New Here! Finishing Session 2 tomorrow!

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
HopefulH

New Here! Finishing Session 2 tomorrow!

Post by HopefulH » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm

Hey everyone! I’m new to the peer forum. I’m finishing Session 2 tomorrow. I’m excited for Session 3. I’m trying to take everything in and do what I can. I enjoy hearing the testimonies of the people on the session talks. It actually gives me hope!
I’m definitely not new to anxiety or panic. I’ve suffered with it for over 13 years. But, this last year, starting last January, my anxiety has been a beast to deal with. I had a severe panic attack last January 5, 2020 at night, before bed, and I never got back to my “normal” self. I feel like that night I lost my real self. It has been so annoying to say the least. I don’t want to ever be alone, I make arrangements if I know there isn’t anyone who is going to be home with me. I haven’t driven alone in almost 3 years and I’ve even had new fears (example: afraid of even being around any medicine, mine or not) that I didn’t even have before, creep right up on me. It can be debilitating at times. My family has been great, but I can’t imagine what a burden I have been on them. Literally.
I ran into one of my friends and somehow the subject of anxiety came up. I never tell anyone about myself. Only the minimum if I have to. She then told me about her husband, whom I know very well, that’s a preacher. She said he had terrible anxiety and got in an awful shape to put it mildly. She said he found this program and it changed his life! She said I was so jealous! She said he felt so good and didn’t need me anymore! All the anxiety and panic were gone and he felt wonderful! He happened to call while we were talking and he told her to tell me the program was an absolute Godsend! I could’ve cried. I felt like it was going to be an answer to my prayer! My daughter saved the name of the program in her phone. When we left, we were both talking about how I needed it desperately. But because it was so close to the Holidays I didn’t want to spend money on myself, so I made the mistake and waited. So, the other day, I was having a bad day and I was like, it is time! I need this program! She definitely agreed and immediately helped me download it on my phone. I am so very hopeful that I, too, get amazing results! My anxiety and panic are still here, but there is no way I’m giving up!

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”