Anxiety and Grief

Tell us about yourself. We want to hear your story so we can all support and encourage you!
Jacinta

Anxiety and Grief

Post by Jacinta » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:39 pm

Hi, I am new here. My husband died 4.5 years ago after a 2 year illness called MSA/Parkinsonism has caused a lot of distress, anxiety and grief. We were married 47 years. I was starting to get back to living.. but the Covid shutdown and everything closed up. It caused more anxiety and depression.. then 15 months ago I fell broke my elbow had surgery to repair it. But then became terrified of falling again.. so stopped my daily walks. I’ve had anxiety most of my life.. but this is the longest setback ever. I have started walking outside for 10 minutes and I’ve started going places by myself feeling all the fear and doing it anyway. Mornings are the worst for me. It’s hard starting a new day alone. I do have family nearby but it isn’t the same as having my spouse here. This is my first week of this program.. my question is will this also help with the anxiety one feels with grief? Thank you.
Mary

coachchris

Re: Anxiety and Grief

Post by coachchris » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:25 am

Hi Mary,

I know you posted this a while back.
How are you doing now?
To answer your question the program most certainly helps with understanding grief.
The life skills it teaches and the cognitive awareness it brings is something we all need especially during stressful times of change.
Please feel free to reach out if you need anything.
We are here to help.

Coach Chris

Return to “New Forum Member Introduce Yourself HERE”