Ugh! I was doing so well.....

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
angee1234

Ugh! I was doing so well.....

Post by angee1234 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:24 am

Hi. I'm Angie. I had a lot of anxiety and I went through the program (twice! :) ) It helped so much the first time when Lucinda said do it again I wasn't going to argue with her. It gave me the strength to leave my very safe dead-end job and go to grad school while working part-time as an intern for a company.

I knew all of this would produce anxiety, but man! We're talking serious growth spurts here. My first session of school was pretty rough emotionally. I had myself convinced my brain couldn't write a term paper anymore. Total negative thinking- flooding in on myself. After all that, I got through it with an A-.

I've had a lot of anxiety at work. I want to do the best job I can and I worry I'm not fast enough or that I'm going to make a mistake. My boss can be impatient and demanding.

I've gotten the tapes out and I have been listening to them over and over again. I cut caffeine out again. I'm journaling. This job still has me stressed. I'm trying to just feel the fear and do it anyway. I'm really trying to get trough it. I'm disappointed that I had made such progress and I slipped back into old habits so easily. I had gotten so strong and now I feel like such a hot mess. I'll listen to a tape and it will make me feel better. I just really long for the strength I felt before I left my safety bubble.

Any advice?

coachchris

Re: Ugh! I was doing so well.....

Post by coachchris » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Angee,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your post and reaching out.

It's great to read about all of the courageous changes you are making. As changes come we continue to come across new challenges that can create some adrenalin. Let the adrenalin talk to you and teach you. You are already hearing the negative thinking and replacing it with your positive truths. Remember that it is just adrenalin/excitement/courage. Float with it and breath through it. Watch the expectations and make sure they are realistic. Celebrate your successes. You are an amazing woman!

Keep us posted. We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”