Headache

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Chris K

Headache

Post by Chris K » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:36 pm

Hi all. My name is Chris. I discontinued the sessions after #4 ten years ago and am now back at it with as much determination as possible. This time around I am experiencing headaches when practicing the negative to positive thought transition. The pains are specific to the times I practice converting my mood to a more relaxed and positive state. Does anyone else experience this? Thank you for any input, feedback, and / or advise.

coachchris

Re: Headache

Post by coachchris » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:20 am

Hello Chris, Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear this is happening. How are you doing with the relaxation exercise?
Also, Just curious....does the headache go away when you stop the practicing?
I would suggest keeping the thought transition simple. I started to just say to a lot of my negatives: "Not true, Not helpful." This kept me from feeling like I had to address every single negative and turn it into a positive.

I hope this helps.
Feel like reaching if you would like a complimentary coaching call.
We are here to help>
Coach Chris

Chris K

Post by Chris K » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:14 am

Hi Chris,
thank you so much for your reply. I feel trying to keep my thought corrections a bit simpler and shorter might be helpful. I will try this. My perfectionism drives me to get to the very bottom of all thoughts at all times. Not reasonable, I know. My headaches do go away as soon as I stop trying to convert to positive thinking. I am starting to consider maybe talking to my doctor about going on an antidepressant. I did this once before with amazing initial results. I'm struggling to stick to the program schedule and find myself way down the rabbit hole constantly. I do praise myself for recognizing it but am not able to stay away from the thoughts and feelings. Maybe it's OK to get some medical help? Thank you for your advice Chris, I appreciate you.
Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:47 pm

Hello Chris,

Changing negative thinking patterns do take time. It's great you are recognizing some of yours and learning to simplify the process. Certainly talk with your doctor and explain what's happening. It interesting that you say good "initial" results. Why do you think the results were good at the outset? What happened further in?

Stick with the program. It sounds like your body is very happy to feel better when you think better. That is the best news ever! Keep growing and practicing. Be kind a patient with yourself. Baby steps really are big steps. You got this!

Coach Chris

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”