New to the centre

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Cherryj

New to the centre

Post by Cherryj » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi I am an anxiety and depression suffer trying to get started the dr put me on Zoloft and that didn’t agree with me ,after having an operation I redeveloped all the horrible feelings but I have the cds from about 6 years ago when I had the same episodes I can go to sleep at night ok but the anxiety wakes me spontainiously in a panicked state and that is how my day begins so I do my breathing and relax@tion exercise tell myself it is ok and try to relax get up have a shower but find it hard disturbing the house hold at such an early hr,, my mind is racing and like dreaming half awake and half asleep, forcing myself to eat have lost 7 kg but looking on the bright side there because I am over weight. Feel quite alone would like very much to link up with someone with similar symptoms

coachchris

Re: New to the centre

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi Cherry,

Thank you for writing and introducing yourself. Sorry to hear about the panic waking you up. That is so very scary. Great job using relaxation to calm and comfort yourself. I always found selftalk in the middle of the night so very hard to manage. Sometimes just getting up and getting a glass of water and doing some light reading or listening to the radio can help interrupt the negative thoughts. I found not turning on brights light or loud sounds helped me get back to rest mode. My waking hour always seemed to be around 3:30 am. Not fun. :shock: Keep practicing relaxation and the 6 steps from lesson 2. How are you doing with lesson 3 and positive selftalk?

mormac1996

Post by mormac1996 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi Cherry,

I know what you are going through. In October l started with mild depression that led up to anxiety attacks and anxious feelings. I too lost about nine (9) pounds and wasn't eating very much. I started on the program in October and l am proud to say l am on week three (3) and l can say that my eating is back to normal but l still have some anxious feelings especially hearing about other peoples health problems. Week three (3) teaches you about positive thinking and l am not going to lie it's hard to break the habit of negative thinking but every time a negative thought comes to my mind l try and turn it around with a positive thought. Wishing you well in the program and just post if you need to talk. Take Care,

Mantragirl

Post by Mantragirl » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 am

Hello Cherry,
You mentioned that you fall asleep ok but wake up panicked? I have the same issue, only the panic starts immediately upon sleep, almost like the relaxed state triggers activity in the mind! I know that sounds counterintuitive. As soon as my heart starts racing and the tightness forms across my chest, I begin the 1,2 and 1-4 breathing. I change positions in bed and start imagining something pleasant. It’s been working!!! It’s been years since I’ve been able to daydream and imagine wonderful things.
I wish you all the best in this program,
Sincerely, Patrice

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Love the breathing and the visualization! Great job using all of the tools!
Coach Chris

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”