Last week - hurray!

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 2:59 am

Also Mary Jane, I will pray for your family, and hope that life provides them with solid work soon :) June

Post by Guest » Fri May 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Thank you so much , June!!! I apprectiate your prayers.
And I'll say prayers for you.
Take care.
MJ

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Shifrah,

I know what you mean. I recently finished the program and I know Lucinda suggests taking a two week break when you finish, but I just couldn't. I searched the forum and found a posting about this book, What to Say When You Talk to Yourself by Shad Helmstetter and I read through it so fast. It gave me direction when I didn't know what to do with myself. So now, I'm going to listen to each of the sessions many more times in the order I feel I need them. I'm also working on what Helmstetter suggests, making audio tapes of positive self talk. His book is like learning session 3 in much more detail. I think that's something anyone would benefit from. He really explains so well how our subconscious gets trained by negative thoughts and influenced by negative people when we don't realize it. And he shows you how to retrain it.
I've made the tapes and written out my own positive self talk dialogue and I'm amazed how it's working so far. I think that's the glue that cemented all that I learned in the program for me. Why not give it a try?

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Thank you Juno. I also took a 2 week information vacation and am back to listening to the CD's again, one a day in order, except for #1 and a couple others that don't really apply.

I am going to write down that book. I really appreciate you posting it!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:47 am

Well I completed last week as well....it has been two weeks and most times I feel great but it sneaks up here and there...
I am planning a wedding that is only 2 weeks away at this point and house shopping, both that are stressful in and of itself. Though it is happy stress it is still stress. I plan on making one CD with all the subjects that are for me this way I can pop it in the CD player while driving. That is when I have the most panic. I juse cannot wait until I can honesly say "I cannot remember the last time I had panic" that will be so nice.. Good luck to all and keep up the great work we can all do it...

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 am

Ms. T Bones, I truly enjoy your encouraging posts to this site. I just finished week 15, guess that makes me a graduate. I am sooo much better but have a ways to go. I have yet to face my one remaining demon of driving distances and on freeways. Any suggestions? I don't worry about hurting myself, just others, especially children. Anyway, you really help people so keep the posts coming!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:37 am

Paula can we trade places lol?

I also had the driving thing, I think I might have it licked but I am sure a little anxiety could happen on a longer trip. I think just knowing those tools to take care of the anxiety when it does happen makes it so worth it!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:43 am

hello all, I finished the program last year in Feb. it's been awile, and i felt great. I got anxiety when my mother died 2 years ago, and boy did i get it bad. this program helped me but i went thru a job loss and had a surgery and money is tight, my feelings started to come back, I was driving yesterday and yes boom anxiety, i talked to myself, I finally had to pull over, my eyes felt crossed and i felt faint my legs were numb, as i sat there helpless for about 10 minutes or so i was'nt far from home, so i drove slow, concentrating on the road and my breathing, I think it was on of the worst i have had, I called my husband at work, I hate bothering him at work, they said he left and he just pulled in the driveway i was so releaved, he took me to the emergency room were we sat for four hours they did all kinds of test on me I am almost five year cancer free, so we waited for test results and im still having a hard time breathing and focusing, and geusse what they could not find a thing wrong with me. so i am starting the program all over again. although i have listened frome time to time to favorite lessons i'm going to start fresh, what ever you do don't challenge anxiety, becouse I did and it came back. I told my self im done with it i could never get those feelings again, but this time i hope to be stronger than ever at peace with myself, I know times are tough, but i need to get toughter hang in there baby, i tell myself, and it will all get better i thank god for what i have my husband, and exspecially my daughter and i don't ever want her to be this way.. take care all

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”