Longtime listener, first time caller.

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Truthworldwide

Longtime listener, first time caller.

Post by Truthworldwide » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:21 am

Hello everyone!

I'm Tom.
It's great to be here, truly is.

I'm new here, but not to Lucinda's program.
In fact I have been using the program since around 1997, when it really was on cassette tape! :lol:

Still have the old version, and recently saw the need to update to the CD version (which is the exact same as the '97 edition). I now can listen to it in my vehicles or in the shop.

A little about me - I'm a senior designer / engineer for a manufacturing firm that works with major and minor league sports. It is truly rad. :D
I'm an artist as well as a fabricator, enjoy to work on my home and my small gaggle of cars, and love good movies - and my rescue dog, Max. (He's a tiny little guy and a complete, loving rockstar)

I'm talented, sensitive, loving... (disc 10 heh), articulate, charismatic, organized, faithful ...
...and an obsessive thinker, allowing others to dictate my self-worth, prone to procrastination, and have terrible physical stomach effects when in a panic attack. :|

I've been (cognizantly) fighting with the dragon of anxiety since I was around 8 or 9, and thirty years later still have it (mostly) by the throat. And what an insidious creature it is.
I'm always looking to not only improve my station, but to help people do the same. I'll do my best to contribute.

I'm so glad in 2018 there is a forum for this, there certainly wasn't in the nineties.

Thanks and see ya around!
Tom (and Max)
-Tom

Activate interlock.
Dynotherms connected, infracells up, megathrusters are go!

Form feet and legs.
Form arms and torso, and

I'll form - the head.

Kelseystar

Re: Longtime listener, first time caller.

Post by Kelseystar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi Tom!
Very nice to meet you! You seem like a great person! I am new to this Stress Center Peer Support group and new to the CDs and Workbook. I am restarting the program now with week 1 to put my 100% effort into it this time. Are you starting it over too? It would be great to communicate with someone else who is going through it at the same time I am. Anyways nice to meet you, looking forward to hearing from you!

~ Kelsey

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:53 am

Hi Tom! Thanks for introducing yourself and your great positive attitude :D
Just curious...What lesson in the program was the most helpful for you in the beginning...way back in the 90's. lol :lol:

Truthworldwide

Post by Truthworldwide » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 am

Kelseystar wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 pm
Are you starting it over too? It would be great to communicate with someone else who is going through it at the same time I am. Anyways nice to meet you, looking forward to hearing from you!
Hey, Kelsey! I am indeed restarting. Sure, you can anytime contact me through here. I feel like sometimes there's just so many questions that you either have to take on faith, or interpret as you can. I've had, um, some time to digest the program so lmk what I can help you with.
coachchris wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:53 am
Thanks for introducing yourself and your great positive attitude :D
Just curious...What lesson in the program was the most helpful for you in the beginning...way back in the 90's. lol :lol:
Haha thank you very much. My attitude is def much improved thanks to Lucinda!

I had a couple that I can recall from back in the '90s... one was the realization that there wasn't wires crossed in my head, that there was no chemical imbalance, that it was, as Ken says... "thoughts, only thoughts."
Another was to not be afraid of the thought itself... the power behind anxiety comes from when we are afraid of what will happen next, and then unloading the adrenaline into our systems.
Finally, the advice to reduce or remove caffeine from your diet. HUGE.

Thanks so much everyone and be talking with you all soon!
-T
-Tom

Activate interlock.

Form feet and legs.
Form arms and torso, and

I'll form - the head.

Kelseystar

Post by Kelseystar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:51 am

I love hearing your favorites from the program! Glad to hear you are starting over too! I look forward to seeing your posts on here throughout the session! Goodluck!

Truthworldwide

Post by Truthworldwide » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 am

You too Kelsey - make sure you have your spiral notebook!
-Tom

Activate interlock.

Form feet and legs.
Form arms and torso, and

I'll form - the head.

Kucek

Post by Kucek » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 pm

I probably should of posted here first! I am a third timer. First time it basically saved my life, second relapse was not that bad, only 6 months or so..this time is hard...Im older, in bad health, chronic pain, walk with walker or wheelchair and I need of dental work. Also this time I do not have the support of my family or friends, many have walked away..I think that is what hurts the most, the isolation, and their anger at me.

Well I going too really try. I have a special- needs child who needs me. He is the reason I keep going. I don't want too die, I want to live. For my son.

Truthworldwide

Post by Truthworldwide » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:43 am

Kucek wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 pm
I have a special- needs child who needs me. He is the reason I keep going. I don't want too die, I want to live. For my son.
Remember - without you, he'll be in trouble... so don't do it for him - do it for yourself.

It's ok to be selfish when it comes to mental health.
-Tom

Activate interlock.

Form feet and legs.
Form arms and torso, and

I'll form - the head.

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Love seeing everyone introducing themselves and connecting. Thanks for sharing your favorites Tom! I loved knowing that every thought carries a chemistry and the adrenaline would pass. So many truths around "control' were very empowering.

Kucek, you mentioned people being angry with you. May I ask why they were angry?

Kucek

Post by Kucek » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi,

Thank you for asking and your concern. What I meant is that people in my life are angry with me. I did not mean anyone on this site, (I don't think they are I hope not!)

What I meant was, and its causing me even more pain, is that ever since I relapsed back into Panic/agoraphobia and now depression, my friends, certain family members, even my husband are "mad" at me for my condition. I did the program about twelve years ago, and along with prayer, I got better, the first time was the worst I was literally bedridden. I had a minor relapse that only lasted about five months, four years ago, and with the program and prayer recovered. This time is very difficult.

Two years ago I was pretty much in remission, had a few limitations, but basically functioning normally. Then I took a very hard fall in our garage, I never healed, I have chronic pain and walk with a walker or wheelchair, then I had a traumatic experience with dentist, still not taken care of Because I pretty much housebound, I plummeting into panic, anxiety, depression, crying everyday because of pain in back legs knees. I cant take pain killers and nothing really helps. I feel like 95 year old woman now.

I'm sorry did not mean to get off subject of your question!! Since I have fallen again, emotionally AND NOW physically too.....People have shunned and distanced from me. Friends never call or visit, they avoid me and it hurts badly. My own sister, shocked me by saying "you have turned into an emotional and physical cripple, call me when you're better" That was devastating. My own husband has been, at times, unkind, and angry...he rarely speaks to me, angry he has to do more, shopping, cleaning, etc..... I understand his frustration I AM angry with me. People want the 'old me' back....perky, helpful, relatively happy and healthy. I feel very ugly hobbling around on a walker missing my front teeth. I don't want their pity, just a little understanding and compassion. I have isolated myself now, because of the mean hurtful unhelpful way they have treated me, its best that way, I do not have to hear their anger, I certainly did not want too fall down and tear my knee meniscus or back. Just a bad accident.

The only one I talk to is my son. He is not mean or angry with me, but I do not want to bother him...he has his own life and I want him to be happy. People don't realize being angry and walking away from a loved one suffering hurts recovery so bad! Just a hug, or a brief phone call....but nothing...my husband tells me too suffer in silence, perhaps that's best. I posted on Chronic pain forum, I know it a very old post but hoping. I think the reason I'm not getting better this time is the physical pain, having both emotional and physical at one time is hellish. I pray every night if not for complete recovery and healing, which is very unlikely not being able too walk, at least a reduction or minimizing of the pain...too survive and function and not feel like I am going too die everyday. Sorry if I rambled on and on. If you want to send a prayer my way...that might help. I hope everyone is doing well and improving. God bless you and thank you. Kucek.

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”