Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
coachchris

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:23 am

I always love sharing success stories. Here is a recent email from a coaching client. I know her words will bless many of you. :D

Hi Chris,

Thinking of you, and just wanting to let you know how I am doing. It was a year ago you were helping me through the befuddlement of anxiety!

I have learned so much this past year; first about the physiology of anxiety to demystify the symptoms, and then the nuts and bolts of allowing the symptoms to be there, whilst carrying on with life, learning confidence whilst dispelling the myth of the BLUFF.

Many have asked me how it is that I am recovering so quickly, (although a year ago, I thought five weeks was too slow!) and I have written down a few key points, which I will share with you below.

Hoping all is well with you and your family, Chris. Know that you will always be special to me; being part of such a life-changing time for me.

With much love,
Jane Doe

Here is what I have learned this past year; taking me to recovery.

Symptoms of nervous illness are no more than symptoms of stress. The stress hormones, mainly adrenalin are at the ready when the body feels threatened, whether from a real source, or perceived. (Fight or Flight) All nervous illness is sensitization of the nervous system, maintained by FEAR of the reactions of the nervous system. The involuntary nervous system is working too hard, gets tired, fatigued and sensitized.

The subconscious mind registers normal stress in an exaggerated manner, protesting, trying to get a message through to the conscious mind, of perceived danger.

The first symptoms are the physical symptoms of stress, brought about by any stressor (illness, death of a loved one, marriage, birth, moving, exams, performance) What happens now is, we recoil in fear of these symptoms of stress, which brings about SECOND FEAR and more sensitization and exaggerated symptoms; and now we are in a cycle of nervous suffering. The main stressor has long gone, and now we are left with this second fear, WHICH HAS NO BASE AT ALL. IT's simply empty fear of the symptoms. This is THE BLUFF.

Now, sensitization, and then fatigue occur at the mental, emotional, and physical levels. But there is NOTHING THERE, remember? We were bluffed by our nervous systems. All symptoms are explained by sensitization, and aren't the least bit serious.

The METHOD TO RECOVERY:

Never try to get rid of unwanted thoughts---do the opposite. Do NOTHING to get rid them.
Stop trying to analyze, outrun, distract, deny. Symptoms cannot harm us.
Let the feelings be there---no more trying to work it all out; no more negotiating. Do nothing. Let it all happen.
Loosen body and mind. Quit trying so hard. Sag into the feelings, carry on WITH THEM THERE. This gives the symptoms no energy, and they will eventually lessen and disappear, building confidence. The symptoms are actually the very thing we need for recovery, to practice allowing them to be there whilst carrying on with our lives. Practise coping with self in the midst of fear/panic, no matter how strong the symptoms, and success will follow. Seems counter intuitive, but works like magic.

Time will heal as we practise the above. No expectations. No monitoring time on this journey. No keeping track of the symptoms, nor counting the peaceful days. No trying to figure out what brought on these symptoms. Accept it all, allow it all to be there, the good, bad and the ugly and carry on with the day. Don't wait until feeling better to engage in activities. Carry on with the symptoms there, giving them no energy.

All fatigues, emotional, mental, physical, lift as the adrenals rebuild.
De-sensitized nerves will in time lessen the mental, emotional, physical fatigues, and will re-build WITHOUT the recoiling in fear and the other old exaggerated responses. As the mind quietens, the need for adrenalin lessens. New brain neuron pathways are created, and the mind takes the new route.

It doesn't matter what I am feeling, as long as I don't worry about it. Second fear is keeping us in this state.

Simplistic, but this is the method that is bringing me to recovery.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:17 am

Happy August Everyone,

I wanted to give a quick update on our new website www.stresscenter.com

The forum link from that webpage is not yet activated so traffic in these forums is going to continue to be slow until the web development team activates the link.

I apologize for all of the changes and hiccups.
If you need anything at all please feel free to email me at bootcamp@stresscenter.com

I am always here to help.
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Here is my latest, favorite, online resource. Over the years I have seen how effective amino acid therapy can be for people with anxiety and depression. In this blog you will learn about tryptophan,
5-HTP, GABA, tyrosine, glutamine and DLPA.

See more at: http://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/#s ... NRcMZ.dpuf

Feel free to schedule a free coaching call with me if you would like to talk more about different treatments for anxiety and depression.
Coach Chris

PS-this isn't just for woman :D

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:36 am

Adult coloring books are quite popular this year. Did anybody receive one? Research is showing it's a great way to destress and unwind. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5975832

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:03 am

I am wondering if anybody has experience with weighted blankets helping panic attacks?

"The added weight sewn into blankets stimulates the production of serotonin which, in turn, converts to melatonin, the hormone that tells the body to sleep. Serotonin, often prescribed to those with anxiety, suppresses feelings of unease and boosts our mood. Then, as the melatonin level begins to increase, we feel tired and ready to fall asleep."

http://www.mosaicweightedblankets.com/anxiety-disorder/

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:28 pm

A quick welcome to all of you new peer participants. One of the best ways to benefit from the over 100,000 posts in the forums is to use the search box to seek out specific topics. So for instance if you're needing help with the 6 steps from lesson 2, search '6 steps.' A lot of people search for topics on scary thoughts or sleep. I recommend using the search box because the forums can feel overwhelming and this is one way to make them more simple and user friendly.

Please private message or email bootcamp@stresscenter.com if you have questions on coaching or the program. We are always here to help.
Coach Chris

Alejandro Cortes

Post by Alejandro Cortes » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:39 pm

I understand this won't be an easy path to recovery but I feel like it would be much better if I could speak to someone face to face. I feel like I live in a box everyday and I'm too scare to get out in of what people might say. I go to school and I'm involve in clubs but I never feel like...free. I have always lived under the umbrella of "What will they say" and I'm TIRED of it! I don't want to care about what people have to say, I want to do the things I like when I want. I rent a room at a friends house and I'm too embarrass to go to the kitchen and make something to eat just because of the fear of what his family might say or tell me. Is there someone around my city that I can talk to face to face???

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am

Trudy Scott is one of my favorite researchers and authors for treating anxiety naturally. She mostly talks about diet, amino acids and hormone balancing. Here's a great recent broadcast.

http://balancedbites.com/podcast-episod ... udy-scott/

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue May 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Hello All,

I am excited about the changes to the Help and Hope line. It is now staffed with veteran coaches like myself who have decades of experience helping people navigate through anxiety and depression. The monthly subscription also includes a weekly email packed full of the latest research, tips and tools so you can feel better faster. :)

If you would like to subscribe call or email me!
CoachChris@stresscenter.com
877-438-1010

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 am

Check out our new blog for all of kinds of current research and helpful tools and tips.
http://stresscenterblog.blogspot.com/

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”