From Hawaii

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Char808

Re: From Hawaii

Post by Char808 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:21 am

Hi Sharilyn!

The same thing happened to me and I lost my whole reply back lol! I guess we need to copy the whole message before sending just to be safe.

I’m so glad that you feel safe sharing with me as I do with you. And I thank you and appreciate you so so much. It’s not easy sharing vulnerabilities, especially to someone you don’t know, so thank you for being that safe place for me as well. Another common ground that we have is God and Jesus! He is so good! I pray that you find more friends in Christ. I was just telling my sister in Christ that I only have two friends that believe in God and she told me to pray for more and God will give them to me. I believe that He will bring them to you as well🙏🏼.

Thank you so much for your kind words🥺. I’ve noticed that I sometimes have a hard time accepting or believing the good things that people tell me but I’m starting to accept and believe them more and more. Thank you for sharing your church sermon with me! I haven’t gone to church in a few months. I really miss the praise and worship. I relate to that message as well because I’ve been questioning whether or not I’ve been doing enough for God and questioning what I should be doing and I start to overthink and over Analyze and stress and put myself down and I know God didn’t want that for us. He wants us to live in His peace and Joy and show people Jesus through us. I want to help everyone and I realize that I need go help myself first before I can help others. I’m in a healing and growing stage and I need to realize that I’m growing in Christ. And I thank Him for this opportunity to learn and grow through Him. Even talking it out with you is helping me answer my own questions and realize things so thank you so so much.

I Understand the struggles with sleep. And I pray that you can get better rest in God. My sleep is becoming more consistent and enjoyable. The tools that help me sleep is talking to the anxiety. I would literally say out loud “hello anxiety, I acknowledge that you’re there and you can come for a moment but you cannot live in me. You do not control me and I do not fear you.” And surprisingly it went away. I rebuke SATAN a lot too. The key is to know the anxiety is there but not let it bug you or don’t fear it. I would tell myself it’s ok if you don’t fall asleep right now, your body will eventually fall asleep. Or tell myself it’s ok if I have a panic attack in the middle of the night, I’ll use the steps to get through it. I would be afraid to go to sleep and I became afraid of the night because I knew I would have a hard time sleeping. Try not to worry about it or try not to think things like “ugh, I’m probably going to have a hard time sleeping.” Be patient and kind to yourself. I’m so happy that you got some exercise in! I try to exercise everyday and I do believe it helps. Try not to exercise 2 hours or so before bed it’s better to do it in the morning or afternoon so your body can wind down. Try not to eat right before bed either. Before bed I pray and journal and do the feel better tape. Sometimes I’ll do the 2-4 breathing the whole time until I fall asleep. Or I’ll read a book. I hope these tips that helped me can help you too. Main thing is to trust in God and not fear the anxiety. We will find rest in Him🙌🏼.

That’s so amazing that you and your husband are doing the program together! That’s a huge blessing.

You’re strong to push through and are able to be alone. I really struggle with fully being alone. I noticed that I’ve never really been alone all my life and I always fear someone will hurt me and I have to ask myself, where does that come from? From my childhood? I’m not sure but it’s something that I’m exploring and telling myself that I am safe and I don’t need to be on high alert unless something is actually happening! I’m realizing that fear is the sickness and to get rid of it is the cure. We’re so riddled with fear, but God did not create us to be like that. Anxiety is not of God! It’s something that we created and are self destructing. Through God we can conquer this!

Thank you so much Sharilyn♥️. I really do appreciate your kind words, more than you know. That’s so awesome that you’ve had so many realizations as well. I learned a lot about relationships and always thought the guy was the root of the problem. But from a distance I came to understand that I caused a lot of problems and didn’t know how to be in a healthy relationship. I made the mistake of not being single for long enough to get to know about myself. I’m focusing on God and myself now and am thankful for this opportunity to learn and grow. I also hope you know that you are so beautiful and even though I can’t see you, I can feel your inner beauty, genuineness, and authenticity. And you’re a true blessing from God and you’re helping me in my journey and life.

You’re so right, I need to trust God and know and be patient that I am healing and growing and I will be able to do the healthy things I did before if God is willing. I’m thankful for what I have. I started writing 3 things I’m grateful for everyday and I really do have a lot. I noticed that we have so much of an abundance nowadays that we miss the little things that we have.

Is there something that you’re working towards overcoming or doing again?

That’s so good, I’m on my phone too much especially before the anxiety and it’s something I want to change. I also heard of this book called DARE that helped many people recover from anxiety. I’ll tell you more about it as I go through it. My theory is that the recovery process is all similar, to change our mindsets and not fear. But we also know that the main thing is so trust and surrender to God.

I’m sorry that you didn’t have insurance for a while and glad that you’re getting it back! I’m scared of medication and I’m more into natural remedies. I did take lorazepam as needed but don’t want to take it. I’m trying these calm tabs by Puritans pride, it can help you sleep as well. I try to take vitamin D, zinc, b complex, and folic acid. And I try my best to eat healthy. I love that you love to talk lol! I’m part Portuguese and in Hawaii we joke around that Portuguese people loveee to talk😆. But I’m actually pretty chill and calm. I can talk if I need to but I guess I like writing lol. May I ask you, what ethnicity are you? In Hawaii most of us are mixed so we ask everyone what they are lol. I’m Japanese, Okinawan, Hawaiian, Portuguese, and Chinese. That’s called “mixed plate” in Hawaii lol which most of us are.

I can relate to that. I’m glad you’re able to stop it now! Good job! I was having a hard time with recognizing negative thoughts and replacing it with a positive one. Session 3 really helped me. One night I was having so many negative thoughts and had to combat them the whole night and I started talking to myself like I would to a friend and it was the first time I talked to myself with compassion and patience! It was a crazy realization and discovery for me. I learned how to talk to myself positively! And I started to calm down and feel good♥️. The key for me was to talk to myself as I was talking to a friend. You’ll get it! It takes time and practice even thought it seems so simple. It’s something I’m still working on.

Hawaii is so beautiful, I love it here. You have to come and visit when you can. We don’t have the best government so we’re restricted with Covid and the vaccine. Can eat in restaurants unless you’re vaccinated or get tested right before. Anyways, Hawaii has amazing beaches and Mountain Views. Winter time has started and it’s in the 60-70 degree zone which is freezing for us lol. It’s been raining a lot as well. I need to realize that I live in a place that people only dream of coming to. And be thankful and grateful to have lived here my whole life. I pray God heals this world and the people in it and gets a hold of all the leaders. I hope you get to experience Hawaii one day. The other islands are different in their own way but all beautiful. We have so many different cultures and foods. If you come, you should eat authentic Hawaiian food. A lot of people don’t care for poi unless you were brought up on it, try look it up and you’ll understand why lol. But I love it. Hawaii is made up of mostly Asians and mixed people like me. Most people are very nice here unless we’re treated unfairly or people come in entitled thinking they own the place. Overall, there’s a lot to experience here especially if you like the outdoors and island beauty.

I bet we can write a book with all our messages to each other lol! Thank you so much for helping me and for the prayers! I appreciate you so so much. From the bottom of my heart, thank you and I will be praying for you and your family as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you🙏🏼♥️🙌🏼 God is so good!

Much love and take care,
Char

sbmiller

Post by sbmiller » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:45 pm

Good evening Char!
Yes, that is exactly what I had to do, copy and paste; the hard part is remembering to do so lol

The feeling is mutual, I am so grateful to have you in my life even if it's only thru these messages. AMEN! YES, our Savior and Creator is our common ground, so kind and forgiving! And the reason we are here; everything God does in our lives has a purpose. You are so so right, anxiety is not God, he did not create us to live in fear! Thank you for that reminder.

Same here Char, I have trouble accepting the wonderful statements my family, especially my husband tell me. He tells me almost everyday that I am doing great and sees a big difference in me. Like you, I am starting to accept them which is helping in this journey of healing and overcoming. Today, I laid in bed a bit longer than normal and I started to feel a mini attack coming on, then I told myself NO! I am not going to take your crap today anxiety! lol I got myself out of bed, started praying and sat in silence, trying to listen to the Lord. Then I went about my day; however I wasn't saying that 2 weeks ago; the support of family, friends far and near is the reason I am believing more each day - I am loved!🤗 And you are loved Char; our pain has not fallen deaf to God. He hears.

Thank you I could use the prayers for sleep. When I first started this program, it was bad! Sleeping was all I wanted, and I just couldn't fall asleep. It was terrible, I wouldn't wish on anyone. Now, as the days progress and I get stronger each day, I am looking at bedtime as an opportunity to practice positive self talk. Honestly, it works, I am getting better at it and I fall asleep much faster than when I first started! Thank God! I love that you say that to yourself when anxiety tries to sneak in! I will have to use your self talk to address anxiety, that is powerful! Tips are always appreciated, I can't thank you enough, I am trying to find positive statements to say to myself and your tips are perfect! I am going to use them tonight, super excited! Thank you for the advice on exercising and eating before bed; I did realize I maybe exercising too long before bed because I would take longer to calm my whole body down before I actually laid down.

My husband's extended leave is something I am actually looking forward to because I have considered him my safe person since my major attack and I am trying to break that thought process; Trust in God and believe he placed this program in my path for a reason. So, as the days get closer the anxiety is becoming less and less, thank the Lord! High alert is a great way to describe how I felt all those times my husband has left for overnight jobs; I never realize it was anxiety prior to the program. Those times he would leave I was always checking our security cameras, made sure our doors were locked constantly and windows locked. I drove myself crazy pulling an all-night security guard on duty lol YES! fear is a sickness, and it can keep us from doing the greatest things in life. FAITH OVER fear!

Don't all us women think the guy is the problem? lol🤣 I have a few wounded men under my belt; I have asked God for forgiveness and thanked Him for the lessons learned. I am happy to hear you are putting God and yourself first, I am doing that same thing. Even though I love my family so so very much, I know when I put God first I am happier, more understanding, compassionate and loving then I can give it to others not just my family. Thank you my friend for your kind words, like you I want to help others and I also have to take care of myself first. Our friendship is unique because we met each other through our darkest moments and we are both helping one another to get to the light! Char, you have been the most loving, giving, kindest and beautiful soul I have been blessed to meet. I am so grateful God has placed you in my life.

You are the second person I heard this from, writing 3 things to be grateful for, I am going to have begin this. I am going to include it in my journal writing.

Yes, I am working towards getting my small business up and running. I have had my business license for 4 months now, and I had been putting off because of my fear/anxiety. I have a perfectionist trait and I want everything to go right and not have any hiccups; unrealistic expectations. It's funny you asked this question because session 2 talks about facing your limitations and do it. So this week, I have completed 3 of 6 steps for my business to become operative. I feel great about it! I have been letting fear and anxiety control when my business should start for way too long.
How about you, any achievements you are working towards?

I will have to look up this DARE book, I think that'll be a great substitute instead of watching TV for now. Tonight, I watched TV for the first in awhile and I felt a bit too anxious, it was what were watching. My husband likes watching gruesome movies and I couldn't watch it; so came upstairs to lightly exercise and I saw you had replied and jumped on the computer lol I watched Trey Jones on YouTube I like how is mentions there is suffering in growth, stand up to your fears, so true!

Yea, me too I love natural remedies; I have been drinking a lot of herbal teas to help with stress and sleep. That is so AWESOME! You are a mixture of different cultures! That is beautiful! Like you I am a mixture, I am Native American; tribes of Pima, Navajo, Yavapai Apache and Hopi or simply put I am a mut lol, what my reservation refers to my kind of breed.

Thank you that is a great reminder to talk to myself as a friend, which is part of loving myself. I will need to keep that in mind when I self talk.

Hawaii is beautiful! I only see pictures but I am sure it's nothing like seeing Hawaii in person! I told my husband you are from Hawaii and he was like "let's make plans to visit next year and you can meet your new friend" lol hold on sir! let me overcome some fears/anxiety first lol New Mexico is also restricted but not as bad. Wow! your whole life! that is amazing! Hawaii is truly a place of wonders, many dream to visit there, myself included.
One day I will be there and hopefully we will meet and rejoice in our victories the good Lord has given us. I looked up Poi food and it looks like yogurt but does it taste like yogurt? lol How does it taste? What do you normally eat with it?

😂 We sure can write a book with these messages! lol I have so much fun writing you and reading what you have to say, it helps in so many ways. Thank you for being a blessing! And thank you for sharing your inner most sensitive thoughts, it's nice to know we are not alone.
God Bless and Peace Be With You
Sharilyn

Char808

Post by Char808 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:30 pm

Good afternoon Friend!

I notice as I read what you write, it brings a smile to my face and happy tears to my eyes because of your kind words. I cannot thank you enough.

I'm so proud of you for not taking anything from anxiety! we rebuke you anxiety! And for relying on God to help you through. I need to remember to seek God in everything that I do, not just with anxiety. Thank you for reminding me how powerful God is and how much he cares about us. We are super loved and fortunate.

How has your sleep been?
I totally understand about the sleep thing. I never knew how important sleep is and how much it can affect us and how much the anxiety can affect sleep! And yes! I love your positive attitude and seeing it as an opportunity to practice! I went to the OB the other day by myself which would be no big deal before, but now the anxiety makes it a whole adventure. I was excited and nervous because I wanted to practice my skills as well and when I got there I had to wait longer than normal, I thought they forgot about me. Usually I'm a super patient person, but I guess anxiety can make me impatient. But I waited and could feel the anxiety rise and fall and I focused on my breathing and positive thoughts. I felt better when the Dr. came in and I drove and did other things after because I was feeling so good! I was super proud of myself but also noticed that putting in the practice would be harder than I thought. But I'm up for the challenge.
What kind of exercise do you do?
I've heard that it's good to do aerobic exercises or something that is going to have you breathing hard at the end. Lately I've been running, which is odd because I hate running but I seem to love it now. Then I do some type of HIIT or AB/LEG workout and then I do yoga or stretching.

I understand that high alert feeling, I only noticed recently that I've felt like that my whole life. When I was in Texas with the guy I was dating and he would have training for a week, I would be the exact same as you. I couldn't even sleep until the sun came up, it was horrible. I love that, FAITH OVER FEAR! I'm understanding that fear is the cause of all this and that's where I need to work on my trust in God. I pray that when your husband goes on leave that you will not only be free of fear, but that you will actually have fun and enjoy the time alone! In Jesus name! You got this Sharilyn! I believe in YOU!

It's crazy how distracted we can get by putting other things or people before God and not even notice we're doing it?! We think that the two commandments of Loving God and Loving other's is so simple, which it is, but we get so caught up in this world that we lose sight. I do my best to not punish myself for not being perfect, and tell myself that God is a loving God, not a God that want's us to suffer. You are so kind! It's amazing how God works and how He puts people into our lives when we need them. He definitely knew I needed you and His timing is so perfect. I think another way to get positive affirmations is to think about how God views us. I never tried doing that but I'm going to try and think about that. Thank you so much for being a super positive light in my life. The world definitely needs more people like you.

Since I didn't write what I was grateful for in my journal today, I will do it here and now.
1) I am so thankful and grateful for you, Shari. I'm thankful for you because you encourage me to not give up and to be strong. Especially because of your faith in Christ and you help strengthen that in me as well, for all of that and more, I am so so very thankful for you.
2) I am thankful and grateful for the opportunities to challenge anxiety and that God is blessing me to learn and grow in my life. I'm realizing that the anxiety is here for a reason, a reason to benefit my future and to strengthen my mind, body, and soul.
3) I am thankful and grateful for this program and many other's like this. I've gone to the ER multiple times and my Dr. and it baffled me as to why they don't help us more with anxiety? is it because they don't know how? Or because it's too complex? Or because they really believe medicine is the best option? I'm thankful that I am able to work through it in a healthy way and will be able to help others when I am fully recovered!
THANK YOU JESUS!!!

That's so awesome! May I ask, what kind of business do you have? This is crazy because I have my own business as well. I've been on my own for 6 years now and I love it. It comes with a lot of work and stress but it is definitely worth it. Because of anxiety, I haven't been working for more than half the year but I plan to go back soon if God is willing. I'm so happy that you're gradually getting things done for your business! It is definitely a fun adventure! The beginning part can be challenging because of all the paperwork and setting everything up, but once you're up and running, it will be a lot smoother! I have faith in YOU!
Achievements for me would be to go back to work, be in any situation where I don't feel the anxiety, be able to drive comfortably again.

I love that you totally changed your situation from an uncomfortable one to a positive one that would benefit you and help you grow. I noticed that I had a hard time watching certain movies as well. I want to share with you what I got from the DARE book so far. There's four steps to overcome anxiety:
1) DIFUSE: Instead of saying "what if", say "So what" or "whatever" The point is to not be scared of what you're thinking and give it some attitude.
for example: "what if I faint" you replace it with "So what! Fainting isn't the end of the world"
By defusing and confronting your worst-case scenarios with a "so what?," you're emphasizing your control and safety, allowing your fear to begign dissipating.
2) ALLOW: Then you allow the anxiety to be there.
say something like, "I accept and allow this anxious feeling"
Trying to squash or bottle up or fight the negative feelings may only act to amplify them. If, however, you allow yourself to feel the anxiety, you're letting the feeling run its course.
3) RUN TOWARDS: Run towards the anxiety
By saying and repeating something like "I'm excited by this feeling!" Our body has the exact same response to feeling anxious and feeling excited. It's easy to trick our mind by our thoughts and imagination. So Instead our telling our mind, "oh no, I'm having anxiety" Tell it that you're excited about something and your mind will adjust to thinking that you're excited to get your out of this fear trap. You can also be more specific in how you reframe your anxiety. Focus on something, big or small, that you're looking forward to. Whatever it is, tell yourself that you're not anxious--just excited for that specific thing you've been looking forward to.
4) ENGAGE: Engage into something that will stimulate and fully occupies your mind like reading something, getting started on a work task, or having a chat with someone. The point is to stay busy. You may not feel calm right away, but in keeping yourself occupied you're giving your body a chance to settle while you focus your attention on something engaging.

If you're starting to go into a panic attack there's a step to mix in:
1) Demand more from the anxiety. Demand a more intense anxiety attack! Challenge it without fear and ask for more!
Why demanding more works is because it quickly short circuits this false fear by proving once and for all that there really is no threat. Demanding more sends a strong signal from the rational part of your brain, the prefrontal cortex, to the anxious part of your mind, the limbic system, the emotional brain, that there really is no danger or attack. It's like a kill switch to your fear. Your emotional brain gets the message, and click! Panic alarm switches off and your nervous energy starts to discharge and unwind. Your brain is learning that if there really was a threat, you would be too busy focused on the threat, not demanding more of it. So by demanding more, your brain now knows, there is no real threat.

Demand more of the thing that scares you and the illusion of threat will quickly shutter.

SUMMARY FOR DARE RESPONSE:
so what, whatever
accept and allow
excited by this feeling and demand more! The only way out is through, hunt down and chase the anxiety! You can even invite the anxiety back!
shake it out physically-shake your body out, shake your arms and legs, bounce on your toes like a sprinter before a race
Engage fully with an activity

To help remember these steps, remember this statement:
whatever, I'm excited by this feeling and I demand more of it!

That's so amazing! One of my sisters is part Native American as well, I believe she's blackfoot Indian. I don't like that word mutt lol. One time, when I was younger My gf's and I were walking in the parking lot from the club late at night and this black dude stopped us and asked what I was, so I told him, and he called me a mutt and I gave him "stink eye"(I think the equivalent to this is scowling at someone lol) and walked away lol. But before that I told him don't call people mutts here, people will get offended. But in Hawaii we're super cultural and have so many different cultures here, it's beautiful.

That would be amazing if we did meet when you guys come here! I would probably instantly cry when I see you lol.
I would describe poi as a starch that is sour with not a lot of taste. It's supposed to be healthy for you in many different ways. It's very sticky. Some people put sugar in it to make it sweet, I don't prefer it like that. Or you can even make desserts out of it, we even eat it with acai and it's so good! We normally eat it with other traditional Hawaiian foods like Kalua Pig, Laulau, Lomi salmon, Chicken long rice, pipikaula, etc. Making me hungry lol.

So sorry it took me a while to write back. I love reading what you have to say as well, thank you so much for being there for me and encouraging me. We are definitely not alone and I'll be here for you and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Much Love and God Bless,
Char

sbmiller

Post by sbmiller » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi Char!!!
No need to apologize for taking your time in writing back, I completely understand, I am just happy you did lol. I actually started reading the book DARE you had mention in a previous message, and I am loving how it intertwines with Lucinda’s program. Both have really help me out a lot, I am still in session 3 of the program and I had a hard time with positive self talk and the DARE book help boost that for me. I created this character for my anxiety and it has made a world of difference and I can be more gentle with myself. Thank you for mentioning this book, I also joined the DARE app plus their Facebook account, which is are extremely helpful tools. It’s such a blessing, one day I prayed to Jesus to give me the tools I need to overcome this condition and he delivered.
My sleep has been better, tons better. However, on Saturday I had a setback, anxiety all day, still I participated in my day; went shopping, out to eat and spent the whole day with my husband. I was very uncomfortable and the thoughts were just racing thru my head all day. When we got home, I was still very anxious, and tried everything in the program which just wasn’t helping. I read and listened to the program, wrote in my journal and even talked with my brother. Nothing was helping. I let the anxiety be all day until bedtime came and that night I decided to purchase the book DARE and I started reading however, this wasn’t until 1am lol. I ended my night at 3am where I was finally able to give myself some comfort after reading a few chapters of the book. Sunday night, I was able to fall asleep quiet easily, thank you Lord! I know this sounds weird but after all the anxiousness Saturday, I was actually happy it happened.

YAY!! Let’s celebrate the WINS in this journey!!! I am so happy you drove! You should be proud of yourself, that is a HUGE WIN! Everything is going according to God’s plan. Which I have be thinking about lately, Sunday’s sermon was about Rest again however, it was more in teaching of how God gave us the sabbath, and why. What was so interesting about how my paster explained, he applied real life examples that we all fall under. We get busy with life and life gets busy with us from stress, sadness, deadlines, worries, work, schedules, meetings, presentations, etc. We lose our focus on God, I am guilty of this too! God did not create us to be worn down and broken but quite the opposite. We love the people and things we have in our lives and the pressure of being this perfect imagine to everyone around us has been our downfall. It reminded of the Cherokee tale of the two wolves and it goes:
An old Cherokee elder told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said
“My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all, one is evil. It is anger, envy,
jealousy, doubt, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, false pride
and ego. The other wolf is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness,
benevolence, empathy, generosity, forgiveness, truth, compassion and faith”
To which the grandson asked “but grandfather, which wolf wins”
The grandfather replied “the one you feed”
The sermon was a great reminder of how much I need Him in my life, in everything I do. Also, I am ready to start feeding the good wolf in me, she looking very thin! Lol Tell me, do you have any sayings in your culture? Or any Hawaiian sayings? I would love to hear them.

My husband and I just purchased an elliptical so I have been doing that, also walking a lot. I would love to start running, it has been a goal for me. I am on the bigger side with regard to weight but I have lost some pounds which I am so happy about. I heard yoga is a great way to release stress and get some clarity. I am going to have to try that, I should try to add that with my mediation.
Thank you Char! I am very hopeful everything will be just fine when my husband leaves and if not, not a big deal I will simply allow the anxiety to be and call truce lol. Thank you for being in my life, YES God definitely knew we needed each other, and I am so grateful! He is truly an amazing God and Jesus is our merciful Savior! Amen! I am taken back by your gratefulness you have written, because on the days I receive a message from you I always write you down in my journal and I pray routinely for you before bed. My prayers are rather long before bed lol
Thank you, of course you may ask, I am a broker for medical waste. And actually today, I have begun the next steps of pricing for a potential first client. YAY! I was so nervous BUT overly EXCITED!!! Well, isn’t that funny, two entrepreneurs coming together to overcome anxiety?! It makes me happy to know that I am not alone especially when starting my business. How about you, what type of business do you provide?
YES! The DARE book has truly been an amazing find, thank you for finding and sharing it with me. It has helped with my positive self-talk. I have made a little carry-along card to help me remember these steps while I was reading the book. Curious, are you doing the workbook also? If so, how do you feel about it? Would you recommend that I buy it?
Oh wow, Blackfeet Nation! Montana that is a cold region lol that is awesome about your sister! I am sorry about the experience you had with that guy, and I am sorry I resurfaced an incident you are not comfortable with. It is a reservation thing, kinda of a inside joke we use among ourselves and I would never call someone outside a mut.
Yes, the feeling is mutual, I would definitely cry, without a doubt lol My husband is serious about talking about going next year and he is a person once he has made up his mind about something, he will do it. So, when we decided when to be out there I will let you know.
Yum, I going to have to try all the different options to eat poi with, I found since starting the program I have been more willing to try new things. For example, my husband offered me to try mussels and at first I was like NOPE! But then I quickly stop myself and tried it, I really loved it. It tasted so delish!

sbmiller

Hi Char!!!
No need to apologize for taking your time in writing back, I completely understand, I am just happy you did lol. I actually started reading the book DARE you had mention in a previous message, and I am loving how it intertwines with Lucinda’s program. Both have really help me out a lot, I am still in session 3 of the program and I had a hard time with positive self talk and the DARE book help boost that for me. I created this character for my anxiety and it has made a world of difference and I can be more gentle with myself. Thank you for mentioning this book, I also joined the DARE app plus their Facebook account, which is are extremely helpful tools. It’s such a blessing, one day I prayed to Jesus to give me the tools I need to overcome this condition and he delivered.
My sleep has been better, tons better. However, on Saturday I had a setback, anxiety all day, still I participated in my day; went shopping, out to eat and spent the whole day with my husband. I was very uncomfortable and the thoughts were just racing thru my head all day. When we got home, I was still very anxious, and tried everything in the program which just wasn’t helping. I read and listened to the program, wrote in my journal and even talked with my brother. Nothing was helping. I let the anxiety be all day until bedtime came and that night I decided to purchase the book DARE and I started reading however, this wasn’t until 1am lol. I ended my night at 3am where I was finally able to give myself some comfort after reading a few chapters of the book. Sunday night, I was able to fall asleep quiet easily, thank you Lord! I know this sounds weird but after all the anxiousness Saturday, I was actually happy it happened.

YAY!! Let’s celebrate the WINS in this journey!!! I am so happy you drove! You should be proud of yourself, that is a HUGE WIN! Everything is going according to God’s plan. Which I have be thinking about lately, Sunday’s sermon was about Rest again however, it was more in teaching of how God gave us the sabbath, and why. What was so interesting about how my paster explained, he applied real life examples that we all fall under. We get busy with life and life gets busy with us from stress, sadness, deadlines, worries, work, schedules, meetings, presentations, etc. We lose our focus on God, I am guilty of this too! God did not create us to be worn down and broken but quite the opposite. We love the people and things we have in our lives and the pressure of being this perfect imagine to everyone around us has been our downfall. It reminded of the Cherokee tale of the two wolves and it goes:
An old Cherokee elder told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said
“My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all, one is evil. It is anger, envy,
jealousy, doubt, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, false pride
and ego. The other wolf is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness,
The sermon was a great reminder of how much I need Him in my life, in everything I do. Also, I am ready to start feeding the good wolf in me, she looking very thin! Lol Tell me, do you have any sayings in your culture? Or any Hawaiian sayings? I would love to hear them.

My husband and I just purchased an elliptical so I have been doing that, also walking a lot. I would love to start running, it has been a goal for me. I am on the bigger side with regard to weight but I have lost some pounds which I am so happy about. I heard yoga is a great way to release stress and get some clarity. I am going to have to try that, I should try to add that with my mediation.
Thank you Char! I am very hopeful everything will be just fine when my husband leaves and if not, not a big deal I will simply allow the anxiety to be and call truce lol. Thank you for being in my life, YES God definitely knew we needed each other, and I am so grateful! He is truly an amazing God and Jesus is our merciful Savior! Amen! I am taken back by your gratefulness you have written, because on the days I receive a message from you I always write you down in my journal and I pray routinely for you before bed. My prayers are rather long before bed lol
Thank you, of course you may ask, I am a broker for medical waste. And actually today, I have begun the next steps of pricing for a potential first client. YAY! I was so nervous BUT overly EXCITED!!! Well, isn’t that funny, two entrepreneurs coming together to overcome anxiety?! It makes me happy to know that I am not alone especially when starting my business. How about you, what type of business do you provide?
YES! The DARE book has truly been an amazing find, thank you for finding and sharing it with me. It has helped with my positive self-talk. I have made a little carry-along card to help me remember these steps while I was reading the book. Curious, are you doing the workbook also? If so, how do you feel about it? Would you recommend that I buy it?
Oh wow, Blackfeet Nation! Montana that is a cold region lol that is awesome about your sister! I am sorry about the experience you had with that guy, and I am sorry I resurfaced an incident you are not comfortable with. It is a reservation thing, kinda of a inside joke we use among ourselves and I would never call someone outside a mut.
Yes, the feeling is mutual, I would definitely cry, without a doubt lol My husband is serious about talking about going next year and he is a person once he has made up his mind about something, he will do it. So, when we decided when to be out there I will let you know.
Yum, I going to have to try all the different options to eat poi with, I found since starting the program I have been more willing to try new things. For example, my husband offered me to try mussels and at first I was like NOPE! But then I quickly stop myself and tried it, I really loved it. It tasted so delish!

sbmiller

Hi Char!!!
No need to apologize for taking your time in writing back, I completely understand, I am just happy you did lol. I actually started reading the book DARE you had mention in a previous message, and I am loving how it intertwines with Lucinda’s program. Both have really help me out a lot, I am still in session 3 of the program and I had a hard time with positive self talk and the DARE book help boost that for me. I created this character for my anxiety and it has made a world of difference and I can be more gentle with myself. Thank you for mentioning this book, I also joined the DARE app plus their Facebook account, which is are extremely helpful tools. It’s such a blessing, one day I prayed to Jesus to give me the tools I need to overcome this condition and he delivered. Have you joined the DARE app or their Facebook?

Yum, I will have to try all the different options to eat poi with, I found since starting the program I have been more willing to try new things. For example, my husband offered me to try mussels and at first, I was like NOPE! But then I quickly stop myself and tried it, I really loved it. It tasted so delish! I would have never tried it before my anxiety program. It just shows what I would have missed on all my life if I never even tried.

Thank you for responding to my messages, I truly appreciate you! And thank you for mentioning the book DARE! Thank you for being you, I really can't thank you enough. I will continue to pray for you! I look forward to your next message, until then my friend, God be with you.

Love and Peace,
Sharilyn

Char808

Post by Char808 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:55 am

Hello Sharilyn!!

I'm so happy that you got the DARE book! And that it's helping you! I'm still on session 4 of the program but I'm still determined to finish it even if I'm feeling better. I got the app too but I haven't really been using it but I think it's a useful tool. I didn't purchase the membership for the app, I'm doing my best to apply what I learn in the book. And I didn't even know about the FB group, I'll check it out, thank you! Self Talk is something I think we need to practice, the more I did it, the better I got at it. Even recognizing negative thoughts, I got better at recognizing it and shutting it down faster. You'll get it! Maybe just write down what you would say to a friend that was going through the same thing, you may notice that those same things you say can be applied to yourself, we just don't think about saying those nice things to ourselves.

I'm glad that your sleep is a lot better! And I'm so proud of you for not letting anxiety stop you! I also love that you're changing your perspective and making changes if things are not working, that's so awesome! This story helped me to shift my perspective, because sometimes I get stuck in something being done only one way.

A TRUE STORY:
I'm sitting in a quiet room at the Milcroft Inn, a peaceful little place hidden back among the pine trees about an hour out of Toronto. It's just past noon, late July, and I'm listening to the desperate sounds of a life-or-death struggle going on a few feet away. There's a small fly burning out the last of its short life's energies in a futile attempt to fly through the glass of the windowpane. The whining wings tell the poignant story of the fly's strategy---try harder.

But it's not working.

The frenzied effort offers no hope for survival. Ironically, the struggle is part of the trap. It is impossible for the fly to try hard enough to succeed at breaking through the glass. Nevertheless, this little insect has staked its life on reaching its goal through raw effort and determination.

This fly is doomed. It will die there on the windowsill.

Across the room, ten steps away, the door is open. Ten seconds of flying time and this small creature could reach the outside world it seeks. With only a fraction of the effort now being wasted, it could be free of this self imposed trap. The breakthrough possibility is there. It would be so easy.

Why doesn't the fly try another approach, something dramatically different? How did it get so locked in on the idea that this particular route, and determined effort, offer the most promise for success? What logic is there in continuing, until death, to seek a breakthrough with "more of the same"?

No doubt this approach makes sense to the fly. Regrettably, it's an idea that will kill.

"Trying harder" isn't necessarily the solution to achieving more. It may not offer any real promise for getting what you want out of life. Sometimes, in fact, it's a big part of the problem.

If you stake your hopes for a breakthrough on trying harder than ever, you may kill your chances for success. ----Price Pritchett

The DARE book helps me a lot. I've been doing Christmas shopping at the mall and feeling really good. If I feel any hint of anxiety or symptoms I say something humorous about it or tell it to give me all its got!!! Challenging the anxiety has really helped me a lot. What does the anxiety feel like for you? What kind of symptoms are you getting? I noticed I was still getting heat at night and weird head pains and I got to this chiropractor that does natural work on me and reads my subconscious or unconscious and he said I need to let out certain emotions that I don't want to think about and when I drove home I started listening to sad music so I could cry and get out things that need to come out and the heat was gone at night! I need to realize and remember to always care for myself and it's ok to cry and to recognize when I need to take time for myself and take time to process and heal. So amazing that you're happy that it happened, I know what you mean! We can do this! We can apply these tools to get through this! You're so resilient! You're determined and strong willed!

yes! God wants us to live in His Love, Joy, and Peace! We get lost in what we think life should be when God has it all written out and easy for us to follow! I'm understanding so much about God and life as well. Yes, all these tools are helping me overcome anxiety, panic, and depression, but God is the KEY! Without God, I would not be able to overcome this.
I love that story, thank you so much for sharing that with me! I've heard a story like that before I think. It's so true though, I'm realizing that it's all fear and usually anxiety and panic disorders are fueled by fear and we have complete control over it! Feed that good wolf girl! She's hungrrryyyy!!! Lol. I'm sure we have a lot of sayings and proverbs but I can't think of any right now lol. But I'll definitely tell you when I think of some. I can only think about the stories about Hawaiian God's and scary stories lol.

So awesome Shari! You go girl! exercise does so much for us in so many different ways and eating healthy! I lost about 10 pounds so far, thank you Jesus! I do a lot of videos on youtube as well but exercising in nature is so awesome for our soul too. You got this!

When your husband leaves, I think the tools from the DARE book will help you a lot. You're bringing tears to my eyes, thank you so much for your prayers, I really really appreciate you so much, you have no idea. I pray for you as well and for your full recovery, I know for a fact that you can overcome this.

YAAY!! So happy for you to have more progress with your business! slowly but surely. It is crazy how similar people are that have anxiety lol. I do permanent makeup and I have a little shop and rent out the rooms to other women that do other beauty services, which I'm super thankful because without those other women in the rooms, I would be struggling to pay for the rent while I'm not working. I thank God for allowing me to take so much time off to heal and build my relationship with Him. I need to get back to work soon, I miss interacting with all the clients and now I can talk to them about more important topics like God and life.

I'm not doing the workbook, I was thinking about getting it but I'm trying so many different things that I didn't want to overwhelm myself. I just write things in my journal. Another book that I'm reading slowly is "The Happiness Trap" it's really good so far.

Don't worry about it at all! Different cultures have different sayings and triggers lol. It wasn't a big deal, I was just taken aback when he called me that lol.

yes, you have to let me know! Look up some things that you guys want to do. Of course we have a lot of out door activities and sightseeing. Oahu is one of the islands that's more city like so we have a lot of other things to do as well.

That's cool! I don't like mussels lol. I want to like mussels and oysters but I just can't lol. I've tried it multiple times, but I notice that my taste buds change over time. We have a lot of seafood here. That's awesome that you're trying new things in all aspects, and it's opening your mind to so many new and wonderful things! I love it, this whole struggle is forcing us to grow in so many different ways in life.

Awww thank you so much for being you as well! You are so amazing and thank you so so much for the prayers, you will be in mines as well. Can't wait to hear back from you! Have fun challenging the anxiety and I'm so looking forward to all the growth we make through all of this!

Much love and God bless!
Char

sbmiller

Post by sbmiller » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Merry Christmas Char!!!
I am super exited you are pushing yourself to finish the session of the program. I am starting session 4 today AGAIN!!! lol I started it last week, but I had such a hard time with session 3 – positive self-talk portion and I felt like I needed a few more days; thankfully that DARE book really helped with this. Yea, the FB group has more activity, if I remember correctly you have to be a premium member to gain access to the FB group; not too sure. I know premium members can gain access to the buddy groups. You are not missing much however, not many people interact on there mostly on FB. I don’t think I will get the workbook just yet; I am like you and don’t want to overwhelm myself either.

Thank you for the story! I love it! WE have been that fly for far too long, time to try another approach!
AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you and glad you are getting out there!!!! I AGREE! Challenging anxiety has also helped me so much! Anxiety lately has been feeling good; a few days I found myself just in a daze but I keep going along with my day. Each day is getting better and when I have setbacks I don’t dwell on it like I would have done. I give myself the permission to have an off day and let anxiety or the sensations/headache stay. Now, I am experiencing after the fact anxiety; example today I went to an interview then met my husband & daughter for lunch during lunch I started to have an attack. Thoughts of the glorious “what ifs” what if you would have crashed? What if you would have fallen? What if you don’t like the job? ETC!!! Which caught me off guard, like WOAH!!! Where did you come from? Lol then very quickly, I felt like I need to use the restroom (#1), cold sensations all over and felt my heart pounding like crazy. Not realizing I was having an attack, I stopped myself and asked Jesus, what is going on? ATTACK is what I heard, so I began my steps to challenge anxiety! And she went away, the sensations stayed for about 30-45 minutes then they dissipated.
Lately, I have been asking Jesus a lot of questions, also I have been telling anxiety or my intrusive thoughts “well take it up with the Lord” lol it’s gratifying to know we are never alone, Jesus always walks with us. I have been giving my battles to Him, lay them before His feet, just giving Him complete control over my life. I can’t explain it and this may sounds silly but I have visited Heaven; I try to go every day thru meditation. It has brought so much peace into my life even while conquering anxiety.

Its crazy you mention your chiropractor said you needed cry; I was the kind of person that would let things/emotions build up, never let anyone in, let alone see me in need. I was a proud person…I had ego issues lol. Now, I cry like I’ve NEVER cried before and there is so much relief in it. When Jesus answers my questions or prayers, I cry a little each, and every time. And when things don’t go according to “my” expectations I don’t worry like I use to, now I say it’s not God’s will, He has something better in mind. That brings peace to my spirit and soul. I am beyond happy for you, doing what ever it takes to become not just the person you were but BETTER than the person you were. You are also resilient, determined, strong willed and wonderfully made! NEVER FORGET THAT!!!

lol I am doing my best to feed my good wolf!

My husband went on his trip and back; I SURVIVED! LOL I did very good, a few mini intrusive thoughts but was able to defuse very easily! I even drove to the Airport and on the freeway! I’ve been driving but not the freeway and I went during the busy time. I had the beginnings of an attack but challenge anxiety to 21 seconds to make everything she was screaming about happen, of course she was all talk lol.

That is such a blessing to have your own shop and the financial support to take time off and heal. Plus, the other woman there able to provide their services even while you are out, I am sure those woman are so grateful as well. Amen! You spread the Word of God! I agree, I miss working and interacting with others. I applied for a few part time jobs to get me out of the house for awhile and still be able to work on my business. Speaking of, I started reaching out to potential customers last week! YAY!!! I was so excited! This week not so much because of Christmas but I will resume next week.

What are your plans for Christmas? Do you have any traditions for Christmas? How do you celebrate?
We are all heading back to Arizona to be with the rest of the family, I am excited to see my dad, brother and all my nieces and nephew. We usually play family games, that can last all day and of course we prepare and eat food all day too lol just be with family. I was thinking my husband and I could find a church to attend on Christmas eve; we will see.

Any plans for the New Year?
Us, not really, we usually just sleep thru it lol; I can’t stay up late on purpose ha-ha! I want to celebrate the New Year in more of spiritual way rather than the traditional drunk fest. We will see what we can come up with, hopefully church will have some type of sermon on that day.
I always happy to see your messages and thank you for sharing your life with me. Especially regarding anxiety, it truly helps. As always, you will remain in my prayers! Until next read, have yourself a wonderful Christmas! Look forward to hearing back from you.

Peace and Love,
Sharilyn

Char808

Post by Char808 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:20 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sharilyn!!!

That's ok that you're taking the program at your pace, I think that's how it's meant to be done. I'm still on session 4, slowly going through it. I notice that as I feel better, I'm doing other things and don't make time for the program but I'm still going to finish it. I just finished the DARE audiobook last night and feel like I'll be using it when I need it.

That's awesome that you can push through the symptoms of anxiety! And so great that you don't dwell on the setbacks, that's what keeps us in the "anxiety loop". That's ok if you have anxiety or panic attacks, our mind and body needs to get used to the fact that we are safe so there may be random attacks here and there but I've learned that if you keep up with the tools it should eventually go away! I loved that you asked Jesus what you needed to do, that's something I need to work on. I need to fully trust and surrender to the Lord. I still notice that as the anxiety and panic gets better, I still have negative thoughts that I didn't have before. Thoughts of death and loved ones dying and it makes me miserable. It's like everyone is seeing me get better but I'm still stuck in my head at times. But I need to keep realizing that this is a process and I need to be patient with myself. I'm so happy that you got through that panic attack in a way that works! That's a huge accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself!

wow, I've discovered the same thing too. I didn't know how much pride I had before and how stubborn I am and how negative I can be. I wouldn't even cry in the movies before but same like you, I can't stop it. I have to cry and I have no shame in it. And I feel you when you cry when God answers prayers, I do as well and I'm in awe of everything that He does. I was living too much for my own dreams and not letting God take control and lead my life. I'm learning so much still and it's a difficult and amazing journey. Thank you for so many reminders and for always touching my heart and soul. You are so blessed.

I'm so happy for you that you made it through while your husband was gone! Thank you Jesus!!! And so proud of you for driving on the freeway and to the airport! Good Job! Lol that's funny that you say anxiety is all talk because it's so true! We are so consumed about something that is so harmless!

Yay to progress! How is the job hunting going and did you get customers for your business? I took one client a couple days ago. I was anxious the night before but someone reminded me not to worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has it's own worries. I was feeling very anxious during the appointment and thought I might have a panic attack but I stepped out for a couple minutes and felt better. So many of my clients are awesome and a blessing. We talked about God the whole time! Thank you Jesus! The appointment went longer than usual but I got through it! I went home and took a nap for the first time in a while. Seems like my body and mind have a hard time resting so I was happy that I was able to rest in the middle of the day. God is so good!!!

For Christmas I had a few family parties, it was filled with a lot of love and laughter. Usually I'll make Portuguese sweet bread with my grandma but I didn't the past few years. I notice my family is more cautious with trying not to stress me out. I actually went out and bought some presents this year which I thought I wasn't going to but I'm glad I did. How did your Christmas go?

For New Years I spend time with family as well and we pop fireworks. This year my step brother got crazy big fireworks and he's been popping some already and making the neighbors mad lol, it's so loud. I usually will make new years resolutions. Haven't thought about what my resolutions will be this year but I'm sure they'll have more meaning and I'll be more disciplined to keep them. I pray your new year goes well and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

Thank you too for sharing your life and experiences, I love to hear your improvements and changes! Thank you for the prayers and I'll pray for you as well! Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to hearing from you as well!

Much Love and God Bless!
Char

sbmiller

Post by sbmiller » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Happy New Year Char! I hope your Christmas was wonderful!!!

My Christmas wasn’t too bad, I had a panic attack on Christmas eve, UGH!!! I was a bit frustrated! It started off as a great day! Had a big breakfast, left my brother’s house to visit my stepson, went walking at the local malls, and then on our drive back to my brother’s home….PANIC ATTACK! I am happy I handled it a lot better than I expected, it’s the bodily sensations that stuck around for about 4-5 days, still now as I am writing this I am having dizzy spells but it’s manageable. I am able to still go about my day, definitely a lot better than last time I had these dizzy spells, I just let them be and take my time walking, standing up or exercising. Also, I should mention I got sick on our drive back from Arizona and so I think that is also why I wasn’t able to bounce back as fast as I wanted too from the body sensations lol. I ended up having this stomach virus, I am sure it was from all the good food I ate (lol), and it is still stuck with me, it’s been since Sunday after Christmas. Now, I am about 80% better, which I am still very happy with considering my first major panic attack in November, where I spent almost 3 weeks in bed and not wanting to do anything. So YAY ME!!! Lol

I agree, since last week I haven’t been active with journaling, reading or the program, which is perfectly fine. As long as we finish, that’s all that matters!

You are not alone, about negative thinking! Especially about death, either it be my own, my kids and other family members. I tell myself, God did not create us to live in fear life or I had such a hard time replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, so now have replaced them with “whatever! Jesus loves me” or “oookkaay, but Jesus says He is always with me, so I am fine” or if the thoughts are really bad then I pray to Jesus and ask that He comes to front of my mind, I will pray, worship and thank Him for this life. I do not ask that He make the anxiety/thoughts/panic go away but I request He give me the strength to deal with it, and it’s usually just Trusting Jesus! Simple.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

YAY CHAR!!! I am so happy for you that you took a client!!! That is AMAZING! God Bless You! You are so brave and I can’t even explain the joy I have for you! Keep doing it Char! You let anxiety know who’s life this belongs to!!! Amen!!! I am overly excited to hear you are spreading His word. I have been doing my best to plant the seed with my children. Amen, God is Good! I am still looking for a part-time job, I hadn’t been feeling well but staying focus on Jesus. Meanwhile I am working on the business with my husband, we are working on some minor details but should be ready come next week; I am planning on doing some site visits.

Well as stated above, my Christmas, health wise was not as I expected BUT, I did get many blessings I am overly grateful for! My son finally got to see his uncle, he hadn’t seen him in like 3 years! My future daughter-in-law moved in with us which I found out she too also suffers from anxiety and depression. One night, I sat with her and gave her some tips to help float with anxiety. She opened up so much to me that night, Thank you God! I planted the seed of His word in her and I pray she finds Him! I pray all my kids find Him! Another blessing, my brother and I both opened up to one another about our past childhood traumas and I felt a huge burden lifted off of me. We both gave our traumas to Jesus, laid them before His feet. Another, I made the drive to and from Arizona without discomfort from my anxiety! Another blessing, were the wonderful personable gifts I received, shirts for my business, Bible cover, tree of life crystal and a daily devotion prayer book. And of course, I got to see my family, even tho I was struggling with body sensations after my panic attack, I enjoyed their laughs, participated in the games and still was able to sleep at night! Thank you God!!!!

Yeah, I am not sure what we are doing for New Years! I haven’t really thought about resolutions either lol I am going to have plan something. Every year we do the same thing which is sleep thru it but I feel since my year started off with mental health issues and is ending with the same. Maybe I will change this up this year. So, I have tonight to decided! no pressure lol I have a great feeling things will turn for the best next year! There is only up from here. And I am taking Jesus with me lol

I am always so grateful for your responses and words of encouragement, my sister in Christ please continue to do what you have been doing! I am so overly happy for you and your accomplishments! Stay in the Faith, as always I will keep you in my prayers! Until next read Char, God Bless you and you have my sisterly love!

Love and Peace,
Sharilyn

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”