living with a battered self esteem (session3)

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Vluppi123

living with a battered self esteem (session3)

Post by Vluppi123 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:56 am

Since i was little ive always felt alittle empty inside, like i wasnt lovable or important. I wouldnt say much neither when in social situations nor to myself, didnt feel like my opinion mattered much. it was hard, i felt like i was drifting in life. My parents werent really there for me, had problems with in-family foster services. Just last night i thought of this, and seemed like i wanted to cry. But i didnt. At this point im considerably numb. Some say a lil cwazed. At this point ive heard it all. Im 35/ what seems to be a nightmare is just a memory now. Hope i learned from it, wish i handled it diferently too ,but these are the cards we are dealt. What i come to learn from this weeks program is that we choose to create our happiness. Just dwelling on the negatives surely is addictive, but i would rather choose happiness. That means i have to learn more in countering negative feelings. This session is really not that easy, I meaning the concept is simple, but to put the effort in changing on how we talk to ourselves isnt. I think it something that should be re evalutated each week. Think this program does that, which is another plus, plus :)

coachchris

Re: living with a battered self esteem (session3)

Post by coachchris » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:21 pm

I like asking the question: What makes me valuable or what gives me value? If that is hard to answer then you can ask: What makes other people valuable? I think this is very related to expectations as well. This is that feeling part of healing and takes us to the deeper waters of our identity. Celebrate your courage to keep stepping into love and growth. We are with you! Reach out if you need anything.

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”