Fearing a Growth Spurt

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
feelingbetter01

Fearing a Growth Spurt

Post by feelingbetter01 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm

After this Program, it'll be helpful to remember that I cause my anxiety. Since I decide how I react, I'll choose not to succumb to my feelings of anxiety and depression. The feelings may still be there, but this is a knee-jerk reaction and the remedy is simply practicing my new skills. I've been losing sleep over the anticipation of finishing this Program mostly because I'm not completely comfortable with my new skills. I don't feel they're strong enough. I will focus on and continue to practice what I've learned, including positive self talk and assertive behavior, knowing the role external stimuli play in my ability to handle everyday stress. I know that perfection and failure are illusions. I know that guilt, worry and obsessing are a complete waste of time. My panic is just a reaction to the untruths I believe about myself. I am looking forward to my future. I am counting my blessings. I will not fear a growth spurt, like panic attacks that have now disappeared from my life, I can only and will deal with them as they come. Some anxiety may still linger, but it will no longer control my life. It will take its proper place as motivator and not inhibitor. I am grateful for this insight and thank this Program for opening my eyes!
Last edited by feelingbetter01 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

coachchris

Re: Fearing a Growth Spurt

Post by coachchris » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Well done :)

mtassinari

Re: Fearing a Growth Spurt

Post by mtassinari » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey well put feelingbetter! I also feel like my skills are not strong enough but I am starting to realize that growth spurts are the way to get stronger! I really like the stuff you wrote and I will keep it in mind the next time I hit a growth spurt.

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”