Helped after years of old school CBT

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
CherieT

Helped after years of old school CBT

Post by CherieT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 pm

I started studying and practicing CBT about 1973 and participated for a number of years in the associated self-help group. I have suffered my whole life with anxiety and depression. After learning about this program I purchased it and started listening to the CDs in my car while traveling. Then I started over listening again to the CDs and using the workbook and cards. This program has given me invaluable personal tools and techniques it has been way more helpful then the first generation CBT program that I had been using. I am so grateful to Lucinda and StressCenter for giving me the tools to get some relief from my symptoms. Thanks!

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Helped after years of old school CBT

Post by WebAdmin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi CherieT,

Welcome to the forums. How wonderful to hear about your successes with CBT and the Combatting Stress and Depression Program program. What tools have been the most helpful for you so far?

Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

CherieT

Re: Helped after years of old school CBT

Post by CherieT » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:25 pm

New or updated ideas versus those I learned in "Recovery, Abraham Low, 1970s,:

Don't catastrophize
Focus on and live in the "precious present moment" and stop thinking in the past and imagining the what-ifs of the future
Float, don't fight
More positive self talk; be kind and gentle to myself
The six steps to self-control when dealing with an anxiety attack
I cause my own anxiety with a feedback loop of internally generated anxiety
Oh, and the

There are more, but these are the highlights for me and what is giving me a great deal of comfort.

Also, using the relaxation CD daily. Thanks!!!!!

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”