its bacckkk:(

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
RACHELLOOK

Post by RACHELLOOK » Sat May 03, 2008 6:54 am

Hi everyone
Ive been done with the program for over a year now and have been feeling great although i feel like its has never completly went away I have been able to manage it and was not afraid of my thoughts anymore(I always had a problem with the thought of losing my mind)i would actually luagh about it till now. For the past week i have been experiencing extreme scary thought and body symptoms and I cant seem to get myself out of it im am so scared that I am going to be back to square one i feel like all i want to do is cry i am clueless as to what is triigering it. i havent felt this way in soo long has this ever happened to anyone?? please
help.

Post by 4202 » Sat May 03, 2008 7:11 am

Is it near the time you started having anxiety a year ago? anything going on at home/work/school that is stressful? It could be many reasons for feeling some anxiety but don't allow it to control you. You know what it is and can stop it before it goes back to the lowest point you were at before the program. Continue to think positive, allow yourself a few days to feel this way and move on. I never thought it would come back , I suffered 8 years ago, then in Sept it came back. I am doing much better now.... but I know that it may come but I have the tools to not allow it to control me again

hopehound

Post by hopehound » Sat May 03, 2008 7:16 am

Dear Rachel,
Hi! I know it's difficult to feel your heading down the same path again. But I too have been thru the program and felt setbacks. Don't let this scare you. You have the program, get right back with it. Start it again. I review the program often. I know sometimes we don't even know what triggers anxiety in our lives, but don't worry just dig back in to the program.
We need to review it always helps and it will help you again. Someone said we make a choice whether to be happy or not. Choose to be Happy.
I know too that is easier said than done when you have anxiety and depression. But tell yourself everyday I WILL CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY.
Say it several times a day. I am reading a great book called BECOME A BETTER YOU BY JOEL OSTEEN. I'm reccommending it to everyone. It is so positive and I have written some of the positives in a spiral notebook and read them everyday. This has really helped me. Have you been writing your scary thoughts down and replacing them with comforting more positive thoughts. You really need to do this it will help. I wish you the Best of Luck and you will be fine we all have setbacks at times. It will be ok.
Your Friend
Angla
ANGELS CAN FLY BECAUSE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES LIGHTLY

Post by Guest » Sat May 03, 2008 7:19 am

Diggy Thank you so much for ur quick reply it means so much to know that I am not alone and that others have gone through it. it so strange cause i know tha to am doing it to myself like I wake up in the morning and the first thing that I think is "am I going to have anxiety today and that just starts me off" I just want it to go away I dont really like growth spurts too much ;)

Post by Guest » Sat May 03, 2008 7:21 am

Hi, I can totally relate, I have been battling w/anxiety and panic attacks for about 20 yrs. started in my early teens. I can go years w/no episodes then out of the blue somthing triggers it (I too do not know what triggers it)and I will be in full force anxiety and panic attack mode. It happened most recently this dec. at work, each time there are different symptoms I go through this time it was scary thoughts, shakiness, not feeling connected to myself, nauseous and heart palpitations all new feelings to me but very real, I have not yet started the entire program but pieces of it, I don't want to be let down if it does'nt work for me ( stupid I know) I do find journaling, relaxation tapes and prayer to work and definitely keeeping busy! I hope you know you are not alone and what I keep telling myself is this too shall pass! Be positive and keep your spirits up.

epa

Post by epa » Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 am

vegas girl you sound just like me your symptoms and everything the best part is thats all i have been saying to myself that this too shall pass.
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

marygold

Post by marygold » Sat May 03, 2008 7:52 pm

I think it may be that I don't find the time to devote to the program every day, but I am at the end of it and am having such a relapse. I still believe that I am less or weaker than others due to this anxiety and the bad choices I have made in my life because of it. Not to mention the big life moments that were grayed due to this condition. Why do other people go through life always doing the right thing and being content? And in my profession, being less than perfect, which I am of course, is a sin. That's hard. What do you do to finally feel at peace and forgive yourself?

Post by Guest » Sun May 04, 2008 12:11 am

Rachellook,

I think the answer lies in your words.....what is the first thing you say to yourself when you wake up? "Am I going to have anxiety today?" You are asking yourself a question that gives you the option to be anxious and you set yourself up to be anxious by asking yourself that. One thing we learn in this program is to take control of our thoughts and empower them with our words. If you must, put a notebook with positive phrases right next to your bed and when you wake up...read them outloud to yourself...let them be phrases like...I am in control of what I think. I am strong and I have the skills to overcome anxiety. I get to choose what I think. I am calm. I am relaxed. I will have a good day today. I am my own safe person. I am the lock and I am the key. The strength I need for today is inside me. I have been down this road before and I am not frightened of it...I know the path....etc. Put some more of those phrases on your bathroom mirror, the fridge, by the tv, by the door...places you go by often and say them outloud to yourself. I think it is a very good idea to review the program.

Somewhere before a week ago you were entertaining thoughts that have brought you here. The truth still remains the truth....it cannot hurt you and you control it. You let it run your daily life and thoughts or you take control of it. You get to decide how you respond. You said that it never completely went away but you were able to control it....I see that like a splinter in your hand.....you got most of it out, the big part that was hurting and bothersome, but left just a little tiny piece in your hand...nothing big. It didn't bother you nearly as much as the big splinter so you lived with it most days comfortably. But still even the little bit will fester and come up eventually and demand to be dealt with. This is an opportunity to use your skills learned and take control completely. You can be totally free from it.

I have had this anxiety for 30 years....since I was 17. I got the program almost four years ago and really just kinda skimmed through it and didn't put much effort into it. It sat in the box and was hardly touched for almost two years. I listened to a tape or two, looked through the homework, viewed a video lesson or two. Somehow it made me feel better just to have it in the house. It wasn't until I got serious and decided to do the program daily and be committed to finishing it that it did any good for me. Kinda like being hungry and having a plate placed in front of you full of good food but never raising your hand to feed it to yourself. The answers and skills are attainable through this program but you have to feed it to yourself like the instructions say. You have it all right inside yourself waiting to be tapped into and used. Be committed and do the work.....everyday you will find new strength and your skills will become automatic and the fear and anxiety will stop. It takes some time and lots of practice but it does work if you will do the work. View it like weight lifting....everytime you push that weight out you strengthen that muscle but it takes time to see the results....and it takes work and there is pain involved....you have to push all the way through. Your freedom waits for you.

I am free and I will never let anxiety rule over me again. My life is sweet and full of peace and calm.....something I really believed I could never have. Don't settle for less. Work hard. Be free.

I wish you lots of encouragement and great success Rachellook.....may you find the beginning of your path to freedom and may you walk on it daily!!!! And then I pray your path would be an encouragement to those who walk behind you.

Godspeed.

Post by Guest » Wed May 14, 2008 10:14 am

Thanks you guys for this encouragement--I needed it. I started the program almost a year ago. Finished last September and was doing really great. BUT within the past two months I'm hearing/feeling whispers of panic thoughts again. It's not like it was before and I've been using my skills and tools which makes me feel good. BUT it still rears it's ugly head.

Dianelynn's post is a good one. It's the daily reminders (and sometimes hourly/minute reminders) that help us and I've got to get back to that. I'm relistening to tapes and journaling . Those both work great for me. Diggy, you also said something that struck me-it has been a year since I started THINKING about ordering the program. I feel better already! : )

Thanks again! Peace to everyone on this day.

Post by Guest » Thu May 15, 2008 3:48 pm

This program was an actual miracle answer to prayer for me. I went through the program about two years ago. I have had a personal coach for the past year. After going through the program with a coach and a group I had hoped to become a coach. Then my life went through a major change. I now am helping my son raise his girls 7 and 9. My 35 year old daughter who was a crack addict, has had a beautiful baby girl(four weeks old), and we are celebrating life.

Yes, the panic attacks continue for me. The beautiful thing that I have learned is that you make it through them.
It's like the parable of when Jesus was in the boat with the disciples, the wind came up, they thought they were going to capsize. He was asleep in the back of the boat. ((No worries there!) They woke him up. He said, "It'll be OK." (My paraphrase.) And suddenly they were at the other shore.
Panic attacks are like that. You have them. You sail through them (or grind your way through them) and then you are on the other side. In my case, they haven't gone away. But I am no longer traumatized my them. I know it is a condition over which I have little control. I leave my life in God's hands and do the best I can.
Good luck to you as you learn to deal with yours. I have found that having them has made me a much more compassionate person. I am able to help others not to be so scared of them. Just knowing they are there, and we aren't going crazy has been a terrific help.
Carol S.

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”