Feel the fear and do it anyway??!!!!

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
honeydew3

Post by honeydew3 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 am

Is feeling the fear and doing it anyway the only way to overcome your fears of the symptoms??? I have been doing just that but they are not completely going away....is it just time. I am not very patient..I am trying!!! Any thoughts on this???

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:42 am

Honeydew...It does take time...I know it can become very frustrating, but, you must be patient and kind with yourself!!!

Are you self talking and truly embracing the fear?
Or are you wishing it would just go away!!!

Are you using your positive self talk, and replacing those negative thoughts with the truth...more realistic positive thoughts????

Are you practicing your deep breathing exercises????

It really does take time to overcome the fear of panic attacks, since the body symptoms are very frightening!!!

When you say they are not completely going away...Do you mean you still have them, but, less often, and not as severe???

You need to realize that you cannot have a feeling without a thought, first...

Ask yourself these questions, and see if that helps in any way!!!

I pray you have a wonderful day showered with blessings from on High!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 am

BTW...Reward yourself for the accomplishments you have made. Look back and see how far you have actually come!!!

Do your journalizing and monitor your progress!!!
I am sure you have made oodles of it, and are not giving yourself enough credit, here!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:59 am

;)
Hello mrs. bones, you know i have been off the program for over a year, Although I still see my councelor, I have lost my job and I had sergery almost three weeks ago on my ear. other than that with the anxiety i've been doing great, and yesterday after all this time I had a bad day :eek: maybe i said something to the councelor, i don't know what triggered the anxiety but all the old feelings came back, I was scared i did self talk and encouragement, I was driving, and my legs went numb and my eyes were not focused and i could not breath, my heart started pounding, i told myself come on you know these feelings it will pass, I hav'nt had one in a long time and i said would of this or would of that, So i made it worse, i pulled over, and tried to calm myself now lets keep in mind i just came from my counselors office, I called my husband at work, they said he left i thought to my self im going to die all by my self, just the drove in the drive way, I told him what was going on he took me to the emergency room and after four hours of testing they found nothing wrong (thank you LORD) I am also almost five year's of cancer free. So here I am again I am going to go thru the program again to refresh my self, Right now times are tough, and I know I will get thru this, I always say to myself This to will pass, God helps those who help themselfs. Take Care ;)all, ;)

Kathy1365

Re: Feel the fear and do it anyway??!!!!

Post by Kathy1365 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm

I've been through the program a few times, with much success. However my last remaining limitation is not being able to fly. The tape says to feel the fear and do it anyway. Well, I'm just not to that point yet. What compounded this was that I didn't go on a wonderful class reunion to Europe because of this. So I've been extremely disappointed in myself. I wonder if I'll ever be able to go back: it's been 40 years. Anyone else experience something like this? I will go on a short flight in the next couple of months with my counselor. I really hope I can do it. This really affects your life. You miss many opportunities. Very sad. Any suggestions?

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”