help! anxiety back after a year

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Boy MsPurple, I really needed to read this today. I'm so sick of the ups and downs. I'm on this lesson "growth spurts" for the 2nd time now. Definitely feeling like I must be in some kind of growth spurt but it feels like more of a setback. Goes to show we can't go by our feelings. You may be right about anxiety never completely going away. I do hope I'll handle it better than I have been. I pray I can get over these hurdles of ups and downs. I was very frustrated today when StressCenter.com called and suggested I counsel with Lucinda for a mere $700 for 1 hour or 4 sessions for $2000. I'm sorry but I've already thrown away more than that. Excuse me I don't mean thrown away because I do have all the tools. It's just some days my tools don't work as good as they should. Hmmm...wonder if carpenters ever say the same thing?? Well thank you for your help. See I probably could and do get as much help from the free forums and help chat.

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I always admired Lucinda for all she's done but lost respect for her after that phone call today. I guess there will be some people who bite and may get helped. I'll concentrate on what I have now and know that there will always be bad days. Hopefully they will be less and less. Oh and when I said I need to concentrate more on God's word the person said, "well that's fine for the spiritual part". No, I think that's been the problem...putting all of this before God!
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:56 pm

what Phone call?

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that taking medication is not a failure, but I can certainly understand that way of thinking as I thought similarly. I also agree that this program subtly discourages the use of medication..or gives false hope that one day you can be off of them, but I don't think that's taking into account how different everyone is. You are no less determined or strong if you need medication to help you through this.

natalief

Post by natalief » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:47 am

hi,
i know that some of us even after we finish the program needs meds in small doses because of being diagnoise dwith a chemicla imblaance . me being one of them..and, its ok if you need the to get you through what ever you need..just thought i would throw that in..takecare and have a good day and be blessed.
don
do not sweat the small stuff. its all small stuff..(writer unknown)

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:52 am

Thanks Shal and Don for your kind words. I am doing better, and am back on the dose of Paxil I was on through most of 2007. I am tapering off the small amount of valium I have been using at bedtime, but I have to do this very slowly. Those of us who are doing the program ARE working on changing our thinking and behaviors. It is not like we are just letting the medication do its thing and leave everything the same. We are working hard and we shouldn't beat ourselves up. The luckiest thing happened...my therapist is moving out of state, and I have had two appointments with a new therapist that I think will be much much better for me! I am not sure why I stuck with the old one for so long. Between the program program, medication, and my therapist...the old therapist was the least helpful. I am so excited about this new relationship. Thanks for your support.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:31 am

Cindy V, The phone call I was talking about was from StressCenter.com. They were trying to talk me into sessions with Lucinda for $700 an hour. Way far out of my range. The money spent for this program and 2nd time the coaching was plenty of money for me. I've thought it over. Do I regret it no. Would I do it again? Probably. I must realize we're not all alike. Some of us it may take doing this program many times just like some of us may never get off meds. Some people may have the money to pay Lucinda and that's their right. My coach did say there are people doing it. I apologize for saying I lost respect for Lucinda. She is trying to help. Its just to me, that IS a lot of money.

The book *D* is talking about "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff..and its all small stuff" is by Richard Carlson, ph.d I just found it and think I'll read a little.

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”