New Here! :)

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
PurpleConverse

New Here! :)

Post by PurpleConverse » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Hello everyone. :) I am new to the forum. I am starting lesson 3! The lessons I've been doing have been so great so far. I'm excited to finish this program. A little about me. I have been previously diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have lived about 30 years of my 31 years of life in abusive and toxic households and environments. I finally broke out of that. I literally up and moved to get away from it all and start an actual life for myself and my children. I drove about 23 hours with my kids, my dog, and a small car load of essentials. Born and raised in the state I came from to a new state that has been more of a home to me then anything in my entire life. The second I got to my destination and walked inside the house I felt I could actually breath for the first time in my life. :D My, now husband, is the one who introduced me to this program (actually awhile ago and I had gotten through lesson two and one before). I have been on and off medication since I was about 7 or 8. Started with ADHD meds and went from there. I have been off all medication for over year. So I'm very happy about that because I was always told by my mother I am having anxiety for no reason and that this is just how I am. and I need medication for it etc. I have since learned this is not true for me. Anyway! I'm excited to be on this journey with you all. Glad to have a group to connect with online as well.
✞ Have a blessed day! ✞

coachchris

Re: New Here! :)

Post by coachchris » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Hello Converse!

Welcome to the Forums and the program. Thanks so much for sharing your story. You are one brave and adventurous young woman. We moved in our mid 30"s. It was a time of great stress and great growth. Sound like growth is really happening for you. The program will give you great life tools. Lesson three is one of the best. What have you found helpful so far? I love the 6 steps from lesson two. Especially the breathing and acceptance.

Please share what you're learning and growing through Connection and support are so important. Now more than ever.

Coach Chris

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”