meds question

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
hawkeyes

Post by hawkeyes » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:05 pm

can anybody tell me if there is a medicine out there that you only take during a panic attack.im not looking for something i have to take on a daily basis. im just looking for something to relieve the symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks when i have them.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:37 pm

From what I know, there is anxiety medication you can put on your tongue or gums to react faster (don't know what it's called) to calm the anxiety quicker. DOn't know if it helps with the actual ANXIETY ATTACKS, but it does help with anxiety. This is something you may need to consult a doctor about if nobody knows. I wish I could help more, but I really don't know for sure.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:40 pm

Also, as far as having something to use for anxiety, I have been prescribed klonopin to use "as needed". I didn't have to take it everyday. At one time, I hardly took it at all. It mostly helped me sleep, though.
Hope this helps....

ronda stephens

Post by ronda stephens » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:26 am

you can take xanax or narabaum(sp??)...that you only have to take when you have an attack. Take care! :)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:20 am

Same with Ativan, it acts in about 15 minutes and shuts down the panic cycle.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Originally posted by Rene98:
Same with Ativan, it acts in about 15 minutes and shuts down the panic cycle.
I love Ativan. And it is not habit forming unless you let it and it just takes the edge off. I hear its not for long term though. Im a med phobe so I hate something that has to be in your system for weeks to work. Ativan is fast and lasts. Thank God.

Post by Guest » Fri May 01, 2009 6:16 pm

another vote for adavan (lorazapam/generic). There are more than one that are fast acting, vs the type that are long lasting. talk to your doctor, some folks tolerate one over the other, it is all up to your brain and body.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”