beta blocker? r they good?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:19 am

Karma,

Is it okay to take the Beta Blocker witht he Xanax? I have both and did not know that you could take them together.

Back in March 07 you helped me so much when I started taking Lexapro. I did great on it for a year and half then came off it. Why? I am not sure. My husband got deployed to Iraq and now my anxiety is circling its way back into my life. The only major symptom of my anxiety is my heart rate in tach. Scarys me to death. I think I am not going to be able to settled it down every time. The other symptom I have is eating. I never eat.

I am starting back of my Lexapro and hope it works again.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 am

hi sweetie - i'm so glad i was able to help you in any way - that makes me so happy! i hope i can help again.

remember, i am not a medical doctor. that being stated, i take 10 ml of inderal (propananol) every morning with 5 ml of valium and 20 ml of lexapro. they work together to give me the quality of life i want and deserve! you deserve a life of quality too!

xanax is a sister drug to valium. i can't imagine there would be a problem there. i work with a girl who takes both xanax and a beta blocker. she has experienced no bad effects.

do you think that maybe you stopped taking the lexapro because you were better and had no need of it anymore? my sister did that about 105 times before she realized that it IS THE LEXAPRO that makes her feel better. i thought about taking a lower dose of lexapro because i've been feeling so wonderful. then i had an epiphany - i feel better because my medications are on track.

would i like to live a life without medication? sure - who wouldn't? do i see it in the cards for me right now? no i don't. and that's MORE THAN OKAY.

you have a lot on your plate right now, sweetie. the fact that your husband is in iraq must keep you at the edge all the time. depression can lead to not eating. in turn, the not eating can lead to more depression. this is a cycle that must be stopped now.

in my early 20's, my weight dropped to 88 pounds. this was NOT something i had tried to achieve. in my 30's, my weight dropped again (not that low) when my husband went to korea.

talk to a pharmacist if that makes you feel more secure about your medication. talk to every pharmacist in town if that makes you feel even better! i know i have - really!

please - for your sake - start taking your beta blocker. if it were me, i'd take a xanax first. then i'd cut the beta blocker in half or in quarters and take a piece. remember, you'll already have the xanax in your system so you won't have anxiety going on. when you see that you're ok and safe taking the medications at the same time, you'll be able to take a bit more of the beta blocker. i'll tell you this - it's wonderful to NOT have a racing heart!

my email is karmaberry@gmail.com. feel free to contact me any time. i'll always try to make you feel better!

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”