Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
WebAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by WebAdmin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Hello Chris, just swinging through & checking the forum today to make sure every things up to par. :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Dave,

Great to hear from you! Thanks for checking in. How were the Holidays? It's going to be warm and sunny today. I love it!

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Holidays were good Chris no problems at all. I did see that Lucinda's new book is coming along great too have you seen it?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am

Hi Dave. So glad to hear the holidays went well. I don't have a copy yet but you can preorder on Barnes and Noble. Pretty exciting. She is also on latalklive.com on Thursdays.

Have a great weekend. It's going to get cold I here!
Last edited by coachchris on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melis

Post by Melis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi! I have had this program for over 5 years and always start it and never finish it! I have a really bad anxiety disorder, have tried more than a dozen antidepressants and can't seem to get control of my mind And this horrible disorder. I have a very blessed life but can't seem to gain control of it. Anxiety is the monster in the closet for me! I will never be set free until I gain some sort of control. I have been told that I will live on medicine and fear anxiety everyday of my life! I need guidance and any positives you can send my way! I thought my life would be o different!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 am

Hi Melis,

I am going to send you a private message.

Thank you for your post and reaching out.

We can help you and things will get better.

Coach Chris

BethanyJ

Post by BethanyJ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 am

Have you had a lot of experience with people with severe anxiety having extreme reactions to smell? The doctors were concerned I may have asthma, but I can't afford the final "test" to determine for sure and I still don't really think that is what it is. They symptoms are just about exactly like a panic attack. I have a reaction basically any strong smell. Wood smoke is bad, strong "mold" smell, chemical smells, anything burning, and the other day in the health food store the lady had smell take a slight sniff of an herbal tincture FOR anxiety and relaxation and I reacted to IT!! I get a sensation across my chest, get "weak in the knees" and my heart starts racing. That episode didn't last long, but in my most severe cases, it turned into a full blown 30-45 minute attack. The wondering is hard for someone with health anxiety and what asthma "could" do....Just curious if there is anyone else out there....thanks

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Bethany,

Thank you for reaching out and posting your great question, I have seen this. In fact, I just spoke with someone last evening who was reacting to a cucumber smell. From a coaching perspective it appears that many of us are on sensory overload, so anything that stimulate the senses can activate us more and move the body into anxiety. Whether it's noise, motion, touch, smell, etc; under reacting and using the six steps are something we are all practicing. The calmer we can get the body the better we feel and then the better we think and the healing process begins.

Do you have the program? I hope it is helping :)

Private message me if I can be of further help.
Coach Chris

BethanyJ

Post by BethanyJ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

I do have the program and am almost finished. Working on the what ifs and health anxiety for sure...It is helping, but I would love to hear from anyone else or any other stories of people having these "reactions" to smell. Thanks!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Bethany,

Great to hear how well you are doing. You're hard work is paying off :)

I suggest you use the search box here on the forums and type in smell or sensitivity to smell.

I just did that and several pages of threads popped up. See if you can find some positive feedback that way.

Keep us posted. We are here to help.

Coach Chris

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”