Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
coachchris

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 pm

So, having family and friends in town was great fun. I asked everybody to bring some food so I didn't spend a week in the kitchen getting ready. I really enjoy these kind of events so much better now than I used to. I used to be the kind of person that just went around cleaning up and I was not much of a host but over the years I have learned to sit, talk, play games and leave the messes alone. I didn't even sweep the floors until today. Woohoo! They day before the event one of my very best friends called and said she couldn't make it. I haven't seen her and her family in almost a year and was really looking forward to our time together. I found myself thinking that it wouldn't be any fun without them. The weekend was ruined and everyone will be so disappointed she and her family were absent. I found that after about a few minutes of that kind of thinking I was feeling really bad and knew I had to switch into a better attitude. I reminded myself that I would see them at Christmas, everybody else was coming and we would, like we always do, enjoy our time together.

I also wanted to share that these are relationships that I have invested a lot of years into. Through the good and the bad we have grown together. We have held each other accountable in our own personal growth and cheered each other along during both the good and the bad. Look for these kind of positive people around you. People who are willing to be real and also want growth. They are out there. I know because I talk to them everyday! You are one of them :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm

For our veterans. Thank you for your service.

Real Warriors Live Chat—A Real Voice with Real Answers 24/7

http://www.realwarriors.net/livechat

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 am

I have been gone for 4 days traveling to my Grandmother's funeral. She was 96 years old when she passed. She left a great legacy of faith and love along with being an amazing baker. Grandma was also an anxious thinker and I watched her over the years learn how to replace her fears with faith. She was quite a woman. I will miss her but she lives on in my heart and I will see her again.

I plan to also leave a legacy of faith, love and courage. I challenge you today to do better than your parents or grand-parents did. Love better, be more courageous, forgive more, take better care of your finances and your health. Leave a legacy that can be built on. I know you are all people who want more. Keep wanting it. Life is too short to fall short. Take today one moment at a time, be positive and inch your forward....courageously!

Here to help,
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 am

It's been an emotional few weeks. The day before Thanksgiving our 13 year old miniature black schnauzer, Katie, had a stroke and we had to put her to sleep. I was so thankful that my husband and all of the kids were home for the Holiday. It all happened very quickly and she wasn't in any pain. The hard part has been going out on my run without her in the mornings and climbing into bed at night. Everyday has been a better day. I am thankful for all of the great times we had together. You are missed.

Over the years I have learned to celebrate everyday. Don't miss a smile, the sunshine, the smell of a flower. Get out there and live your life.

Here to help,
Coach Chris

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 am

Hey Everyone! I have exciting news. Lucinda's new book, Truth Be Told, is coming out March 5th. Here is a link to her new Internet talk show she does every Thursday. Click on the 12/06 show. She courageously shares about the sexual abuse she experienced as a young child. She has never talked about this before and I continue to admire her mission to help others and be a voice of truth. If you are an adult child of an alcoholic and or experienced suicide in your family this new book will inspire and bring hope. You can also find her on facebook. I will also post that link below too.

http://latalklive.com/new/truth-be-told

http://www.facebook.com/lbtruthbetold?fref=ts

We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

After the tragedy in Newtown, I know there are many questions and not a lot of answers. Two thing we always want to remember when things like this happen: First, we don't know the 'whole' story and we probably never will. Second, their story is not our story. We are good thinkers. We have a healthy mind and we are learning to choose positive, truthful thoughts. We have control of our story, our present moment and the direction we want our thought life to grow.

Be courageous and hope-filled and like Lucinda says; "Go live YOUR life!"

Merta1234

Post by Merta1234 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Coach(chris) I wrote u on my page but i dont know how to get it to u . Can u go in my account and get it?

Martha Larson

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Happy New Year Everyone.

Let's commit to making 2013 a year of courage, growth and healing.

We are here to help make that happen.

You are amazing!

Merta1234

Post by Merta1234 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Coach Chris,
I can not figure how to write u or compose a message to u. So i will write it here. I have had anxiety real bad the last few days , maybe a couple weeks cause i havent been able to take my walks cause it is so cold. So I have a key to the fitness center where i live and today was the first day i used it i was so scared to go. I was trying to listen to my cd #4 tape and I kept getting negative thought. But I am proud of myself cause i faced one of my fears. I worked on it for 35 mins. The Treadmill. It is true evxercise does help. I made myself go and do this. I also feel good when i read the scriptures and pray.

Will you please tell me how to write you? Composing messages? PMing you Et?

Thank You

Mrartha (Merta)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Martha,

Thank you for your post and great work getting out and making positive choices. I love the exercise. Keep it up.

Why don't you try and email me at stresscoachmattice@gmail.com through your normal email provider or post your email address if you are comfortable with that and I can contact you that way too.

I also private messaged you again. That will be in your inbox here on the forum page. To respond to that just hit reply at the top of the message page once you get it open.

I hope that makes sense. Keep working your program:)

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”