Growth spurt after 3 years of feeling good

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
allie76

Growth spurt after 3 years of feeling good

Post by allie76 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Began a growth spurt about a month ago after getting out of a 15 year relationship and having a baby. About a month and half after having my baby girl I just woke up with a sleeping doubt again. Well it's been 23 days since and have lost minimal amounts of sleep due to taking this fear seriously. I have been being patient and trying to not let my imagination take off in the negative direction. It's difficult at times but having the baby and trying to end another unhealthy relationship is scary. I don't want to let my 10, and 11 year old down by having the anxiety. Being patient and trusting that I can get through this again:)

coach21

Re: Growth spurt after 3 years of feeling good

Post by coach21 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey Allie76,

I can identify with your post because I've experienced growth spurts of which you described. Also, being employed as a coach I've helped many help themselves work through these "growth spurts". Through these experiences I have found that we are not immune to our old ways of reacting; especiallly during time of unmanaged stress. The good news is you have worked your way out of anxiety and are fully capable of working your way through again. I have found through working my way through these spurts results in a better understanding of my anxiety and development of emotional muscle. Feel free to e-mail me through this site or directly at mikesc21@hotmail.com for support. God bless

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 pm

HI Allie,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. It's great to hear you under-reacting and truth-telling. You are right on track. Keep your selftalk simple and positive. Focus on being thankful and in the present moment. You are taking control of your life and getting stronger through your experience!! You are amazing:)

Let us know if you need anything.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

findpeace

Post by findpeace » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:12 am

I have started Lesson 15 myself. I will take a couple of weeks off and will start through the 15 lessons again.

allie76

Post by allie76 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 am

I have been concentrating on lessons 3, 4, 8,10 and sometimes 14 and 15. I'm just doing some touch ups and I'm feeling better. I think I just took a doubt way to seriously and thought that if I actually were to lose sleep that worse things were going to happen. Which I think is just a memory from last time. I did not go back to square one, it's only been one month and I'm back to sleeping 7to 9 hours hours and this time I haven't lost a full nights sleep at all. I realize it's not going to hurt me if I get less I will just get sleep later when body is tired. I am slowly getting better just like last time I went through this I'm just being patient :)

allie76

Post by allie76 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 pm

So I have a sleep anxiety and it might seem odd but I get anxious when I see everybody falling asleep and I'm the only one awake. So that leads me to get extremely anxious when it gets to late when I go to bed. So in trying to get over this I am slowly trying to stay up later. Well last night I had no choice but to stay up late due to an emergency with my sister's niece. Long story short I get home around midnight making me a little uncomfortable, when I get home I end up getting in an aguement with my boyfriend who I have put off breaking up with due to beIng nervous about being alone. It's not a healthy relationship and I was not about to be called any more names or treated less then what I deserve. So I walked him to the door he put his foot out to stop me from shutting the door I kept pushing the door got it closed and locked. My phone starts to go off with texts an calls from him. I get rid of my phone for the night and tell myself I'll worry about this later I'm excited about trying to sleep and a little nervous. Thinking I won't probably get much sleep but that's okay. And guess what I slept :) I woke up 3 times it wasn't perfect but did it!! I'm proud of myself, I don't want my kids seeing me accepting treatment from people that isn't positive :) It's invigorating knowing I don't have to accept bad treatment from others :)

allie76

Post by allie76 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Just thinking it's funny how about a month ago I was thinking in possibilities and just because a thought that I over reacted to popped in my head one morning I have had myself in a prison to my thoughts for a time. I'm feeling better knowing that I am I control of which thoughts I take seriously:) and thank you for the positive replies <3 they do help.

Freedom4me

Post by Freedom4me » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:49 pm

allie,
I'm so happy to hear of your progress. Your posts have given me some encouragement as I find myself in an apparent 'growth spurt' too. This really sucks! But I like how you followed up in the posts and let us know that it went well. That is encouraging for me.

icesaga

Post by icesaga » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:28 pm

I too am thankful for this post. As I tend to go through growth spurts often (1-2 years), some worse than others. And it usually is due to unmanaged stress. This program has been a Godsend for me, and has helped me many times. Truthfully however I've never made it past session 4, as I usually feel better after this. Anyway, it does help to know that I've made it through the worst before, and can do it again. Here's to getting past our growth spurts. God bless!

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:11 am

My health is a little better!!! There are still issues to deal with!!!! :P

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”