Hi.. I'm new to the program

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
hopeful4ever

Hi.. I'm new to the program

Post by hopeful4ever » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 am

Hi everyone! Just reaching out and utilizing the peer support. I started to get anxiety about 3 years ago, while on vacation I got really sick and I had a panic attack. Once I came home I felt better but then slowly realized I didn't feel the same anymore. I would get anxious about normal things I used to do like driving, if it was too far I would feel anxious. I also had some major stomach issues because I think I caught a bug in the Bahamas, antibiotics helped with that. But I lost weight and developed food allergies to gluten and diary. In 2016 I drove down to South Carolina with my husband for a family vacation which was a HUGE accomplishment. I dealt with all the symptoms, sweating, fast heart beat, nausea as I drove further from home. I told myself I don't care if I have a heart attack, I'm doing this!! I also prayed a lot! So I got through that and figured my extreme anxiety was behind me for the most part. I dealt with low levels of anxiety and pushed myself to do certain things I didn't want to do but had to. Like travel 1 hr. to my sister's house for my niece's birthday party. Then this past August I started having stomach issues again and then came the anxiety. The idea that this was happening again was overwhelming and unbearable. I was really bad for about 3 weeks, my Mom had to fly up to visit me and she became my safe person for way longer that I should've let her be. I eventually went on Prozac 10mg just to help take the edge off as the Dr. said. I started seeing a Christian counselor and a friend of my Mom's gave her the DVD/CD disc program to give to me because she had gone through her own anxiety issues. I am currently on week 2 and I'm doing my best to stay hopeful that I will recover and I will get over these fears that I have. All I want to do is go back to how I used to be but I know I need to be patient. The idea of flying somewhere on vacation is unbearable, but even just traveling 1-2hrs. from home is scary and I never used to be that way. I'm glad to have this opportunity to chat with all of you and I find comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one dealing with anxiety.

coachchris

Re: Hi.. I'm new to the program

Post by coachchris » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 am

Greetings Hopeful, (love this login :)

Welcome to the forums and the program. I am excited to hear you have the program and have made it through lesson two. What did you think of the lesson and the relaxation?
I loved learning that there is a right way and a wrong way to relate to the anxiety/adrenaline. Once I finally understood I wanted to control it and I could control it by accepting, floating, calming, etc I started to make good progress.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”