Not new to anxiety/program,back to finish this time!

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Kimberley MB

Not new to anxiety/program,back to finish this time!

Post by Kimberley MB » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:49 am

Hello my name is Kimberley MB, I'll start off by giving you a quick glance at my life. I have been dealing with anxiety since I was six years old and now I'm 50. I've been to see therapists four times in my life time and have been told I have anxiety/panic disorder. I've also ended up in the emergency room and was sent home with two meds for anxiety and panic, which I never did stick to taking because I didn't like the way the meds were making me feel. I found this program by lucinda Bassett back in 2004. I never did order it until later in years. I had started the program and made it to chapter 4, and because I was feeling great had put the program down. When issues Seemed to crop up, I would just pick up the program listen to the tapes, do the exercises and feel great again, needless to say I never did finish the program to the end. I am a mother of four children, who by the way each and everyone of them have had and still do at times, issues with depression/anxiety/panic attacks. I have gotten my children through their times of need by what I learned from the program and shared the kit with them, it's kind of funny, because I can give good advice to others but can't always follow it myself. So, here I am again and this time I will be starting from the beginning and finally finishing it,I am determined And deserve this , I owe this to myself. I don't have panic attacks anymore and haven't for years, I've learned to deal with that, I still get the bodies sensations but I know it's just anxiety and what's happening in my life. I'm really excited and looking forward to an even better life once I reach this goal, one step at a time. God bless, have a great day everyone!!!

randy c.

Re: Not new to anxiety/program,back to finish this time!

Post by randy c. » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Good luck with the program. ;)

missgsr

Post by missgsr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Kimberly,

Since about 2008, I too have started the program and then stopped (a couple of times) after week 3 or 4 but this time I am determined to follow through until the end. How far into it are you now? I am on week 4.

missgsr

Kimberley MB

Post by Kimberley MB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:08 am

Hi Missgsr, I will be starting my fourth week, good luck to you also. Right now things going on in my life and some family members, I am struggling a little bit but I've been trying to stay positive and writing in my journal every day. I have been noticing a little bit more anxiety but I feel I have somewhat of a good handle on it. Good luck to you also Randy C., I pray we all stay strong and keep telling ourselves that we need this and it's all up hill from here. Have a great weekend both of you, blessed be~

KimberleyMB

CynthiaOctober

Post by CynthiaOctober » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi Kimberly! I am just checking in with you to see how you are doing. When I started the program months ago, very few people were on here in the forums, and it was discouraging. I did the same thing as you and had the program in my possession so long that I had it on cassette tapes! By the time I was really ready, I had to order it on cd since I didn't have a way to listen! That is some impressive procrastination just to avoid confronting my problems.

I had two separate times in my work when I thought I was having a cardiac incident, but I talked myself through it instinctively and told no one, thinking they would figure I was crazy. Well, at my next annual checkup (I have NO physical health problems) I described those incidents to my doctor and she assured me that it was panic and anxiety. Wow. Somebody finally said it! ANXIETY. Yep, I was a always a worrier since childhood, but now it's official and I know how to deal with it.

I have to encourage you to stick with it. You are worth it. Take the time for yourself and love yourself. It is soooo worth it.

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”