Colds/ Flu

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
jodiek

Colds/ Flu

Post by jodiek » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi,

I haven't reached this session yet, but it seems like the best place for a question about a 'growth spurt'! I am on week six and was doing really well. In the last two weeks, I started going to stores again (by myself), driving without fear, and being happy to go to work. Then, I got a bad cold this week. I had to miss three days of work because I felt so sick (weak, spacey, coughing, congested). I couldn't stand the thought of feeling so terribly and going to work and feeling anxious on top of it. My boss told me today that if I don't show up tomorrow, I won't have a job anymore, even though I'm sick, I've missed too much time. I don't know what to do. This bump in the road seems like it could be the end for me. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I don't know what I'll do after that. :/

jodiek

Re: Colds/ Flu

Post by jodiek » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:50 pm

I guess what I'm wondering is does anyone else have more anxiety or a return of anxiety when they're sick? And how do you deal with it? I also have fears about taking cold medicine with the anti-anxiety med I am still on. Any advice on that?

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”