3rd time through

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Stephanie972

3rd time through

Post by Stephanie972 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Stephanie. My husband first found this program for me when our first child was a toddler. She's 15 years old now!

The first time I completed the program, I went from not being able to come out of our bedroom when we had company - to riding on a float down the town parade!
The second time I studied the program (about 6 years ago), I "graduated" by submitting artwork to local shows, having my own booth at craft fairs, & even taking classes on how to develop my psychic abilities.

I'm a stay-at-home mom. We now have 3 kids. I knew I was still struggling off & on with anxiety and depression - but I didn't realize how much I'd let it take back over my life until last week. I had a full-blown panic attack in front of my husband, our kids, & a bunch of strangers in a restaurant.

I've gotten used to feeling "on edge" whenever I leave the house - but that terrible, embarrassing incident was too far.

I've spent the last several days thinking things over & realized that I needed to relearn this program & find a way to make the skills a consistent part of my daily life.

I was thinking of this forum yesterday when I went to surprise my 10 year old son at his grade-school graduation.
I thought, "I'm going to share this with the group! Here I am, alone, driving in the middle of the day, parking somewhere new because the lot is full, walking along a busy road & into the school not knowing exactly where I have to be. Now I'm crammed inside a stuffy gym with too many people".
At that point, I waited in the hallway so that I could breathe. (I love that I can share this here & you all "get" what I mean!)

The teachers kept trying to pull me back in but I couldn't do it. I almost cried and went home but I stuck it out because I wanted something positive to share with this group and to show my son that I was there for him (he didn't bother inviting me because he knows I can't handle school events).

I did it!
I stayed & surprised him with a hug when it was over. That moment & the look on his face made it all worth the effort.

So, here I am again & so glad that this forum is here!

Kelseystar

Re: 3rd time through

Post by Kelseystar » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Thank you so much for sharing our story. I’m going through this program for the 3rd time also (kind of). This is the first time I’m doing it 100%. I would love a running partner as I go through the weeks. Goodluck to you can’t wait to hear how this program changes your life this time around!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi Stephanie and Kelsey
It's great to hear both of your stories! I sooooooo understand the social anxiety you are talking about. I wasn't able to volunteer in my son's kindergarten class 25 years ago and just like you, chose to break through those anxious feelings and become the woman I wanted to be.

Lesson's two and three really helped me understand my body and mind better and then lots and lots of practice. Stay positive and use your 6 steps from lesson two.

Thanks again for sharing! I believe the more we can open up and share our story the stronger we become and the faster we heal. I also love the connections we make and wholeheartedly support having a 'running partner' ! Blessings to you both and let me know if I can be of any help.

Coach Chris

Stephanie972

Post by Stephanie972 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi Coach Chris!

Thank you for the advice in getting started. Did they change the name of the program?

I'm surprised to see several other posts by people returning to relearn the program. What do you think would help us stick with the skills for good?

I don't remember deciding not to the skills anymore. I just remember feeling great through the program and for a long while after - but being surprised almost, a few years past it, to realize I'm back to struggling with both anxiety and depression again.

I'm getting ready to restart for the third time. I'm glad to be here in the forum and to have the program to relearn, because I know it will help.

I'd just like to know what you think about this as a coach and someone who's been through it all, too.

P.S. Kelseystar, I sent you a private message - I think! I'd love to go through the program along with you!

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”