celexa/herbal suplements??

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:35 am

I would watch out asking most "doctors" about any alternative supplements etc. They will deny it, but they always knock em down. I took Lucinda's advice and read up on the anti-depressant that I was taking. I am not giving specific information to scare anyone, but if I knew what I know now about what I have taken and was informed, there is no way I would touch them. And that's not coming from fear but of being truly informed.

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:03 am

dont have to ask a doctor about supplements or herbs or natural remidies it if you havent to take a naturla product and happen to be allergic to it or it causes a reaction t you when you take one the ER doctors will tell you its hard to treat a person that taking herbs or natural supplements because so many regular medications can not be give to someone that is or has been takeing natural or herb products
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:06 am

from experiance taking St johns warts I had a stroke takeing that herb thats why Id much reather take a medication anti depressent or any other med that a doctor will give than take a herb noone can tell you what it may do to you

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:47 am

I didnt do well on celexa, but I took zoloft for a long time....been off all drugs for almost 2 years. I take 5htp on a regular basis...ive heard bad stuff about st johns wort, I wont take that, but ive read alot about 5htp and it seems very positive. I have been doing well!!! yayyyy =-)

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:17 am

I was told if you are taking na ssri anti depressant do NOT take 5 htp. They both increase seratonin levels in the brain
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

keithjoy

Post by keithjoy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 am

YOU can not take SSRIs with 5 htp at all my hearbal lady says ssris have to be out of your system 6 months before taking any of the herbs or 5htp

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 am

Did Celexa ever give anyone twitching? I have it so bad it is driving me crazy...I jist looked it up and noticed it was not normal and to stop taking the meds.

Megan

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Originally posted by mbollman:
Did Celexa ever give anyone twitching? I have it so bad it is driving me crazy...I jist looked it up and noticed it was not normal and to stop taking the meds.

Megan
I've never had this problem and I've been on Celexa for almost 7 years.

bdiddy

Post by bdiddy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Yes, I have had twitching with Celexa. It went away after I quit taking it. Talk to Dr. if you are having bothersome side effects. I found it also helped to take it at night before bed. That seemed to cut down on the side effects.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:56 pm

I have been taking Celexa for about two months now. The only side effect I've had is that it makes me sleepy, so I am now taking it at night instead of in the morning.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”