celexa/herbal suplements??

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Thu May 31, 2007 3:21 am

i didnt take my celexa yesterday and for some reason today i am more anxious than usual and my stomach hurts.has anybody gotten more anxious when just missing ONE day of celexa or any anti-dep? Has celexa actually worked for any of you who have taken it? i am king of looking for an alternative way of helping my anxiety. i want to take natural suplements becaus ever since i started celexa i got derealization and i hate it. does anybody take anything natural for anxiety that actually works? and/or does anybody know anything (natural/herbs)good for concentration? thankyou folks
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu May 31, 2007 4:39 am

I was on Celexa on and off for about 2 weeks (only 10mg.) I have not been on anything for the past 6 months. I did acupuncture for 4 months and it helped. They gave me an herb mixture to go along with it too. Kava Kava is another natural relaxant to try. I'm willing to try anything and everything besides giving any more money to the Pharmaceutical companies who only want to cover up the problem and make money. Meditation is pretty tough especially for people like us but I feel with enough practice it will work. There is a CD that I listen to every morning too called 101 power thoughts for life by Louise Hayes. The combination of all of these things have helped me but I still feel like this has stripped me of my feelings for people & things. I know they are still there though, just buried under all the stress and anxiety, we just have to have hope!
xoxo
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 10:27 am

I use a herbal remedy called Mindsoothe (link is below). It works wonders. I have been taking it for about 6/7 months and have really seen positive, uplifting changes in my mood. The way I react to situations is much more calm. I used to feel very depressed about situations and when I look back at how I felt before taking the Mindsoothe, and how I feel now, it's like night and day. This herbal remedy is also used for OCD and it has helped me tremendously with that too. I used to take Paxil and I think the Mindsoothe is just as effective, if not more, than Paxil. I didn't really know if it would work when I first started taking it, but it's really helped me a lot.
I also take Purecalm for anxiety and within 5 minutes I feel very relaxed. I had to drive on a road that's difficult for me so I took some Purecalm and I drove where I needed to go without any anxiety/panic attacks.
I have a discount code that you can use for the Purecalm and Mindsoothe if your interested just PM me and I'll send it to anyone who is interested.
Go to this link for the Purecalm - <A HREF="http://www.nativeremedies.com/purecalm_ ... &kbid=4984" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nativeremedies.com/purecalm_ ... id=4984</A>
And this link for the Mindsoothe - <A HREF="http://www.nativeremedies.com/mindsooth ... &kbid=4984" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nativeremedies.com/mindsooth ... id=4984</A>

flyhigh

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 10:57 am

can mindsooth and purecalm be taken with xanax or klonopin I know when person is on meds you can not take herbs at all cause natural or herbs can not be mixed with anti anxiety meds or anti depressents

Hally

Post by Hally » Thu May 31, 2007 11:03 am

Oh I see mindsooth is st johns worts and I can not take St johns worts tried it all by its self and it effected my blood pressure if you have high blood pressure you ncan not take some herbs like st johns warts a nutrishinist told me
Two paths diverged in a yellow wood.

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 12:02 pm

i have both, but have not yet taken them... funny, hunh?

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Holly J,

I dont know anything about Celexa, I take 10 mg of Paxil and I am ditching it. In the future I will definitely take St. John's or something. I do want to tell you or anyone reading this to look up L-theanine. Make sure on the label it says made by "Suntheanine". Awesome. I mean, it honestly , from what I researched, does not contradict any drug or medicine, it relaxes you but keeps you focused. If you read up on it, I believe in Japan they put it in gum, candy, etc. that's how safe it is. Now that I am putting the skills of the program to use, I am definitely going to use it again. Again, if you read up on it and search it, it is good for you to and my mother gave a little to her dog (you can do that) for his anxiety when they traveled! Good Luck.

Karmerri

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 2:01 pm

You also have to be very careful taking herbs or natural remedies expecially if your taking xanax or klonopin or anti depressent and to you have to watch out for the type of herbs ore natural remedies you take because they ma not can be takin with certain type of regular medications and like yello says if you have a amedical problem like high blood pressure or diebeties or heart racing problems a person can not tkae st john warts make the heart race more severe

ronda stephens

Post by ronda stephens » Thu May 31, 2007 4:15 pm

personally, i feel like st. johns doesnt work well. i hear from a couple people that its not good for you. i dont know. but i wonder what 5-htp is like? i just want something completly natural. i am sick of pre meds. thanks guys for your feed back (:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Post by Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 4:24 pm

St john warts is not good and any cardiologist wil tell you that st john warts is not a good herd to be taking it can cause tacycardia

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”