Hello from a new person

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
lisazambito

Hello from a new person

Post by lisazambito » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi, I am Lisa from NJ. I just began session 2 panic attacks. Even though I have never experienced a full blown panic attack, I do feel very anxious often, especially in the morning when I wake up. It's as if I'm dreading the day ahead, especially Mondays! One of my goals is to feel calm in the AM and continue this calmness throughout the day. My anxiety doesn't prevent me from doing things, but I often feel as if I'm dragging myself through the things I don't want to do. And right before I have to do them, I feel impatient and panicky. Especially before I go to work, which can be stressful, even though I feel I am doing a good job.

Tofte

Re: Hello from a new person

Post by Tofte » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:45 am

Hi Lisa,

I'm on lesson two also and I can relate to those morning dreadful feelings. I find that once I get busy they pass. I used to have panic attacks, maybe 15 years ago and I have learned to manage them but like you I still deal with those anxious feeling and I'm just tired of battling them which is why I'm here.

Best Wishes,
Lynn

lisazambito

Post by lisazambito » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Thank you, Lynn. My favorite way to distract myself is to put on a documentary on YouTube. I get so involved in the documentary while I'm getting ready for work that it keeps the bad thoughts out of my head.

CherieT

Post by CherieT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi Lisa and Lynn, I think that the morning feelings of dread are common for those of us who suffer from anxiety and depression. The program suggest listening to the relaxation CD first thing. I put mine on my Walkman and listen to it with headphones before I get up. That helps a lot. When I get up and get distracted with a cup of decaf coffee and watch the Weather Channel I feel better and the feelings of dread dissipate

CynthiaOctober

Post by CynthiaOctober » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello, new friends! I just finished Session 2. Something that must have been a panic attack is what made me finally start the program, thought I bought it years ago. I like to distract myself by watching videos of Nature Walks through forests and in interesting places I like to visit. Since I am familiar with some of the places, I can't help but anticipate what I will se next in the video, and it keeps me from thinking of anything else, and is very relaxing.

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Welcome Cynthia! Thank you for introducing yourself and congratulations on beginning the program. What has been the most helpful in the program for you so far? I loved the 6 steps in lesson 2 to help me understand external and internal stresses. It was amazing for me to learn to accept and float through the adrenaline instead of fighting and fearing it. Soooooo powerful and freeing. It took me lots of practice :)

Looking forward to your reply.
Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

CynthiaOctober

Post by CynthiaOctober » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:20 pm

HI, Chris! I am now on Session 6 and am really feeling the benefits of the program. I used to create anxiety for myself in lots of situations. I do that less and less now. I really enjoy listening to the group sessions in the program, and admit I have favorite parts of each lesson that I listen to a little extra. After years of feeling like I had to be the ONLY person with these issues, I no longer feel alone. It helps so much just knowing that others have similar problems, and we can all overcome them. I have become more productive and creative, more like I used to be before my anxiety escalated. I am grateful every day that I FINALLY started following the program, and I even enjoy the soul-searching necessary to do the workbook assignments!

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”