Alcohol & Meds

Questions and experiences with prescription medications

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:54 am

hey there anderson,yes i'm sure they have good reason. and from what i have researched, xanax and alchol are the top 2 mixers that kill. i think most of this is for the ones that abuse phenzos and and alchol. i have had people try to buy my xanax, ask for them, and steal them. i keep them locked now.phenzo abusers are what gives this med a bad name. pill poppers are drug addicks and you can bet you bottem dollar that it started from untreated gad :? give back some input girls ang guys anita

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:06 am

Sorry, that was just me last night, not what you said. I was looking for a reason to fall apart and of course I found one. Today is even worse. Somehow I just don't think I'm going to make it. Anybody know where the nearest nut farm is? :eek: I can't do this anymore.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:26 am

wow craw, you been on here since 01? did you do the program. tell me your story :eek:anita

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:41 am

Anyone out there, I'm taking Lexapro and just began wellbutrin. Took wellbutrin before but years ago. I also take clonazepam at night to help me sleep and also if i have a panic attack. My question is this-what type of drugs are these (ssrs, etc.) and how does this affect my drinking- say 2 glasses of wine or 2 or 3 beers on occasion? i know its not good to drink at all when depressed-i've started goingto some meetings because i was self medicating with alcohol for a while and finally fessed up to my psycologist and psychiatrist so they are aware of the situation. alcoholism runs in family so trying to be real careful but i won't say its easy. any replies would be appreciated

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:44 am

This is to Craw. I think the nearest nut farm is in my head. hee hee. you are not alone. hang in there!

once i told my doctor that it might be easier to just be declared insane so i wouldn't have to wonder why i think so much all the time about everything but it's just the way God built me so i have to find a way to make it work for me and i know that eventually i will, you will too, and we WILL find peace for ourselves. Good Luck and God Bless

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:47 am

Downsizer,
I beleive you answered your own question. You started self mutilating while on alcohol. Alcoholism runs in your family. So,,, Why drink any of it, even wine or beer. Its alcohol. My OPINION is to keep going to meetings and getting strength from those who have been through it, concentrate on getting over anxiey/depression and DONT drink alcohol at all. But, again thats just my opinion. Take Care Nelly :)

john tankersley

Post by john tankersley » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:54 am

Craw,
One of those bad times for you i expect. But you will make it. We all do. No guarntees we wont have growth spurts, but you know what to do. Although sometimes it hard to realize when you feel like you cant go another day, to practice those skills,, Thank God those times and days do pass. Keep on Keeping on Craw. YOu are gonna make it!!! Take care Nelly:)

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:28 am

het there,downsizer, you can look these med up on line search antidepressants and antianxiety meds. :) :( :D :p :eek: :?anita

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:15 pm

Anita, yes I've done the program. One and a half times. Does the half time count? lol I've had anxiety since about 8 or 9. I'm 44 now, married, one son, he's 8 and autistic. I got a handle on most of the anxiety thru this program but the depression comes back sometimes. No meds for me. It's a personal choice. I'd rather die first. Gee I'm so chipper, ain't I. Sorry to spread my poop around here. Y'all got enough of your own to deal with.

I'm gonna try to hang in there guys but it's so hard. You'd think after years and years of this I'd know what to do and how to make it better. And I do but when I go thru a "spell" none of the skills comes to mind. I can't even get myself to get up in the morning and get dressed, never mind review this program. It's easier to just give up in tears. Really it is! I speak truth!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:41 pm

Craw,
I know exactly whats that like. Funny thing was i had anxiety for so many years, never thought about having depression till my anxiety got better, then Poof, i had depression for quite awhile nd didnt even know what it was till i finally went to the doctor. I been taking celexa for awhile now and its so much better, im tapering off it. You dont want meds, thats your decision and good for you. I didnt think i would ever take or need meds for depression. But, made up my mind i would not take them long. Having an autistic child is very challenging, i have a friend with one. I wish you the best with your child. TAke care:)Nelly

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”