New

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
SueAust

New

Post by SueAust » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:56 am

Hi I am from Australia doing this program. I started a few weeks ago after having a major panic attack which made me realize I have anxiety. Good to have something to refer to. The first week hearing about being in the present was an eye opener. I often feel angry about something that has happened in the past. This is the first time I have done these tapes but prior to 2008 I did see therapist who did a cognitive program with me. Didn't really help as it turned out I had a benign brain tumour. It was removed 8 year ago and I have been really good. But my anxiety stops me from living life fully.

coachchris

Re: New

Post by coachchris » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:10 am

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forums, it's nice to meet you. :D We have several people on the forums from Australia. If you search Australia or aussie in the search box you will be able to see others who have joined the forums and their posts.

May I ask what lesson you are on in the program?
When you say anxiety stops you from living life fully could you share more about that and what's been the most helpful for you so far?

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

SueAust

Post by SueAust » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi Chris

I am now up to session 12 going well but I have a question.

If I am offended by what someone has said to me repeatedly in social situations and I don't want to see them again but my husband does what do I do?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi Sue,

Thank you for writing. Congratulations on making it all the way to lesson 12! Great job!!!
You have the right to protect yourself from harmful, negative people. Having said that, a lot of situations can be complex with varying dynamics.

Why do you think your husband wants to be around this person when they treat you this way?
Is this person a close relative or more of a friend/acquaintance?

Do you have an expectation/should for your husband?

I look forward to your reply and keep up the great many changes you are making. It takes courage to get this far. You're amazing!

Coach Chris

SueAust

Post by SueAust » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi Chris

This person is a sister in law and my husband doesn't want to loose that relationship.
I find this person hard to negotiate with and when I have tried her and her partner say they are not doing or saying anything to hurt me.
My husband says they are uncooperative but says I do miss understand sometimes.
My husband is very supportive but I find family gatherings very uncomfortable.
Is it ok that my husband attends alone.

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”