"You'll always have to take meds."

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
LyndaLu

Re:

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Hey lilchrissy:

The Healthy Living class comes with a big book for me to take home
after the final class at the end of six weeks.
The book and the class have healthy and practical approaches
to managing the symptoms of your chronic illnesses.
I hope to start reading the "big book" after the classes are over.
I am obese and have had problems with my weight for 30 years.
I am older and sicker now and I sure need to loose that weight.
My body cannot handle that extra weight any longer.
My sister just lost 40 pounds. I am very proud of her, as it is a
very difficult thing for many of us to do. Maybe she can be
the inspiration for my future weight loss. Our physical health
absolutely impacts our emotional health :!: .

Thanks for listening.

LyndaLu :)

forever young 06

Re:

Post by forever young 06 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:45 am

Lyndalu, I am glad you are doing better. I feel like this class has helped you a lot. I am so limited to help in the small town I live in. That is why I have been stuck for years. I wish I could get off the medication but the last time I tried I had the worst physical symptoms they were not anxiety related. I went to the er and several drs and no one could figure out what was causing it.

chrissy is it possible to learn to do the TEA form by myself and get over my panic. will this work for agrophobia? this is the biggest thing I am facing now.

lilchrissy

Re:

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:03 pm

LyndaLu,
I was unaware of your weight struggles. I sincerely hope you have similar success to that of your sister. Our physical well-being definitely affects are emotional states. So glad you seem to be on a great path now!

lilchrissy

Re: Re:

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:11 pm

forever young 06 wrote: chrissy is it possible to learn to do the TEA form by myself and get over my panic. will this work for agrophobia? this is the biggest thing I am facing now.
Hi forever young (something I would like to be lol)
Yes, it is possible to do the TEA forms on your own (several people I know have had good results by themselves) but you have to be disciplined in doing them everyday. Sorry, but I can't say for sure about agoraphobia because I did not really experience that. My understanding is that agoraphobia develops over time because of panic and anxiety and the TEA worked great for both for me so I suspect they would work equally well with it, but can't personally attest to this (maybe someone else here can?).
I think they would be worth a shot because there is no downside as you can check out the Obitz book at your library and give them a try or buy it on-line for under 20 bucks (www.tao3.com).
Good luck and I hope my reply is helpful :D

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”