Major Setback -will this Session help?

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
DebDeb

Post by DebDeb » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 am

HI All

I am SO anxious. I have been experiencing a huge setback in my anxiety level.
My mother is in the hospital, AND my mother in law is in the hospital too.
Will this session help to calm me down?
I am not sleeping very well, feeling tired upon awakening, and feeling wired at night.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:01 pm

DebDeb,
Remember all the progress you have made and give yourself a lot of positive feedback. Having family and friends in the hospital is a major stressor. Of course you will feel some anxiety, stress and depression. YOU are human. Listen to the relaxation CD often and get some real time to yourself to decompress and really relax, even when others need you. You need yourself as well.
Breathe 2-4, 2-4, 2-4.
Good wishes to you.
Chuckie.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:44 am

Thanks Chuckie

I just feel so 'not in control' You know the saying when it rains it pours? I can't seem to find anything positive right now with so many depressing issues going on. She may have a blockage in her heart.
Right now I am trying to focus on helping my mother feel better. But like you said I do need to find time for myself. I am feeling tired, and
anxious. She needs me right now to help her but between work, going to the hospital for over 4 hours at a time, and driving back home, I am stressed. Everything is on hold for me until we find out further information at her cardiologist appt.
I am trying to run errand for her, get her food, make sure she is ok, call her doctors, take her to her appts & fit this all into my schedule. But there is just so much time in a day.
I am going to use the relaxation cd and just tell myself that things WILL get better. I am trying to be hopeful and have a positive outlook. But it is hard to not feel anxious when someone close to you is sick.
I can't even make vacation plans right now & I can really use some time off to destress.:(

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”