Introduction.

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
sms72992

Introduction.

Post by sms72992 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 am

Hello, my name is Steven Summerhays and I have been experiencing I believe through my entire life. I didn't realize I had this until I got called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The challenge of learning a new language, culture, being away from home, not able to have contact with family in a week at a time. All these things kind of created a melting pot of chaos. Since then which was 2010, I've struggled with anxiety and depression for a while now. I did StressCenter already once before, but I didn't get that far into the program. I am now more committed to finishing the program this time. I am excited to see how I can make a difference for the positive in my life.

morrisjer

Re: Introduction.

Post by morrisjer » Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 am

Hello, my name is Jerry (but I have morrisjer as my user ID). I have struggled with anxiety and depression of and on from an early age. I did buy a set on ebay of Combatting Stress and Depression Program some years back and it helped a lot. When I bought it I got the cassettes and videos but not a workbook.
Now I am facing depression and anxiety again. Something happened to my upper back muscles when working and I got what they call a Trapezious strain. I went into fits with the horrible pain and went to the doctors often. I believe that and some other factors brought on the depression and anxiety I am experiencing now.
I am a Christian, but everytime I go through a deep depression, scary thoughts come into my mind about God deserting me, etc. Of course I am not perfect, and the depression makes sure it wraps itself around any flaws and makes me miserable. That is all I will say now until I get some replies.
Jerry

coachchris

Re: Introduction.

Post by coachchris » Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 am

Hi Jerry and Steven,

Congratulations to both of you as you commit to thinking good and feeling good.

Jerry, sorry to hear about the recent injury. My husband had a similar strain and was visiting the Dr. frequently. Whenever we experience loss of health, depression can come in very quickly. Any kind of "loss" will require us to be very diligent in creating a healthy response to the experience. Lesson 14 is the best lesson to help with this and I can assure you that God is right there. He promises never to leave us and He understands ALL of our story.

Steven, how far into the program are you? What are some of your thoughts on lessons three and four? I found both of these lessons critical to lowering my adrenaline levels and focusing my obsessive/anxious mind. We all seems to have lots of negative thinking and way to0 many unrealistic expectations.

Jerry: you can order a workbook off of amazon. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all

I look forward to your replies.
Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”