Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
49ermike

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by 49ermike » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:22 pm

New member and looking for a few answers. Do we repeat each CD session multiple times before moving to the next session?
Are all the CD’s audio only? I was expecting video as well. Tyfor any advice

Margk54

Post by Margk54 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Hi Coach Chris! I’m new and I need some guidance on a couple of things. I’ve gone they sessions 1, 2 , 3, 4 but I find theother sessions don’t apply to me so much (anger, diet & exercise, assertiveness) at the moment. I feel like I have these under control pretty well. I felt like I could not waste these weeks on something that is not relevant to my but I plan to pick them up. Please advise however.

However, I need to work on sessions 8,9 and 10 right now if it’s appropriate. I am suffering pretty badly from health anxiety and OCD re some diagnosis that I’ve had the last 3 years. It’s pretty painful.

I’ve found that the What if... session tends to deal with situational things (flying, driving, socializing, etc) and how to face the fear and take action. I’m not sure how to do this with the real fear of some health problems I have. I am doing well with diet, exercise but the health problems are real. I do tend very much to catastrophic events about the future re. my health. I am actively working on sessions 3 and 4 and trying to do replacement with positive talk but I’m having difficulty with it.

I hope you can help me. Thank you. MK

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your recent post regarding the program.
In the guidebook on page 9 there is a recommended weekly schedule.
It details out how to alternate the cds with the guidebook and the other basics like the relaxation exercise. I highly recommend you follow this schedule.
We do have coaching DVD's to purchase where Lucinda does some extra teaching around each lesson. Unfortunately there are no videos of the class sessions. I hope this helps answer your questions. We are here to help!

Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Hello Margk54,

Thank you for your recent forum post.
I am sorry to hear about your current health struggles. It is very common to have a lot of whatif's around real health concerns, especially us negative over-thinkers.
It is going to be important to make sure you are speaking truth to yourself and problem solving the best you can. Try to dig out the real fear. It it fear of dying, fear of suffering, fear of separation, fear of loss of control etc.....the list can go on and on.
Once you can define the fear then try to address that the best you can. These are hard things to look at. Be patient. Talk to yourself like you would a good friend. Get support.

I really love lesson 9 for worry and lesson 10 for obsessing.
What has been the most helpful for you in these lessons?
I would also say that learning how to stop negative thoughts quickly and practicing positive whatifs is also really good. This takes practice, practice, practice.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

JacobJonik

Post by JacobJonik » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

So I honestly haven't been sticking to the program and over the last few months I have been waiting to go full time in the military, which i have waited 6 years because i served in the National Guard, and i have had anxiety out the rear end. Pardon my speech. I have been going through this stressful process of waiting and getting good news, then disappointment. Now I am just about to go and I'm left with aches in my neck and a slight annoying headache. I just went back to read the book and I saw this one little paragraph where it says, "have you ever had a little annoying headache that you always thought about but noticed when you don't acknowledge it isn't there." I just all of a sudden ignored that neck ache and headache and it went away. I mean is that for real? Have you ever had that?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for serving our country. We appreciate you!

Regarding your observations, we do indeed see this a lot. The mind is powerful! When we think better we do feel better. As we under-react and become present moment the whole body experiences more calm and peace. What we focus on grows. Keep your focus on all that is good and true. Use your tools from the program. Keep us posted on your progress:)

Coach Chris

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

Hard to believe the Holidays are here already.
What a year it has been.
Curious to hear how the new app is going for everyone?
Also would love to hear some testimonies on how the program has been working for you during this challenging time.

Reach out anytime via email.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:23 pm

I would love to host a coach chat in the evening some time. If that interests you send me an email with a few days and times that work best for you. I could answer any questions you might have on the program and offer some top tips for navigating through Covid. I hope to hear from you all!
Coach Chris
coachchris@stresscenter.com

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Coach Chat is every Monday evening 7:30-8:30 pm EASTERN.
Great time to connect with others, ask questions and receive support.
Hope to 'see' you there.
Chris

Poida10

Post by Poida10 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Gday Chris, Ive been working at this course for 4 weeks. I have been feeling better and enjoying the course. I had a slight disagreement here (at home) and was fairly annoyed. I feel like I went back a couple of steps and not feeling so relaxed/positive. Whats the best way to get my mind back to where it was? Thanks in advance :) Peter

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”