Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
coachchris

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by coachchris » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Happy Thursday All!

I follow lots of physicians/health experts and Dr. Sara Gottfried is one of my favorites.
She went through her own experiences with adrenal dysfunction/hormone imbalance and offers 3 great dos and don'ts in this short blog. If you need help in making changes we are always here to coach and support you. Just PM or email...we're just a click away.
Coach Chris

http://www.saragottfriedmd.com/tired-bu ... -adrenals/

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Wow, where did the year go? Months seems to speed by faster and faster. This year was full of weddings, new adventures and our first grandchild. I also hit the big 50 and have some beginning signs of menopause :o I share this to say, change is the one thing you can count on. (yes, I know...like death and taxes) I am so thankful for the skills in the the program program that continue to help me grow through change. There are always going to be firsts for us. The first grandchild, the first day at a new job, the first day of retirement, the first loss of a loved one.... How we respond to these changes and our attitude toward them are critical. I feel it's a choice between peace and powerlessness, joy or panic, calm or chaos. I choose to look at the good and live in the moment. It's not easy. Sometimes I have to sit down and craft the attitude I am choosing. Put pen to paper and then get it into my active mind. Then I pull out the paper again and again during the day. Reminding myself that I am in choice and I am in change. We are not powerless when stress comes. Use your tools. Review lesson 14 and keep going. Email if you need help and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D Huggs, Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Hello 2017 :)

It's cold, snowy and hot chocolate time (or tea) which also means it's time to catch up on some reading. I was reminded today about a book on sleep written by a former StressCenter coach, Tammy Barlekamp. Any veteran forum user would also know her by the user name 'bakedpears'. Tammy self-published the book, A Time to Sleep, back in 2006. As I flipped through it today, I once again marveled at her ability to understand those who struggle with their sleep attitude. You know who you are: You obsess, you over think, you worry, you're in a constant struggle with figuring out why and how sleep continues to evade you. It's a tug of war and the fear and worry always win. Well, Tammy also struggled with getting the z's and it's exactly why her book is so powerful and speaks to so many of us. So, if you're one of those people we're talking about here is her link. It's time to change your sleep attitude and start this new year out with more rest and slumber.
https://www.amazon.com/Time-Sleep-Shapi ... 142571675X

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello Every and Happy Spring :D

I wanted to let everyone know that the audio of the lessons from The Solution Program are available on itunes for download. You can also still purchase the program directly from our website and amazon.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/author/luci ... #albumPage

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:58 pm

So if you're like me I am always striving to set new goals and continue to commit to being my best me. Here's how i have been recently thinking through change.
    What is my goal?
      Why do I want to achieve this change?
        How will I make change happen?

The most important question for me is the 'why'. Once I figure out my 'why' I tend to get into action a lot sooner and stay committed.
        Make your 'hows' doable and measurable. It's ok to start small and slow just stick with it. It's a new year! Go for it:)

Coach Chris

riggsl

Post by riggsl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi Chris,
        I’m doing the anxiety and depression program. This is my second time around. I did it about 15 years ago and really liked it. What I’m disappointed in now though is that most of the online posts seems very old and outdated. When I tried to call the number on the little cards that came with the program, I got some insurance agency that had no idea what I was talking about. Has the program dismantled? Am I able to speak with a real person? Are people like Lucinda and Carolyn involved anymore?

A little disappointed…

Thanks,
        Lisa

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:27 pm

HI Lisa,

Thanks for emailing. I am glad we were able to connect.
        Looking forward to speaking soon.
        Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Well, Happy New Year!
        Here we are again...the beginning of new beginnings.
        Let's do it this year. Let's get braver, healthier, stronger, more vulnerable, more transparent. Let's go places we have never gone before. This year I went to California with my girls. Just the girls, no boys allowed. We rented a red jeep and hit Venice beach. Tried to go further north but the fires didn't let us. That's ok, we stayed positive, made the most of each moment and counted our blessings. Still learning to find the gems in each day. The power of the precious present moment and my own ability to control my perspective. Healthy self-management, which is one of my favorite objectives of the last lesson in the program, continues to be a main focus. I will do it!! One thought at a time, one action at a time. Slow and steady.

So for you this year, keep going and keep growing. We can do this together. Stay positive. Create positive stories in your head and little by little lean into the new. Change will come. Sometimes it is slow change but it will come. Let us know how you are doing, what you need. We are here for you!!

Happy New Year! It's going to be great!!!

Coach Chris

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:20 am

Oh hey Coach Chris, you are still here...you are probabbly the only person I recognize since 2011...how's it been going on the forums?

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:21 am

Hello Ninja,

How great to hear from you!
        I am well, chugging along with life. Thankful for my blessings. How are you?

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”