meds and I hate taking them personally. Even if all the meds they give you are well researched they don't do research on how they all work in concert when you take a variety and I'm not willing to be their guinea pig.
Happy New Year!

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”