What's Your Favourite Comforting Song?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:44 pm

"Perspectives" by Kutless! I found it on the spirtual boards actually and it really lifts me up and put things in "perspective" when i feel my lowest

"Why can't you see
Freedom is sometimes
Just simply another perspective away
Who could you be
If your lens was changed for a moment
Could you still be the same?"

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:18 pm

This is an "oldie" but it lifts my spirits. The song is "Downtown" by Petula Clark. It reminds me of my days growing up in Bklyn and working in Manhattan. I miss it but TX ain't so bad.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 am

Come on everybody. Keep it going. I want to hear more songs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni43

Post by Toni43 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:35 am

Hi all. Another comforting song is well there are more, but two that come to mind are:

We're Here For A Good Time, Not A Long Time
and
One from the sixties some of you will remember is:
Let's Live For Today! It's sung by the Grassroots.

Take care,
Peace and Hugs!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:14 am

I have several favorites that bring a smile to my face no matter how bad of of a day I've had.

A couple of songs by The Corrs come to mind. I always find myself playing their song "Hideaway" a few times in a row, and the song "Runaway" off of their first CD might be the perfect love song.

"Happy to Give" by Journey has always been a favorite...and their rocker "Rubicon" always seems to inspire me.

I'm a musician so I listen to the music more than the words...there are some songs where the music is very comforting but I have no idea what the words are saying! "If You Were Here" by Thompson Twins is a good example. If you have seen the movie "Sixteen Candles" it is the song at the end where Molly Ringworm (is that her name??) finally gets her birthday cake. A perfect song for a happy ending.

Another is the song "Exile" by Enya. I always find myself throwing on her "Watermark" CD on cold rainy days and that one song always gives me chills when I hear it.

I know there are more...

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:26 am

I think her name is Molly Ringwald not Molly Ringworm- HA That gave me a good laugh today Thank you.

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 am

i like tiny dancer by elton john it always makes me smile :)
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”