Share Your Successes

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
coachchris

Share Your Successes

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am

I was reminded today by a client that it's hard to get on the forums sometimes due to information overload and need for help. I thought it would be good to start a success thread where we can post our victories and share our positive experiences as we work the program. This will be especially helpful when we are in need of encouragement and/or just starting out on our healing journey. I look forward to celebrating all of the victories that are ahead :)

You can also read about other successes in the "Triumph" section under: "Everyone Welcome." Here is the link.
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewforum.php?f=556
Last edited by coachchris on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

coachchris

Re: Share Your Successes

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

"Hey everyone, to those that are just beginning on their road to recovery and just starting the program, I have great news:

IT WORKS!!!

It really, really does. It's hard work but the benefits I'm starting to see are worth far more than what it cost to buy this program. I'm on Lesson 6 now and I can't tell you how much this program is transforming my life. I have no panic attacks anymore. It's very, very rare that I get a wave of fear. And my depression is dissipating! I'm becoming a more positive, forgiving, peaceful person, and more assertive. I'm not the only one noticing, either! It's rubbing off on my loved ones and friends. There are times that I still feel stressed or negative or blue, but it's much easier to snap out of it now. Before, I'd let those feelings scare me... not anymore! I'm so excited about this journey that I'm on. And if you're just starting out, have faith in the program, have faith in yourself and you can move MOUNTAINS!?"

posted by Miranda

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 am

"I posted this somewhere else a day or two ago, but thought it was more fitting here....

Anyway the reason for my post today, is the excitement I experienced just a few days. A joy I almost forgot existed. I have 3 children 11, 4, and 3. And though I do love them with all my heart. I am just living, so to say. So I have never really fully experience the joy of my children. To just be able to sit back and enjoy their precious, imaginations. Their joyous smiles. There loving hugs and kisses. Yesterday, like a beam of light, out of no where it just HIT me like a ton of bricks and I just sat and watched my 2 littles ones play and just enjoyed it. The joy I have from that almost brings tears to my eyes to type this. It was the most amazing experience I have felt, in a long long time if not ever!!

And another great step for me, for sometime now, I've just not been a morning person. I get up with the kids (11,4,3) and right away gotta get breakfast, get kids dressed etc... So I get up and right away start with the negativity... why isn't this done? was this really left for me to do? Why am I the only one? etc... So for the past week or two I've been working to adjust my schedule a little. I've been going to be earlier so I can get up earlier. I thought maybe if I can have a little time in the morning to myself before everyone is up and demanding of my services. (I read a few places it was a good idea so thought I'd give it a try) So yesterday morning, things didn't go as planned. My boyfriend got up with me. Kids started getting up earlier than usual etc.

But this time when I saw myself falling into my "regular" morning patters, I took a breath asked my oldest son to watch the little ones for just 5 minutes. Went upstairs sat in a chair read my book for a few minutes (don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff) when I felt I was feeling a bit better went back down and stayed "happy/positive"

Doing this also enabled my son to have a good day.... Many times (and boy to I feel guilty) have I found many issues with my son in the mornings and not held back in letting him know. Which sets the mood for his day."

** Another step in the right direction **

Posted by Iwillbebetter

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 am

"Hi Everyone!

I am back here at the forums in order to support my youngest sister (23) who is now going through her own anxiety and depression issues. What a blessing to be here to help support her through the program, having gone through it myself!

6 years ago (coincidentally when I was 23 also) I went through complete consumption from anxiety and depression. I am writing this to be of some inspiration to her and those of you who still have doubt about this program. Since she started the program she keeps telling me that "I know it worked for you, but I think my situation is so much more complicated." I keep telling her...TRUST ME. It WILL work...but you have to be 1,000% dedicated and be willing to change. Treat it like a college course...devote at least 30 minutes each day to it, longer on days where you listen to the CD for the first time. Write all over the workbook, take notes, and answer honestly to what you feel.

Before I started the program in 2006, I had nightly panic attacks and then went through the day exhausted, jumpy, panicky, cranky, and incredibly INCREDIBLY sad. I lost my appetite, couldn't sleep for days at a time, and felt in a state of disillusion all day. I felt like I was a big fake to everyone. My "What If" thinking was constant and created a state of worry 24 hours a day. The "SHOULDS" made it worse..."I should be happy." "I shouldn't be this way." "I should be able to handle this..." "I should be having fun."

I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with me! I didn't want to live in the mental state I was in, but I didn't want to die either. I tried several medications, psychotherapy, and read all kinds of books. Nothing worked until I started the Combatting Stress and Depression Program program.

I haven't logged in to the forums in about 4 years, but I did find an old post I wrote on my 1 year anniversary of starting the program. I copied and pasted it below this email to give you an idea of what I accomplished because of the program. The person I talk about falling in love with is now my husband of 4 years. 2 months after our wedding I found out I had cancer (talk about anxiety provoking stuff!) I handled the diagnosis well, never lost a night of sleep or had a panic attack, and have been in remission for a few years now. Anxiety was never an issue throughout the entire cancer-fighting process. We now have a daughter and I find myself teaching the skills to her.

The skills that are taught in the program are habits now that I use everyday, even 6 years later. They are PRICELESS! I feel wise, centered, and calm. I offer advice to other people who struggle with stress, overreacting, and anxiety. It feels good to be "on the other side" of my anxiety and to be able to share my testimony with others!

Cortney

MY 2007 POST on my 1 year anniversary of starting the program:

Hi All!

I promised myself I would write a "triumph story" after I recovered from anxiety and almost forgot. I received my Attacking Anxiety program the day after Christmas, 2006. I continue to tell people about my past "anxiety problems" and Lucinda's program. I tell them of how "I used to be" and how much I've changed. I've done so much since December 26th of last year.

I started small...did my relaxation exercises every night, and listened to my CDs in the car on the way to work EVERY DAY FOR 5 months. I did my workbook like a college course I HAD to get an "A" in. Gradually I began to feel less anxious. Man, it was a fight. I came up with so many reasons of why I'd never be "normal" again, but here I am now feeling better than "normal!"

It took time...I have little "anxious" episodes still, but I'm strong, and I know I am capable, and I'm compassionate with myself. The best thing is now I know "IT'S JUST ANXIETY"...no biggie. And it's NOTHING like my general anxiety I had before.

If you are reading this still analyzing the program and doubting it will work, use my testimony as a trusting example. It was the best $400.00 I've spent in my life. I feel I am a healthy thinker now. I'm less critical of myself and other people. I am less cynical and more trusting of others. I am realistic in my expectations. But most of all...I am all these things MOST OF THE TIME. I realize I will not behave or think perfectly all the time and that is ok.

Since mid-way through the program I have driven 10 hours to a new city (Week 6,) quit my job (Week 8,) found a new one by taking a BIG chance (Week 10,) moved to a new state, in a big city with lots of traffic (Atlanta...right!) I've fallen in love, and have given God a chance, too. He proved to me that if you ask...He will answer in His unique way. It will probably not be in a way that you expect...he's cool like that. He answered me through Lucinda, and I wasn't surprised to hear in Week 12 that she was inspired by Him.

Living the life you want to live is totally possible. I feel now that the majority of my friends and family could benefit from the skills Lucinda teaches. They're not just exclusive to people who have anxiety.

Best wishes to everyone,"

Cortney
CortneyFL

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 pm

I lowered/eliminated my expectations before going to my daughter and son-in-laws. I took a realistic view of my thoughts/feelings concerning their current situation. A situation which is kind of hard right now for the whole family. I accepted the negative and thanked God for the positives. I realized I might not see any new positives right now and their might even be new negatives. I did this all a few hours before the visit. As a result I enjoyed the visit and their company more than I ever have since their marriage. I felt better on the way home and was able to make positive statements instead of my usual fussing to myself or others all the way home. I was bothered by one new negative, but have been able to put it in God's hands instead of worrying obsessively for days. I am releaved. I felt calm and connected and was able to communicate my love for them more effectively than ever. I am grateful for the program and proud of myself. This is an answer to my prayers.

posted by ellenfisher

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:00 pm

I am finishing session five nutrition and exercise. Normally, when I read the carry along cards for the day, I try to read through all of the ones for the sessions I've completed, not just the one I am working on. I like to do this as a "refresher" so to speak. Today, I read through the cards for sessions one through five and started to read six (I keep them all in one pile). When I realized I was reading the session six card on anger, but I haven't started that session yet, the thought crossed my mind in a fun and silly moment, "Hey I haven't started the session on anger yet, so I guess I can still be angry today if I feel like it-Ha-Ha!" It was so funny to me; I laughed out loud. It's been so long, I can hardly remember when I just thought a fun and silly thought and just laughed out loud at it and myself. I am so grateful. I thank God for the program! Wishing all of you the best! Peace, calm and courage in the trials and laughter in the joys!

posted by ellenfisher

FeliciaMcP

Post by FeliciaMcP » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am

Wow! That's what I have to say about the coaching program. I spent fifteen years housebound off and on, unable to travel, took 8 years to get through college and another 5 to get through a masters program all due to my agoraphobia. I also HATED driving and couldn't make it across town.
Thanks to this program and the coaching program I work full time and can drive across country by myself. I am not 100 % recovered because I had a traumatic childhood but I'm 85% of the way there thanks to Lucinda, dear, sweet Carolyn, and my wonderful coach Kathy.
Felicia McParland, Licensed Mental Health Counselor

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 pm

"Hey Coach!
I just wanted to let, you know that I started the program again this week. I was still a little hesitant because I'm feeling pretty good! I just didn't want to feel like its pressured going back through it and possibly getting some anxious feelings going through it again. I'm going to look at it in a positive way though, just knowing that I can't go backwards and I've already learned so much. I'll look at it as just continuing the program and learning more than I even did before. I decided ill listen to one Cd a week and do the work book, then if I feel like I need to listen to a Cd more than once I will!
I've been feeling good lately! My absolute favorite thing I've learned is to under-react. I think for me that's the key. Its neat that I've learned that about myself! Of course I've still got some learning to do but I think I'm really starting to get it."

April 2013

pinkhearts123

Post by pinkhearts123 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 pm

This success seems small but to me its TOTALLY HUGE!!!!! This is like my, oh idk, 7th time starting the program. I never finish it, Ive had it in my possession since 2010. Anyway, I was determine to do it right this time and follow the curriculum the best way I could. Well this time around I've really been getting it. I really understand that it is important to think and say positive things to yourself. It works, I mean it really works! I'm only on week three but I've been walking 10+ minutes a day and limiting my caffeine. I thought it was dumb, that caffeine didn't have an effect on me but now i see that it does. I have dug myself out of a major panic attack and depression episode and have been journalling just about everyday! I'm happy with my results so far but I really think for ME, it was necessary to stop and start the program. I would normally beat myself up for doing that but rereading and listening to the CDs again, seems to make stuff is starting to stick. I'm really understanding that people have had what I have and have and gotten BETTER. So with that I am proud of my success and excited about my future! I hope and encourage that everyone keeps at it no matter how many times you have to start over!!! Be Blessed!!!! :mrgreen:

pinkhearts123

feelingbetter01

Post by feelingbetter01 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:59 am

I started walking two weeks ago after a few weeks into the program. I used to work out years ago and had been beating myself up about wanting to start up again and not doing it. I speed-walked for about 30 minutes at first, every other day, about three days that week. Last week, I got up to 45 minutes and added some jogging for about ten of those minutes. This week while still at 45 min, I jogged completely for two of my sessions. Mixing up my routine helps me to stick to it. Plus, I'm "inching" my way toward pushing myself harder so I don't get burned out and stop, which has been the case in the past. It feels good to be moving around again and I have the program to thank for the motivation. Its nice to get away from my depressing thoughts at least for about an hour while I'm on the treadmill. When I'm not walking/running, I think about how good it's been getting into a routine. It's a positive to focus on in my sea of negative thinking.

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”