Ask Coach Chris

Gather information about the coaching program. Read posts from coaches. Comment on your coaching experience.
coachchris

Re: Ask Coach Chris

Post by coachchris » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:41 am

Juststand,

Thank you for the post. I am thrilled to hear that you have the program. It will provide the tools and the knowledge so that you can break this bad habit. You are stuck in a lie (I obsessed about my health for 10 years) and acknowledging that we can't trust our negative thoughts is key to letting this go and under-reacting. Lesson 9 is really good for helping with obsessive worries. It teaches us to postpone compulsive behaviors even if just for 10 seconds. During the posting time you use lots of truthful statements and practice your relaxation techniques. Little by little you extend your exposure time. Another big truth for us is surrendering control. There is always that 1% chance that we choose to tune into and exaggerate. We have to choose to live. We just don't want to survive anymore.

Taking a good multi-vitamin with plenty of B-s and a good fish oil is very important. I do like the relaxation and sleep formula because rest is so important for stress reduction.

I highly recommend we have a free coaching call together. I know what it is like to be stuck and obsessive. I can help you get out of this permanently. This takes time and lots and lots of practice but can do it.

Here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Juststand2

Post by Juststand2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:40 am

Hi Coach Chris,
Thank you for responding back to my questions. I just started taking a GNC fish oil tablet. I am currently on day-3 and I am trying to establish a routine and take it every day. I do not have a multi-vitamin yet. I read online that OCD people are not supposed to take a folic acid supplement. I guess I need to look around and find a mult-vitamin without folic acid, but with B vitamins. I sent you a PM regarding setting up my free coaching session that comes with the program. I tried to take inisitol a B vitamin for OCD, but it upset my stomach. I just started reading session 3 and giving myself positive affirmations instead of negatives items. I am trying to do this, relax-use CD methods, and the deep breathing. Juststand2

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Taco,

I sent you a private message :)

Thank you!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Remember Everybody...this is all about baby steps. We tend to be global, giant thinkers and get overwhelmed quickly by our 'shoulds' and expectations. Pause. Take a breath. Commit to the next, little, doable action. Don't get caught up in what next week will look like, stay present moment and inch your way forward. Next week will be better than this week. I promise!

You are courageous and strong!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Under-react and slow down...

A few days ago I locked my keys in the car with my phone and the dog! I was out going to the bank, then the grocery for onions to make chili. I was in a hurry and not focusing. After I realized what I did, I decided to under-react and think about how I was going to fix this. I was in the grocery a few minutes when I remembered I had lowered the window of the passenger side to let some air in for our black miniature schnauzer. I went back out to the car to see how low the window was. Thankfully, it was low enough for me to get a long stick in there to leverage the door handle and get it open. Whew! I was happy I under-reacted and didn't push a ton of adrenalin and stress chemicals. I stayed calm, asked myself; 'what is the worst thing that could happen' and made my way through it. I have also slowed this week down some and am focusing on staying more present moment. When things get too busy around me it creates more stress. I get more done and feel better at a slower pace.

Lessons' 13 and 14 were so helpful in teaching me these tools. Stay committed to your program. Get through all of the lessons so you can learn the knowledge you need to have healthy reactions to everyday happenings!

We are here to help!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm

If you have recently tried to create a login ID and it has been delayed we apologize. We have switched some things around and this has affected the registration process. We should have this fixed soon. If you need to get a hold of me you can email me at stresscoachmattice@gmail.com.

We are here to help

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 am

If you are needing more help with positive self talk pick up Dr. Shad Helmstetter's book, What to Say When You Talk to Yourself.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm

The holidays are around the corner. This can be an interesting time for many of us. It's going to be important to manage expectations, keep an eye on your schedule and choose a good attitude when you go into those sensitive family events. Reviewing lessons' 4, 13 and 14 can be a positive, proactive plan. Remind yourself what it is that you value about this time of the year and keep your focus there. We have family and friends coming into town this weekend. I will let you know how my week progresses. Starting with getting some things de-cluttered and putting a menu together. It should be fun!

Here to help
Coach Chris..

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello Everyone,

If you are undecided about purchasing the program here is a great research publication on the efficacy of StressCenter Combatting Stress and Depression Program program.

"These studies, and my own, have found that Lucinda’s self-care, and telephonic coaching, programs are two to five times more effective in helping people recover from their anxieties and depression than outpatient psychotherapy." Ed Pigott Ph.D.

This information may also be helpful to pass on to your therapist, counselor or physician.

http://www.stresscenter.com/images/prog ... per_cm.pdf

We are here to help.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 am

I just heard this: "Suicide is the No. 1 cause of injury-related death in U.S." It's especially high among our military personnel as well. Here is a link for signs to watch for if you have a loved one you are concerned about. http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0, ... essionmen2

Please email or message if you have any questions or concerns. stresscoachmattice@gmail.com
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

Return to “Personal Coaching Program”