Starting over

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
lorikay

Starting over

Post by lorikay » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi I’m new to the forum but I’m not new to The Attacking Anxiety program. I first purchased the program years ago and thought I had totally defeated my anxiety and panic attacks only to have it rear it’s ugly head now😞 I feel like I’m starting this journey all over again and to be honest I’m overwhelmed that WHAT IF I can’t beat it again or at least manage it. Anybody else?

Asia1978

Re: Starting over

Post by Asia1978 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:00 pm

Yeah I totally get it what your going through I just got off meds that i was on for anxiety and now I don’t take them anymore so it’s been a struggle for me once again I’m in the worry boat of anxiety and panic attacks and depression sometimes it all crawls up it’s been a while since I have dealt with this it’s been like 15 years since I did the program back in 2001 and now here again 2019 back then I did. It finish it that was my mistake but now I’m determined to finish it skip I can learn how to deal with this on my own with the skills.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:19 am

Hello Asia and Lori,
Thank you for posting and sharing your journey.
It is very common to go through these growth spurts. Life continues to bring us new experiences that challenge us to hone our tools and live out truth. Typically lessons 13 and 14 are ones that we don't pay enough attention to first time around. Living a balanced life and managing stress in a healthy way are key to maintaining calm. I would also pay close attention to lesson 2 and 3. Fear of the fear can move us in a negative direction quickly. Using the 6 steps to float through adrenaline and/or obsessing helps us to get our thoughts managed more quickly.

Let us know what new insights you are discovering and any questions you might have.
We are here to listen and support.
Coach Chris
Last edited by coachchris on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lorikay

Post by lorikay » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks Asia for the reply. I’ve been back on my antidepressant for almost 3 weeks and I was hoping that would stop the anxiety cycle but not yet. I need to get serious about doing the program the right way. I’m trying to take shortcuts. I didn’t finish the program the first time either. Once I was free from the panic attacks I thought I could never go back so I was good. I was wrong and truthfully forgot how all consuming this condition is. Coach Chris I can use all the help and support I can get

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi Lori,

I sent you an email to see if you would like to chat over the phone for a few minutes.
Keep working the program. Slow and steady is sooo important.

I look forward to chatting.
CC

Bryce_in_TX

Post by Bryce_in_TX » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:52 am

Hi guys. Life keeps throwing stress at us from all directions, doesn't it? I hope you will take it easy on yourself and be patient and work the program. It really is powerful. Sending good thoughts your way.

@Lorikay,
WHAT IF I can’t beat it again or at least manage it. Anybody else?
This is the "Fortune Teller" and "Jumping to Conclusions" distortions. Since you can tell the future, how about giving me some stock tips. :mrgreen: And you are jumping to conclusions without any valid evidence.

The truth is you don't know the future. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is what the program is based upon. It's been proven in clinical trials to be as effective, and sometimes more effective than medicine for anxiety, panic, and depression. This is based upon evidence and facts.

So, be kind and compassionate to yourselves, be patient and just do the program and see what results you come out with. Can't hurt, right?

Hope you have a better day today.

Bryce
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

Napoleon Hill

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”