Last week - hurray!

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 am

Well today I listened to session 15 about growth spurts and I was happy to learn that I'm still "green" and not "perfect" as I thought maybe I should be when I ended the program, seeing other people's testimonies I was getting a little concerned.

I feel I've come a long way but still have a very long way to go. When Tammy from the program mentioned that she was only 2 months out of the program and Lucinda said she was still green and it will take a while for things to cement in, it totally made sense and made me feel a whole lot better!

I know I have a way to go, and I'm looking forward to taking those opportunities so that I can get past my issues.

After all, I've learned my habits throughout my life, I just can't expect to unlearn everything in a few months. I know it's going to take some time to re-learn how to live in a new way.

I am now at the stage where I feel like, "I'm done with this program and I know I'll be listening to the CD's again, but in the meantime I feel like I need to do something with my life, although I'm not sure what."

Anybody feeling this way?
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Dearest Shifrah,
The more time you spend doing the "positive thinking" after finishing the program, the better you will feel!!!

It takes a little while to catch all those "negative thoughts", since, there are sooo many of them going through one's mind, daily....

I always and still do wear a rubber band on my wrist. When I catch my self thinking a negative thought, I flip the band to bring myself back into the present.

Make sure to continue with the deep breathing exercises, and get out there and take action.

I am sooo proud of you finishing the program. So many people lose their ambition, and just quit...You are not a quitter, that is for sure!!!

I pray you have a wonderful night...God Bless

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2009 2:55 pm

BTW..I always have felt that I needed to do more with my life, and have never been sure what that really was....

I think my mission in life is to help others, since, it makes me feel sooo good on the inside.

I enjoy coming to this site and encouraging others...

I think you were cut out to be a dietitian.. :?

You will figure it out, Shifrah. One day it will come to you, and you will just know it!!!

In the meantime; I suggest you enjoy your new-found freedom....Love Ya Bunches..God Bless

Post by Guest » Thu May 07, 2009 3:15 am

Hey Shifrah,
I too have been wanting to do something with my life. My girls are getting older and I would like to go back to work.

The thought of going back really scared me so I mentioned it to my counselor. She said "you could volunteer". I thought that was a great idea but I was still a little anxious about.

Well I really believe that God opens doors for us. We just have to be ready to listen.

So.. I was at my Mothers beauty Shop on Saturday.
She recently made some changes at the shop. For the first time...I think ever..I thought about helping her out.

I have a hard time with commitment and being obligated to do something. It's fear of failure,
really.

Anyway..she thought it was a great idea. The good part about it is. I'm going to do it until my girls are out of school and I will set my own hours. I will just be voluntering.

I think Lucinda's right when she talked about being in control but in a "Good Way". I think the key is knowing we have a way out..Just in case...we need to leave a situation.

I believe you will find something you like. It might take some time and you might have to try different things. Like me I'm only trying this for about a month(until schools out). Then I might go back in the fall when school starts again. I'm thankful I can do it that way.

I don't know your situation. If you have to work now or not. If you have to work right now...try and look at it like it's not forever. I can change jobs if I want to. This doesn't have to be set in stone. I do have the choice. You are in control.

Hope that helps. Good-luck on your journey. remember to make it fun. Like Lucinda says...Enjoy the ride :)

Ivan28

Post by Ivan28 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:15 am

That's a great suggestion Ms. T - rubberband! My boys used to put those on their wrists so they could have an impromptu rubberband fight! So we have an abundance of them lying around here.

Karen, that is great. I too have thought about getting some work somewhere. There is a produce market opening up near me. Problem is we only have one car.

I appreciate those replies! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about this kind of stuff.

Post by Guest » Mon May 11, 2009 9:26 am

Congratulations, shifrah!
I suppose you've officially been thru' the program now!
You are a graduate!

After you take a needed break and rest up, you will be able to help many others. You are so bright and so gifted.

Thank you for sharing these 15 weeks. You have given much and I learned a lot from you. I look forward to hearing more from you and wish you much health and peace in weeks to come.
Thanks for being here.
MJ

Post by Guest » Thu May 21, 2009 6:39 am

Heh everyone, I too am a veteran of the program with a lot of success. I completed the program many years ago, and have continued to apply what I learned whenever I went through a rough patch. Well, lately I seem to be cycling through a pretty rough time, and the return of symptoms is really scary because I am a teacher. It is sooooo hard to stand in front of a class and talk when your anxiety is hitting the ceiling! :eek: But, I have to do it...and so I do. The past 2 1/2 years have been extremely challenging for me personally, and yet I think I applied my skills and handled it all beautifully. My dad passed away suddenly, I sold my condo and bought a house, I found out in January that I was going to be sued (frivously I might add), had my jaw dislocated by a dentist and became involved in a medical malpractice case, and finally, a student flipped out in my class, put his arm through a sheet of glass and severed all of the arteries in his arm. I had to give first aid, a tournequet, until the paramedics arrived. And to top it off, my relationship of nearly 6 years just ended! Honestly, I don't think people have this much stress in a lifetime...and I had it all in the last 2 years! The truth is, I really did handle it extremely well.....all of it....but in these last few months I have started having panic episodes again. I am also going through a depression I think. Iam doing my best, but I feel so alone. Does anyone have any encouragement for me? I would really appreciate it, June

Post by Guest » Thu May 21, 2009 9:56 am

Hello June:
First of all, I want to congratualte you on handling all those situations as well as you did.
And right now I just want to say: hang in there! It is probably catching up with you now.
I don't have any sage advice because you know what the skills are.
You know to go thru' the program again.
I would add that there is spiritual help for times such as these. Which is what gets me thru' some painful times. And I bet we all get those painful times one way or another.
I think that faith in a higher power gets me thur'. And my higher power is Jesus Christ.

In these unessy times I have family out of work.
They get discourages. And I point them to the promises in the Book that I rever.

For relaxation, I don't know of anything that helps me much more than reading the Psalms.

I'm also a believer in relaxation cd's as well.
Guided imagery.
I ordered some of those.
But when I think of it, they don't help anymore than some of the Psalms.
But I suppose you'd have to believe for it to work.
Anyway, I'm proud of you. You've done so well.
And I'll sure say some prayers for you.
May you find peace.
Blessings!!
MaryJane

Post by Guest » Thu May 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Cornflower - thank you for your kind words! They mean a lot!

June - that is quite a lot you went through for sure. Like Cornflower said, use the tools, maybe you could take a refresher course. I was just listening to disc 8 today on anticipatory anxiety. I found it really helpful.

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 2:52 am

Dear Cornflower and Shifrah, I so appreciate your responses...just coming to the community boards helps a lot. Yesterday I allowed myself to cry...alot....which I usually do not do, and it relieved a lot of my pent up stress and emotions. I went to dinner with a friend last night and was sharing with her about my recent bout with panicky feelings...she reminded me that I have had a 'motherload' of stressors (I forgot to add, if you can believe it, that I also had several surgeries in the past 2 years as well :?) and she and I basically agreed with what you said Cornflower, that the load is just catching up with me now. So, already I am doing better just talking about it, reviewing my tapes and most of all, just accepting that I feel anxiety some times. As bad as my recent panic was, and as uncomfortable as it was...I lived through it, even when it happened when I was teaching...and so I know that this too shall pass. I am a spiritual woman as well with a deep faith. The Lord has ALWAYS shown me that He is with me, and so you are right there too....the Psalms are another great comfort. Well, it is a sunny day here in New Jersey :cool: so I am going to continue to make the best of my life. I hope and pray that you all have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. Thanks again for your encouragement...I will be checking in on the boards again next week when I get back to work.. God Bless, June

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”