An old new member

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Bryce_in_TX

An old new member

Post by Bryce_in_TX » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi forum. I was on this forum back in 2002 to about 2007. I was Don57 back then. I made some good friends on here.

I bought the program in 1999 and worked with it until about 2004, when I was able to get back in the work force thanks to the program and Dr. David Burns' book "Feeling Good, the New Mood Therapy". Both the program and the book complimented each other. I'm retired now gonna be 70 soon.

I wish I could say I was able to stay working from 2004 on but I was able to until the end of 2006, then ran into problems again which I wasn't able to work out of.

The program does work. I'll be trying to start a bookkeeping biz next year. Have a 14 X 20 foot shed to build first. Will be studying to pass an AIPB bookkeeper certification during the fall and winter this year so I'll be ready next year. Have the website up and running. Have a degree in bus admin with a major in accounting and about 10 years accounting experience, working for 2 public companies and a private one or two. Have kept up with the accounting standards, worked for Jackson Hewitt in 2004 and 2005, working up to an assistant manager position in 2005. So I've got the accounting and tax experience I need. Just want the certification so people will have the confidence I already have in my abilities.

Just wanted to say hi.

If anyone is wondering about the program, it really does work. Hang with it, use the relaxation tape daily a couple of times, journal your negative thoughts, seek to be the friend to yourself that you would be to a friend who is hurting. Seek to love yourself unconditionally and accept yourself unconditionally. My problem with that was I didn't think I deserved to get better. Total horse hockey. We all are born with self-worth given to us by God. That worth can't be taken away by people or our imperfections. Believe it. This program is great for folks with anxiety, panic, and/or depression. If anyone wants encouragement, private message me.

Now, is that post perfect? Opps who cares. :lol:

Looking forward to what ever time I have left in life after 2 strokes. LOL. Maybe I have 10 to 15 years, maybe a week. Taking one day at a time with the wife. See ya!
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

Napoleon Hill

Bryce_in_TX

Re: An old new member

Post by Bryce_in_TX » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:56 am

I'm just overwhelmed by the friendliness of this forum. lol Well, saying hi again.

We got through the hot Summer and now Fall is on its way.

Wow, this forum is so very different than it was in 2002 to 2007. It's like a ghost town. :o

I was on anxiety meds for over 20 years, then, thanks to the Program, I was able to work off of them. Exercise in combination with the Program was effective for me. I was on anti-depression meds for about 40 years. Have been off of them now for 2 years. So, anxiety and depression med free now. I wish I had gotten into counseling at 18 to 20 years of age and been introduced to CBT then. I just didn't realize the powerful effects that our thoughts have on us all.

I hope you're loving yourself unconditionally today and not beating yourself up. Write down your scary, anxious, depressed thoughts. That's step one. When I got in touch with what was really scaring and depressing me it scared the daylights out of me. :shock: :o It took some time for me to come up with compassionate, loving thoughts to replace the scary and depressing ones. I didn't feel like I deserved to get better. But, I did eventually. And it worked to stabilize my emotions and lift my mood. Once I came off of the depression medicine I was laughing a lot and the wife thought I was manic. lol Yep, craaaaazy meeee. haha I laugh all the time now. :D At first, after being off of the meds, my emotions seemed very strong. That's the only way I know how to describe the sensation. The meds had dulled my emotions for so long. I remember watching the movie, "Superman", and tears flowing down my cheeks when Lois was killed. Strange but true. Things just seemed to affect me more, some things anyway. I've gotten used to it now.

So, love yourself today like you would a good friend who was hurting. You really do deserve to get better. See yas. :mrgreen:
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

Napoleon Hill

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Hello Bryce!

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, TWICE :lol:
The forums are a bit different now but we are working hard to get people connected and very much appreciate you sharing your experiences. Congratulations on being med free. Sounds like you have worked hard to get there. I especially love the compassionate, patient part of the journey too. Selftalk is so key.

We are trying to start a chat group Monday evenings at 8 pm EDT. Hope you can join!

Coach Chris

Bryce_in_TX

Post by Bryce_in_TX » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Chris! :mrgreen: Thanks, and I'll try and make it to the chat room one of these weeks.

Morning roomies! And a great morning it is to be alive, cause as my wife said the other night when I complained just a tad about turning 70 soon she said, "It's better than the alternative." I laughed, and so right she is. Take care all!

Napoleon Hill

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”