Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
coachchris

Ask Coach Chris

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

Do you have a question, need some direction or just an ear to listen? Feel free to post here and I will do my best to answer them daily. If you don't want to message publically, click the PM tab to the right and send me a private message.

If you are on the forums and not comfortable registering a login you can email me at coachchris@stresscenter.com with any questions or concerns.

I am a veteran full-time coach who has been with Stress for 11 years and have a passion to help you feel better fast.

Warmly,
Coach Chris
Last edited by coachchris on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mylife65

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by Mylife65 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:29 am

I have anxiety if i cant get ahold of my daughter.. To the point I want to leave work. I am I've had anxiety for 20 plus yrs and since she moved to California I've had more panic and anxiety then ever.... But once I talk to her I'm fine... But I call her about 10 times. A day and text constantly... It's driving her crazy. Please help me on this situation

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Mylife65,

Thank you for your question. Whatif thinking is a pit a lot of us fall into. It is good you recognize that you are an anxious thinker because we need to take ownership of that. Our anxious thoughts lie to us and bring confusion. I would write out 3 truthful thoughts to keep with you throughout your day. When you want to text or call I would try and postpone 5 minutes and use your truthful thoughts. This is going to be difficult so just take it 5 minutes at a time. If you can postpone 5 minutes try to add another 5. Be sure to use your relaxation skills and 2-4 belly breathing. Keep telling yourself the truth.

Do you have our Combatting Stress and Depression Program program? I would recommend lessons 3, 8 and 9.

Looking forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:49 am

"How long until I feel better?" I hear this one a lot! Well, here is the answer.

Commit to your program, one session a week.
Follow your weekly schedule on page 9 in your guidebook.
Do your basics: relaxation, healthy diet, light exercise, journal.
Participate in your free coaching call to receive valuable insights for your personal journey.
Start there and every week will be a better week.

You are amazing!

dlep1234

Post by dlep1234 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm

hey chris. first of all i think it's awesome that you take time to answer questions and give advice on here for free.
alright so i'm 19 years old, a male, and i've had anxiety since i was a little kid but it's gotten worse and worse i feel. I think about it more and more and a couple years ago it started to bother me even at home sometimes. (before it was usually only big places or situations where i couldn't leave.) I will go through cycles where i'm not concerned about it for a few weeks then ill go a week or 2 or sometimes even 3 where it consumes me. Anyways, i finally got the program about 4 months ago when I was having a strange obsessive thought constantly. the thought had to do with my fear of big open areas, which i think stemmed from my early panic attacks which usually occured in large building type of settings. i was scared cuz i wasnt sure if it was anxiety or if anyone else had the feeling. anyway, i got over it after worrying and wondering if i ever would get over it. it took like 3 or 4 weeks i believe. after that, the program was working well and i got lazy after the 3rd or 4th session and took a break for a while because i was feeling great. But this summer i've still had my ups and downs and the last 3 or 4 weeks i've been really bothered by a certain thought/feeling. one night i felt really crappy and had a sort of unreal feeling. kind of like i was in a dream or something. i couldnt shake it and i went to bed feeling bad. the next day it stuck with me and since then i've been obsessing about this feeling of feeling kind of unreal and it gets worse whenever i drive anywhere or do anything. while driving i freak out quite bad and start feeling really scary and unnatural sometimes. it's like i remember how to bring the feeling about. and it's the same feeling i would get back in the day in high school in certain classes where i would feel trapped. what sucks though is even when i'm at home i feel the feelings but in a calmer sense i guess but also i feel pretty tired and a bit anxious and just not really happy. i've had some ups and downs but i've never really climbed out of this hole yet and its been 3 or 4 weeks. i'm in a cycle of negative thinking and im thinking too much about my thoughts. do you have any advice??? also i dont take any medications, all i've done to help myself is this program.

thank you
dan

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your post. How great to hear that you are desiring to work hard and feel better. I really respect that! You have some good awareness of your story. Two things stand out from your post: You know you are an anxious thinker and you know you can push a lot of adrenalin when you are thinking negative (thus the negative body symptoms). The good news here is that you also have the power to think better and feel better. You were experiencing that when you went through the program the first time. You are also aware that you are very analytical (like most of us :)) and can get caught up in the questioning. Lesson 3, 8, 9 and 10 will give you the tools and wisdom you need to make that great mind of yours work for you all of the time! We waste a lot of time in worry and you are at that age where the world can feel overwhelming and big. It is important to be present moment and take each day as it comes. Committing to the whole program will ensure that you have the tools and awareness to manage life in a healthy way. This is exciting!

Lesson two also explains how to go the 'right way' with the adrenalin. Float with it, breath through it and let it pass. Use your relaxation cd and be sure to minimize caffeine and drink your water.

I would love to have a free coaching call with you and tie this all together.
We are here to help,
Coach Chris
Last edited by coachchris on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlep1234

Post by dlep1234 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 am

thanks a lot chris.

Jlk

Post by Jlk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Hello Coach Chris,
My name is Jessica, I am 23 years old. I have had anyxiety all of my life even till today. I had a very violent and abusive childhood, leaving me with an anxiety disorder, a panic disorder, agoraphobia, and ptsd. my mother was the only parent around and she is mentally ill and undiagnosed. I believe she is a paranoid schizophrenic and maybe anti social personality disorder. she moved us out here to a small town and we had to family no nothing, we weren't allowed to talk to certain people, etc... but anyways the violence consisted of being beaten for a conspiracy she made up in her head, she was never in touch with reality, she stabbed my sister and many of her own family members over the years tried multiple times to set the house on fire with us in it, along with many things i don't care to think of. All of this time has gone by and she will never get help and all the abuse is left with us internally. i am one of three siblings, my sister, my brother, and I. My brother had the worst of it, he was in fostercare and in prison most of his life with no guidance or love, he promised my sister and i that when he was out of trouble he was going to take care of my sis and i and make things right like they should have been. This was something we could only dream about..... Unfortunately my brother passed away of a drug overdose about 3 years ago leaving my sisiter and i hopeless and traumatized.
My anxiety has always been really high. I ordered the anxiety and depression free trial a few years ago, and i didn't make it past session 3. i was relieved to know that there was a name for what was goin on with me, i had no idea i thought it was just the way i was suppose to feel. and just kindof left it at that... then a year later, i started group therepy and reg therapy, but i had to discontinue them becuse my therapist relocated. i just feel like im missing someting and i'm always on edge waiting for somethingot go wrong. i'm not letting the information sink into my brain and im in a catch 22 situation you know, how do i get out of it? I just received the program again as a gift, and i really need help utilizing it and finding the strength to keep involved in it and staying positive that it will help me. I know i need to have faith its just hard when things you have faith in seem to work against you. I recently graduated from a community college with an AA in liberal arts!!! i kicked and screamed every step of the way, but thatnks to thereapy adn wanting to make my brother proud i did it. but i still don't know what direction i want to go in, its so anxiety provoking, now i am working at my second job ever, i just started, and i'm just needing some reinforcement and some advice if you have it. Thanks for listening

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi Jlk,

There is no doubt you are a strong, young woman. I do believe I can be of some help. Let's set up a free coaching call so I can hear more and we get a plan together for you to keep growing forward. Please private message me and we will set up a time to talk. Your courage to reach out and keep moving forward is inspiring.

Looking forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm

How important is the relaxation cd? Answer: It's HUGE! If you're like me, lying down and doing 15 minutes of relaxation was almost impossible when I had the really high levels of adrenalin. It was very difficult to stay focused and not want to get up and move around. If you are feeling the same way you're in good company. Maybe you can only do 2 minutes of it. That's fine. The next time you can do 3 minutes. Try and focus on practicing the 2-4 belly breathing. Little by little you will learn to slow down, direct your mind and calm the body. Celebrate your efforts. You're doing it :)

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”